...life can be translucent

Menu

Difficulty in staying faithful. 61.2 >42

deepstillwater

visitor
Reaction score
Hello fellow I chingers,

A very good friend of mine shared with me a reading she had gotten. She is relatively new with the I Ching, and asked my opinion about her reading but given the nature of the question with her permission I thought I would share it with the hope for further clarification.

My friend is in a long-term relationship, yet has started having feelings for another person. She does not want to be unfaithful, yet she is finding it more and more difficult as she works with this person and there is an attraction between them.

She asked: Why do I find faithfulness so difficult?

Hexagram 61.2 to 42.

Now, this is where I'm hoping you could help me because I'm really uncertain what to tell her.

Does 61 mean that unfaithfulness is part of her nature? I don't think that to be the case, and I'm not sure that telling her this would be very helpful.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
she finds being faithful difficult becasue she wants to be with the other person

simple

i don't think its that mysterious....theres a cup to share and she wants to share it. Anyway the answer doesn't seem to disencourage the sharing so maybe this new perosn is someone she needs to share a cup with.

If deep down she wanted to be faithful she'd be faithful but she doesn't want to be...shes double bluffing herself by making out she finds it 'difficult'

I think in your shoes I'd hand this right back to her as her choice....she feels what she feels shes no need to disguise this up as so 'difficult'.....looks like shes enjoying herself to me

She could be using you in a roundabout way to deal with guilt feelings etc....thats a waste of your time...so give it back to her...all this great 'difficulty' its not something for you to solve IMO

Reaction score
Hi,

I see the cup as her capacity to share and offer herself. What she has got is a lot, she is overflowing with offering (42). She feels a deep connection and understanding with this other person she works with and so it is natural to want to share this cup with him (61.2).

She might want to do a reading in regards to her long-term relationship and see where that stands. Maybe her wanting to connect with the work person is more clear to her, and she could delve into the other side of the coin.

Best Regards,
AQ

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
I would just like to point out that with 61.2 there is a great feeling of being on the same wavelength and being able to communicate freely, and there is no inherent sexual relationship there. I got 61.2 a couple of times with regard to my doctor, because I could communicate so easily with him and he was such a great listener. Maybe she is confusing communication with sex because her husband is not such a great communicator? That's what seems to be the case. But I agree with Trojan that this is not your job to straighten out.

foxx777

visitor
Reaction score
I would just like to point out that with 61.2 there is a great feeling of being on the same wavelength and being able to communicate freely, and there is no inherent sexual relationship there. I got 61.2 a couple of times with regard to my doctor, because I could communicate so easily with him and he was such a great listener. Maybe she is confusing communication with sex because her husband is not such a great communicator? That's what seems to be the case. But I agree with Trojan that this is not your job to straighten out.
I think H61 is all about sincerity.
And line 2 leads to 42, great increase.

I think as she is even thinking about being unfaithful, she does not have this closeness and wavelength with her partner, but is seeking it with someone new. If she follows this, it may be that the old will end, and a new relationship can take its place. In this translation, the underlined may indicate some impulsivity which may or may not lead to problems.

A crane makes sounds in the shadows,
her young responds to it.
I have a fine flagon of wine,
You and I together will waste it.

Being close and connected to someone in a relationship of sharing.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).