...life can be translucent

Menu

36>41

yxeli

visitor
Reaction score
Hey all.

I've checked around the forums for this combination, but there doesn't seem to be any threads for this mix, so for posterity I thought I ought to share it.

A little background: A relationship ended, I stated my case and verbalised my thoughts to him which greatly helped me seperate from the situation. It's been a few weeks now since we had a meeting and I told him my position, and so far I feel very much relieved, as if the one hang up (not telling him exactly how he mistreated me over three years, strung me along etc) has now been rectified, or more like i've said all I could say and so must make peace with it.

I asked Yi three questions surrounding this relationship this morning, ( I will post them here, not necessarily for interpretation reasons, but may give more info toward this 36>41 reading)

first was his current position regarding relationship 42 1,6,>8. This has been well documented on the forums here, so really just for reference I put it here.

The next was to rectify my own position regarding him, 60 1,4,5> 40, 40 and 60 have always seemed very similar to me, I understand 60 to be forming things into manageable defintions, (from the dispersal of 59), but I always associate 40 with 60 in my head anyway, probably to my own detriment of understanding, but in any case I took the overall meaning of this reading to be, that I am in the process of understanding and managing this situation by forming organiseable constructs in my head which I can believe in. (which hold truth).

So this brings me onto 36>41. the question was what should my position be regarding this relationship slightly different from the one above, basically with the intention of asking what Yi thinks the best stance is for me to have at this point.

Just looking at the hexes themselves, It looks like quite an inauspicious reading, wounding to decrease. Changing lines were 36, 2,3,6> 41. Chris Lofting had this combination as correcting corruption (18), which seems to fit with the overall theme that i have about this situation.

Any other thoughts about this would be greatly appreciated, as always.

Bests,

Yx

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
hmmm, 40 release , letting go, untying knots, freedom. 60, limitation, but yes 60 done well (happy restraint) can lead to freedom, as most sculptors of old have said, they release the sculpture, the form, from the stone etc. by chipping away bit by bit, by articulation.

LiSe 60:
A very rigid hexagram, but giving value to the most free means of expression. Living moment after moment makes that possible. Restrictions need expiring dates, so every new cycle will have its own new energy. Life becomes a composition. Not the notes but their rhythm and succession make the music.
Play your own song on your own flute. If your pitch is right, you will able to join in with others, and they with you.

There actually isn't any mention of inauspicious in 36 > 41 , not in the judgements and not in the changing lines. But given the time you are in its probably feels like it must be, 36 is wounding yes, but its also healing and most importantly keeping your inner light safe by whatever means to ensure it doesn't get blown out.

I think this reading presents a nice journey, 41 is a loss and for you a loss of a relationship, something has been subtracted from your life, but just look at the judgement for 41

(I'll use wilhelm)

DECREASE combined with sincerity
Brings about supreme good fortune
Without blame.

As it sounds it was time for this, it was the right thing to do, this is good fortune and there is no blame for anyone, it was time for that relationship to go. from you: "A little background: A relationship ended" simple but strong statement.
One may be persevering in this.
It furthers one to undertake something.
How is this to be carried out?
One may use two small bowls for the sacrifice.

I think Bradford writes it best:
To give a thing up is not always a loss if it goes to where it is needed and it comes from where it is not. Nor surrender always defeat, nor thrift an ungenerous way. Young sprouts and seedlings are topped and pruned but are not diminished thereby. A sacrifice is supposed to cost less than its worth. Two small bowls, even if filled with what is on hand and not needed, might be sacred to someone else.

One way you have already done this is to offer your reading up to the archives which don't contain many 36 > 41's. And I appreciated being confused by your association of 40 with 60 as it made me think about them both more deeply.

But back to the journey of this reading, its a loss even if only a loss of a way of relating that contained a hope for what you thought it might one day become. And so here you are in a 36 state, from lines 2 and 3 all the way to the end at line 6.

