...life can be translucent

Menu

Amazing date! Or just mediocre maybe?

kdedeaux4

visitor
Reaction score
With so much going on right now in my life, I hardly have the time or inclination to attempt to date... However, I went on a first date with a terrific guy last week. I have to admit, it was the best date I may have ever been on in my life! It was extra special because of all the difficulties I'm going through right now. It was a day full of fun and laughter, innocent and just perfect...exactly what I needed exactly when I most needed it...I'm so grateful I mustered up the gumption to go:D

I'm not good at the dating thing, having not done much of it really in my life. He seemed to like me enough, we had a great time as far as I can tell and the date went from just lunch to a full day long into watching the sunset off the lake with some of his terrific friends... Like a date straight out of a movie! He didn't kiss me good bye tho after our great date..he only hugged me and kissed my head. I loved this but kinda wonder if that indicates he's not interested in me romantically... or maybe that he's a bit old fashioned or not one to jump into anything quickly (he does seem to have those qualities)? I truly have no clue and no clear intuition into which this is.
He hasn't mentioned another date, but I've texted him twice and he's very kind or funny in his responses... I'm curious...I really liked him. Typically I would think these things mean he liked me okay but probably just isn't "that into me" romantically.
I asked the Yi a few questions right after our date for a picture of how the date went and both times received 55. Is that saying that was the "best it was going to get", as in no big future fun dates with this great guy?
Today, I asked the Yi, to give me a picture of how N sees me after our date.. Response: 30.3.5 --> 25. That seemed pretty good til I delved deeper and then not so much? both lines seem negative?? ...more confused!
So I next asked for advice on how to proceed with N. Response:31.3.5.6 --->35. Again seems like a nice answer....but not at all sure what the advice is?
I realize this is very trivial, but I really would appreciate your thoughts and insight on this! I really liked this guy and it's been a *very* long time since I've been interested in anyone like this:blush:
Thank you! Namaste':bows:
~KD

foxx777

visitor
Reaction score
Here is something from the Berkers translation and commentary which may help you. From what I can glean, you are being told not to over-worry about it all, that there may be something within you which may be going through a transition, and and far as this man goes, to allow time to see what will follow, and not to try to influence it too much with superficial talk. What were his responses to your texts?

30. Separating

Line 3:

The sun moves to the West, it goes away.
No drumming on pots while singing,
thus a lot of old people's moaning.
Misfortune.

The end of a period is coming near. There is a tendency to moan and complain, and not try to make the best of it. Things don't go well.

Line 5:

Tears come out like heavy rain.
Sorrow and sighing.
Good fortune.

Grieving over a heavy loss. Things go well, however.

Hexagram is changing to:

25. Without Pretense

Without pretense.
A foundation for progress.
It is beneficial to persist.
In fact, not being pure is a severe mistake.
It is a disadvantage to have a goal to move to.

Being oneself, natural, without making an effort to appear different than one really is. This makes real progress possible. It's beneficial to continue being this way. Not being thus is in fact a severe mistake. Pursuing a goal may make it necessary to go against one's feelings, so this is a disadvantage to being oneself.
31. Being Affected

Line 3:

Affecting the groin.
Holding on to what is followed.
Leaving is inadequate.

Being attracted and attached to someone (or something). It wouldn't be a good idea to go away.

Line 5:

Affecting the back muscles,
without aversion.

Being affected by something one can count on, and that one doesn't dislike.
(When the back muscles are activated, one's posture becomes more straight. This is a sign of being energized.)

Line 6:

Affecting the jaws, cheeks and tongue.

Trying to influence others with superficial talk.

Hexagram is changing to:

35. Progress

Progress.
The Marquis of Kang made use of given horses.
They multiplied to a great number.
Every day they mated three times during the daytime.

Progressing by making effective use of opportunities.
(The Marquis let the horses he was given mate as often as possible, in order to have a lot of offspring.)

M

mirian

Hello KD,

I just want to share some ideas with you; please do not take them as cast in stone but rather as I would interpret your readings for myself if I were in your position.

That said, my impression is that somehow this bloke does not see this date progressing to the next level at the moment. It feels like he is thinking "What a shame". Perhaps there is something about him/his life/his current situation that makes him think that this (a romantic relationship with you) cannot work. Perhaps is something about you/your life/your current situation. So, he had a very pleasant moment at the date but somehow short-lived.

On the other hand, you feel a strong attraction and would be happy to progress in the relationship but have no real power to influence him. Your attempts to influence only produce words, no real effect, just talk.

So, the Yi is showing this scenario from different angles, then you can understand where you stand and make a decision about what to do next. Advice? Control your impulses, check your emotions, get hold of the situation. The way it is now it is just not working out well for you.

