...life can be translucent

Menu

Unhappiness? Hex 23.1 to Hex 27

jp78

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
What is the cause of my unhappiness in my life?

Hexagram 23.1 to Hexagram 27

I am very confused by the I-Ching's response here. Hexagram 23 refers to downfall and line 1 is negative stating persistence brings about danger not only to myself, but others who are loyal to me? Hexagram 23 is implying I am causing my own unhappiness because of my own persistence in something other than what may be important? Whereas hexagram 27 is about nourishment - maybe its saying nourish what you care about?

meganj

visitor
Reaction score
hmm.. well whats going on your life right now?
because im seeing in your reading that people may have backstabbed or gossiped about you, that is a negative source of contribution to your happiness.
the 27 is your nourishment and what is contributed to it to make you a happy stable person, the line in 23 in addition to this hex does not say anything about ur personal nourishment but how are being nourished to make you unhappy.

meganj

visitor
Reaction score
"the situation bodes disaster, yet there is nothing to do but wait"

jp78

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I did find out that a couple of so-called "friends" all played a joke on me and never told me the truth (found out through another friend). And, that does hurt my feelings but I don't really think that is the source of my unhappiness because I don't care who gossips about me or backstabs. I simply carry on my own self and try to avoid people that I know are like that. Not sure why anyone would want to backstab or gossip about me unless they were jealous or I hurt them by mistake. But, I think the source of my unhappiness is the absence of fluidity/flow in my life - or things to run smoothly. Maybe should've asked what is the source of my unhappiness?

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
I read this as: lose what you think is expected of you and feed yourself living food. If you allow others to eat away your own foundation, you wind up sitting on the floor of yourself. Happiness can never endure while relying on the approval of others for your nourishment. At the very best you'd be like a yo-yo, up and down and up and down again. Find your own elevation, your own levity or lightness of spirit. Don't allow others to cut your legs off. Also it helps if you don't take yourself too seriously. Then if someone mocks you, you can laugh with them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whAFLhSWdsA

dilson

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks!

Meng,
Thank you for your contribution. It made me laugh while watching the video and I shared the opportunity to watch others of the same author. Some of them are enlightening and they do make you think about consciousness, love and other topics.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score

Even though your question was phrased in a general way, the answer probably is pointing to something specific, one specific dynamic.

The peeling off can be done by others or it can be done by you. When done by ourselves, this generally comes about because we regard others as being inferior to ourselves and we therefore disregard them or spurn their friendship.

On the other hand there can be an external peeling off which is disempowering you in some way or beginning to threaten your stability. So who could be happy in such a situation? When appearing in this second sense, the I Ching might be alerting you to an unfortunate undermining you are not fully aware of at the present time or have not identified yet.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score

I am very confused by the I-Ching's response here. Hexagram 23 refers to downfall and line 1 is negative stating persistence brings about danger not only to myself, but others who are loyal to me? Hexagram 23 is implying I am causing my own unhappiness because of my own persistence in something other than what may be important? Whereas hexagram 27 is about nourishment - maybe its saying nourish what you care about?

I feel the question is too amorphous to be that much use...and in your shoes I think a more helpful question might be "what can I do to bring happiness into my life' which admittedly is an equally amorphous question...but what I'm trying to say I'd be tempted to invert the question away from causes of unhappiness to causes for happiness. With this question I think you can easily be drawn back to focusing on negatives...like you already start looking to pin your unhappiness on some friends gossiping or something. I think thats a bit of a downward path.....I think you could ask a better question. Otherwise all you are doing is increasing unfounded paranoia by the look of it

jp78

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with all your posts. I did step into the path of negativity by phrasing my question around 'Unhappiness' and should've been what can I do to bring happiness in my life.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).