...life can be translucent

Menu

Pl help in interpreting

praveenmohanty

visitor
Reaction score
Dear members:

In response to my question about my current job situation, wherein a certain job offer disintegrated after confirmation, I got the following answer in my reading, 6.2.4.5.6 to 2.
I would greatly appreciate your help in interpreting the situation.

Many thanks
Praveen

foxx777

visitor
Reaction score
Obviously there was a conflict (perhaps legal?) about this job offer which was rescinded, and you would appear to be being advised to take a cautious approach, and perhaps seek help, but not be too forceful:

6. Conflict

Line 2:

He cannot win this conflict.
He goes back, and then avoids the village people.
Three hundred households, without blunder.

Backing off and then avoiding the situation, as this conflict cannot be won. The other side has superior strength, so this is not a mistake.

Line 4:

One cannot win this conflict.
Returning immediately changes one's fate.
Persisting peacefully brings good fortune.

Not engaging in conflict, as there is no way that one can win. This saves one from an unpleasant fate. Things go well by going on peacefully.

Line 5:

Conflict as a source of good fortune.

Arguing the case will resolve the situation to satisfaction.

Line 6:

Somebody grants him a big leather belt to wear.
By the end of the morning, it is stripped three times from him.

A prize won in a conflict is easily lost. One will be challenged again and again.
I think H2 seems very hopeful:

2. Land

Land.
A foundation for progress.
Beneficial is the persistence of a mare.
The noble one has a goal to move to.
Being confused at first,
later acquiring mastery.

It is beneficial that companionship is gained in the southwest,
companionship is lost in the northeast.
Calm persistence brings good fortune.

There is a new potential, for you to develop. At first you'll not know your way, but you'll gain a handle on the situation and eventually master it. Just calmly proceed. It is beneficial to make partners and allies, and not to move on with people who have different interests.
(At the original place and time of the I Ching, allies were in the southwest, territory they wanted to conquer was in the northeast.)

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
I tend to think that since you got top line moving, no matter how often it seems hopeful that your opinion will prevail, the "win" will be taken away from you repeatedly -- and you will get nowhere with this deep dispute. The advice is to stop the conflict or even leave the situation if you can. I know you think you're right but the opposition is in the stronger position.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).