...life can be translucent

Menu

56.5 to 33 (what do they have to do with my question)

honey1989

visitor
Reaction score
I asked the I-ching
'how am i doing so far' after a few rough months and i got 40.6 - 64
which i guess is saying I'm not yet across (64) and for me to get across i have to get rid of something that's hovering ova me(40.6).

so i asked again,
'what do i need to get rid of in order get across'
And i receive 56.5 to 33

I don't understand how these (56.5 - 33)results are linked to helping me find out what to get rid off.
Please help.

Thanks in advance. :bows:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I asked the I-ching
'how am i doing so far' after a few rough months and i got 40.6 - 64
which i guess is saying I'm not yet across (64) and for me to get across i have to get rid of something that's hovering ova me(40.6).

so i asked again,
'what do i need to get rid of in order get across'
And i receive 56.5 to 33

I don't understand how these (56.5 - 33)results are linked to helping me find out what to get rid off.
Please help.

Thanks in advance. :bows:

You asked 'how am I doing' and got 40.6. If it were my answer i'd read this as I'm doing pretty well. I have succeeded in tackling some very difficult problems to the point where I am free of them or virtually free of them....there are no more obstacles in this regard.

Answers aren't always instructions....actually they are rarely instructions IMO...sometimes they are ....but you weren't asking for an instructions....you asked for a progress report, one I personally would be pretty pleased to get. There is no need at all to go looking for something to 'shoot down' that is hanging over you...you already shot it.

Where one line is moving that line carries great import in the reading, greater than the relating hexagram which I see as merely a backdrop here. You are/were making a transition (64), you have struggled, theres been huge tension...in 40.6 that tension releases as the last obstacle falls. :)

So your next question is redundant because there never was any need to go looking for things to shoot. This is where many people go off track...drawing a false conclusion from one reading leading to a question based on a false premise and so on. We all love to complicate things. You had an answer telling you you had freed yourself pretty much....but you want more difficulty !! ;) I mean there may be one more thing to do but i don't think you'd need to go looking for it...i think its already contained in the situation, its already part of what you are doing, have been doing, in these few rough months you speak of.

Anyway 56.5 in practical terms can often signify finding some kind of position, job, place, acceptance that enables one to settle down where one felt like an alien. Its a kind of respite (relating hex 33) from the lonliness of the road, from alienation.

It sounds like you 'landed' something...a job perhaps or a college place or even a home or a solid kind of relationship. I think it has much to do with the security of belonging. Again I don't think its an instruction as such. Yis answers most often describe ones current situation so you can see where you are. Lucky you, you had 40.6. then 56.5 ! Sometimes Yis answers are predictive but not always since so much depends on what we do about where we are. And sometimes they are advice and wake up calls and so on but you will come to recognise them the more you develop your relationship with Yi. In this instance I think you assumed you were going to be told what you must do....but actually you only asked for a picture of how things were...which is a good useful question IMO.

So to summarise the answers said IMO, you did well to get this far, you've dealt successfully with obstacles, and if you haven't totally yet (hex 64) you will soon. (40.6)....it appears an opportunity of some kind may appear or has appeared (56.5) which enables you to feel so much more part of things than the feelings of 56 usually gives and helps you to feel safe (hex 33)

I guess the advice I might see in 56.5 also is to apply for things, don't feel disheartened...put out applications, feelers, requests. They won't all be successful but there is a crucial one that is or will be. Doesn't have to be a job but its something makes you feel part of community or environment...so could even be a friendship. Often though I think this does apply to attaining aposition of some kind

:D

don't you think its time to :bounce:

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).