Hope that helps, as a starting point.

kdedeaux4

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you both so much! Foxx, his responses are polite and kind of funny...they don't demonstrate a huge interest as in OMG...I LIKE YOU!!! but they don't demonstrate a total lack of interest either. Sort of non-committal is what it seems or maybe "on the fence" interest wise. Gosh, it's just hard to tell! However, I typically believe if a guy *is* interested, a girl really wouldn't have to be questioning whether or not he was, right? Well, usually at least I'd guess that. It's so hard not to try to read what you want to see into someone's communications with you!! Anyway, t's certainly possible that you're correct; he might have something going on which keeps him holding back for whatever reason or it could be that *my* life is rather full of chaos and difficulty right now(and it is!!) and maybe he senses that enough to just not want to get too deeply involved w/ me. Perhaps one of the biggest reasons I so enjoyed my time with him was that was not only my first date in years (!!), but it was the first day in months I was able to not only go the entire day w/o crying, but actually was able to genuinely smile and laugh. Right now, that's hard for me to not want to grasp on to kinda... Sorta desperate to ease my pain n sadness however I can at this point:(
Mirian, from his simple responses, you also could very well be right. It may be that although he connected w/ me on a friendly level, perhaps I'm just not his "cup of tea" for dating material? Might just be "not that into me". I really hope that's not the case, but I'm not pursuing him heavily or anything. I'm not very aggressive by nature and certainly not if I sense someone might not be interested. I've mostly just kept a bit of easy simple and friendly communication open and then I leave it up to him to respond or not. So while I hope your interpretation isn't the case, I'm still very grateful for your input and acknowledge you very well could be right... Only time will tell for sure I suppose. So, I'll just leave him alone completely and let him do (or not do) as he will.
Thank you both so very much!!!!!!:hug:
~Krista:bows:
Miria

foxx777

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you both so much! Foxx, his responses are polite and kind of funny...they don't demonstrate a huge interest as in OMG...I LIKE YOU!!! but they don't demonstrate a total lack of interest either. Sort of non-committal is what it seems or maybe "on the fence" interest wise. Gosh, it's just hard to tell! However, I typically believe if a guy *is* interested, a girl really wouldn't have to be questioning whether or not he was, right? Well, usually at least I'd guess that. It's so hard not to try to read what you want to see into someone's communications with you!! Anyway, t's certainly possible that you're correct; he might have something going on which keeps him holding back for whatever reason or it could be that *my* life is rather full of chaos and difficulty right now(and it is!!) and maybe he senses that enough to just not want to get too deeply involved w/ me. Perhaps one of the biggest reasons I so enjoyed my time with him was that was not only my first date in years (!!), but it was the first day in months I was able to not only go the entire day w/o crying, but actually was able to genuinely smile and laugh. Right now, that's hard for me to not want to grasp on to kinda... Sorta desperate to ease my pain n sadness however I can at this point:(
Mirian, from his simple responses, you also could very well be right. It may be that although he connected w/ me on a friendly level, perhaps I'm just not his "cup of tea" for dating material? Might just be "not that into me". I really hope that's not the case, but I'm not pursuing him heavily or anything. I'm not very aggressive by nature and certainly not if I sense someone might not be interested. I've mostly just kept a bit of easy simple and friendly communication open and then I leave it up to him to respond or not. So while I hope your interpretation isn't the case, I'm still very grateful for your input and acknowledge you very well could be right... Only time will tell for sure I suppose. So, I'll just leave him alone completely and let him do (or not do) as he will.
Thank you both so very much!!!!!!:hug:
~Krista:bows:
Miria
I know what it is like to go through times of chaos and pain, and yes, it is only natural to want to grasp onto a bit of sunshine which comes our way. I have done it myself, and even became aggressive in pursuing someone once (thank god you have the sense not to do this) - of course, it was wasted time and pain. I think you must be as good to yourself as you can be, let this guy either come back on his own, or maybe, just maybe, that date was a sign that you should keep looking to better days: Next time, someone like that may come, and stay, because you will have gotten to a better place. In any case, hang in there, and look to better days ahead. Very best wishes to you.

kdedeaux4

visitor
Reaction score
Update

Just thought I'd post an update here to affirm how correct my responders who helped me out with this question were!

I finally emailed this great guy, thanked him for the GREAT date again and kinda hinted as to how he felt it went. He responded very honestly and said he really liked me and wanted to spend time more with me, but the connection he felt was only friendly and/or sisterly..not at all romantic...
Too bad, but I value his honesty and developing a friendship with him bc he's just a really terrific guy:D

So, Mirian and Foxx, you both were so very right on with your insight into this and I thought I'd let you know!
Thank you both very much!!:hug:
Namaste',
kd

foxx777

visitor
Reaction score
I am glad to hear this.
And who knows, he may surprise himself by developing stronger feelings for you. It has happened. In any event, best of luck. :)

M

mirian

Dear Kd,
Thanks a lot for your update. I think your reading is very liberating because your life can now progress and I am sure there will be someone out there for you.;)

All the best:bows:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).