36's judgement states this is the time, brightness hiding or brightness obscured etc. it doesn't say auspicious or pitfall or inauspicious. It does say this time calls for sticking it out, waiting it out, persisting through difficulties, determination about difficulties etc.

Bradford goes further than just protecting your inner light in saying with intelligence it wont matter if it goes out .
We do not need to carry the flame if we carry the know-how to get the flame started.

If you know the truth of who you are nothing can decrease it, anything subtracted from your life, like relationships/people, doesn't decrease you but instead allows you to come into focus. Like any kind of reduction, boiling off water to make a concentrate or panning out mud and silt to find gold.

At 36 line 2 it shows going forward in difficulty with strength, and at line 3 is where is hits hard and I really like Hilary's take on turning points where lines change to 24, which line 3 on its own does. You got the crux of the problem here with your confrontation or conversation with him, but all is not solved/ resolved or closed for you. Then there is line 6

There are different takes on this line, it being line 6 marks the end of the journey for this hex the end of hiding brightness, heralding closure, the darkest point before dawn and the return of the light.

But the actual translation seems to be warning one not to return to lightness too soon.

Six at the top means:
Not light but darkness.
First he climbed up to heaven,
Then plunged into the depths of the earth.

When I look at the form of the hex you see those open lines of earth where little li has fallen through.

Maybe its actually that one tries to reveals one's light too soon, like wearing your heart on your sleeve in front of an unworthy suitor, and before you know it plunges into the dark. This may feel like the situation gets worse but if its happened this way, if its too late to heed the warning then your path is simply to embrace the darkness 'go into the crevasse' go deeper to find the way out.

Personally I have experienced this line as the end of the 36 time and not a darknening, but I still cant ignore that the words say at first light then plunging into darkness, I think there is something in that and certainly Bradford's interpretation goes a little deeper.

He might have illumined all four quarters from the great heights life allowed him. Yet he would neither see light nor be light, so all that he gained was a great height to fall from.

I think for you it might mean to remember to heal first then be bright, the overall message of 36 and best put by Lise:

If you strive always to be on top, your fall may be devastating. One can only know about the light when one knows and accepts the dark too. Enter the dark and you will understand light. First low, then high. That's how things grow healthy and natural. This way the sun creates night and day.

Its time to get monkey's off your back (41)and to heal(36). Then you'll find yourself back at 41, which at the end of the day is a clean slate, because after the loss or offering something, giving up something you are left with an empty plate... in which to put new things in.

(I also think of 36 as self preservation)

:hug:

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
Too long winded, obscure and detatched? Any thoughts? Where did you go yxeli?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Too long winded, obscure and detatched? Any thoughts? Where did you go yxeli?

Yes chingching i am afraid on this occasion i can only give you C- due to your being too long winded, obscure and detached and spending too much time in trying to assist this person.

Please try harder next time :rofl:

Bloody Hell c'mon Yxeli ! chingching did alot of work here.....whatsya feedback man ?

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
Lol, oh well I'll be here to read your experiences with this combo when you feel up to it yxeli.

I do wonder why though when people don't write back, is it me, was it my breath? Did the fact that I haven,t showered for three days put you off? What was it?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, oh well I'll be here to read your experiences with this combo when you feel up to it yxeli.

I do wonder why though when people don't write back, is it me, was it my breath? Did the fact that I haven,t showered for three days put you off? What was it?

:rofl: I just asked her in PM as the suspense is killing me ..she is here

I think you must have caused serious offense cos she hasn't even clicked the 'thanks' button.....

yxeli

visitor
Reaction score
im really sorry, i just got a pm about this!

ching ching- i read your post when you initially posted and thought it so fricken good that i wanted to sit down when i get a chance( up to me proverbial teats over here!!) and write a really long proper reply-- sorry if you think im ignoring ya!

