...life can be translucent

Menu

Pregnancy Hexes and the Yi

g77777

visitor
Reaction score
There has been discussion happening under a different thread. If I knew how to insert the link I would. That thread "presured pregnancy" is in Shared Readings and has to do with a forced arranged marriage.

The hex in question was hex 62. I was wondering what other people had experienced with the Yi. WHAT ARE THE HEXES AND LINES THAT PERTAIN TO PREGNANCY?

I thought Hex 1 may be a good choice to indicate pregnancy. Anyone else have any ideas or experiemces?

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
When the King Wen Sequence is read as the sequence of life, hexagram 32 Duration refers to conception -- the way the family endures -- and hexagram 33 Retreat to the withdrawal of the woman to protect the fetus.
Bearing the child is the work of women.
If she is not still, it will not live.
-- Tai Xuan Jing 77. 2

Lines 3 and 4 are the zone that corresponds to pregnancy when the hexagram is considered as a body. However, in my opinion any hexagram or line can signify pregnancy depending on the query and the atmosphere of the querent's presentation.

g77777

visitor
Reaction score
Hi pocossin,

So good to see you here! I didn't appreciate this before your post as I am stillvery much learning the Yi and have on been using it for a year. Earlier today I was thinking of 44.5:

A melon covered with willow leaves.
Hidden lines.
Then it drops down to one from heaven

And yes you are so obviously correct about any reply being possible. I was merely thinking about some hexes which may be more directly linked to pregnancy. I am not nearly as well studied as many on this site, and I got interested when I began thinking about my limited knowledge of Chinese culture. I don't know what the practices were for conception or the philosophy or even whether there were methods of contraception. I am not even aware whether there were wives who were meant soley for that purpose as the Yi does seem to include poligamy.

Fascinating!
Best g7's:bows:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).