Trojan! Leave it out wudja! :p

im gonna get back to ya ching ching jeez! wheres all da bleedin patience the Yi be tryin to drill into us die-hards eh??!

lols!

xxxxx

Yx

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hooray chingching doesn't smell afterall

:pompom:

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
Well no smell that can reach others through the Internet at least.... Not yet any way moi ha ha ha ha

yxeli

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks chingching, you definitely dont smell from over here :p

Sorry it took so long to reply, i was on the site all the time, but dipping in and out of new readings i had received and also was very busy last week with finishing off an EP and other bits and bobs, and really wanted to give you some proper feedback regarding your interp, so now i have an hr to spend at breakfast here, finally :0 So here it goes ::

And I appreciated being confused by your association of 40 with 60 as it made me think about them both more deeply.

Yeah! I'm trying to figure these out too...in my head i associate 40 and 60 with rules, standards, limits, definitions, and the whole idea of forming a fixed perspective on something. Not that the perspective is static, but both of these hexes give me an impression of brain structure, like synapses firing at eachother with one specific target and function?? 40 i think is more about forgiveness and the whole untying knots, like rewiring your synapses in another direction? and 60 is about controlling the direction of fire (..? bit random here, have never really 'articulated' (scuse the pun) this before :))

this paragraph here really hit the nail on the head when i read your post initially re 36

Maybe its actually that one tries to reveals one's light too soon, like wearing your heart on your sleeve in front of an unworthy suitor, and before you know it plunges into the dark. This may feel like the situation gets worse but if its happened this way, if its too late to heed the warning then your path is simply to embrace the darkness 'go into the crevasse' go deeper to find the way out.

i think this is exactly what happened. it was my first real experience of a love type thing, sure I've had relationships before but this guy really got under my skin, being vulnerable is what its all about i think but i definitely went in with my heart on my sleeve early, very exposed and naively thinking that no harm could possibly come from it. there was issues with trust right from the beginning, and my way to overcome both his mistrust towards me and my own was to bounce in with complete transparency and i think a slightly deluded sense of 'i dont need to protect myself, im gonna let it all out straight away, whats the worst that can happen?' type internal dialogue. It was a reaction to this mistrust about the relationship ( he would flirt and kiss other girls in fornt of me, would walk me home some nights just to tell me that he thought some other girl was really attractive etc. (he defo has problems with speaking his real feelings, he did all this i think to get a reaction from me, to see how i really felt) (also that sounds like it wasnt even a proper relationship! but theres more to it, he told me we were together in front of his sister, said we were official a few times during this flirty stuff with others, before walking off etc etc)

now that i look back on what ive just written, it does seem like the 36 guy feigning madness, as far as my deluded 'let it all hang out' reaction was to this.

If you strive always to be on top, your fall may be devastating. One can only know about the light when one knows and accepts the dark too. Enter the dark and you will understand light. First low, then high. That's how things grow healthy and natural. This way the sun creates night and day.
Its time to get monkey's off your back (41)and to heal(36). Then you'll find yourself back at 41, which at the end of the day is a clean slate, because after the loss or offering something, giving up something you are left with an empty plate... in which to put new things in.

yeah 41 is the clean slate hex i think! and the wounding and the darkness is all pervasive, i reacted to being messed about due to his insecurities with a very naive almost 'feinging madness' type heart on sleeve stuff. lesson learned i think.

thank you for your long and very detailed response- i hope mine is a worthy offering back! :)

Bests,
Yxxx

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
of course, I kind of see where you are going with 40 and 60. :)

he would flirt and kiss other girls in fornt of me, would walk me home some nights just to tell me that he thought some other girl was really attractive etc

you know sometimes this behaviour is simply peacockery, men sometimes do this to show you how desirable they are. But it does create confusion. I've blown of three very compatible guys on this misunderstanding alone, finding out later that their intention was to capture my attention.

But that is just a side note really, amongst everything else that went on for you and not that it is a good behaviour, ultimately if I were with any of those guys the relationship wouldn't have lasted anyway due to other factors. Clean slates ahoy.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).