...life can be translucent

Menu

Please help not understanding at all

chrissy11

visitor
Reaction score
was exboyfriend happy to see me today I spent time with him today but not sure how he felt
Your reading resulted in the following hexagrams:

changing to
21 41

Hexagram 21, Biting Through

Key Questions
What must you do to get to the truth?
How can you become more effective?

Oracle
‘Biting through, creating success.
Fruitful to use legal proceedings.’

It’s time to bite through to the truth, cracking the situation open like a bone between your teeth, using the power of a diviner to open up the smooth surfaces of things and penetrate to the essence. Resting content with appearances may be easier, but it is no longer enough.

Deal with obstacles as you would something tough in your food: bite and gnaw your way through until your teeth meet. It will help to use the determination of an investigator or a judge, intent on restoring the world to good order, who will let nothing stand between them and the truth.

‘Thunder and lightning: Biting Through.
The ancient kings brought light to punishments and enforced the laws.’

Sequence
Biting Through follows from Hexagram 20, Seeing:
‘Capable of seeing, hence there is a place for uniting, and so Biting Through follows. Biting Through means uniting.’

Pair
Biting Through forms a pair with Hexagram 22, Beauty:
‘Biting Through means eating; Beauty is without colour.’

Changing Lines
Line 2
‘Biting into meat so your nose disappears – not a mistake.’

Line 4
‘Biting into dried, bony meat, gains a metal arrow.
Constancy in hardship bears fruit – good fortune.’

Hexagram 41, Decreasing

Key Questions
Why do you want to make such an offering?
How much is truly asked of you?
Could this be simpler?

Oracle
‘Decreasing: there is truth and confidence.
From the source, good fortune.
Not a mistake, there can be constancy.
Fruitful to have a direction to go.
How to use this?
Two simple baskets may be used for the offering.’

The early Chinese character for ‘Decreasing’ shows a hand with a vessel: decreasing, you pour out what you have in offering. You focus your faith and hope on something higher than your everyday life, and sacrifice lower things to this. When you do so with an undivided heart, it opens the flow of good fortune, and your life becomes lighter and simpler.

Yi offers reassurance: even when you have little to give, making offerings is not wrong. Trusting your insight and persevering in your chosen direction, you understand why you are doing this, rather than dwelling on what you are giving up. You may still wonder how you can do it, or how much you are expected to give. But the offering need only be modest – not hundreds of animals, but just two baskets. You are not asked to give beyond your means.

‘Below the mountain is the lake: Decreasing.
A noble one curbs anger and restrains desires.’

Sequence
Decreasing follows from Hexagram 40, Release:
‘Letting things take their time naturally means letting go, and so Decreasing follows.’

Pair
Decreasing forms a pair with Hexagram 42, Increasing:
‘Decreasing, Increasing: the beginnings of abundance and decline.’

Text excerpted from Hilary Barrett’s I Ching: walking your path, creating your future, © Hilary Barrett 2010.
I Ching reading from Clarity
Free I Ching reading
Introduction
Cast a reading
More help with your reading
Old-style reading
Hilary Barrett translation Legge translation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can share your reading with the I Ching Community here: explain to people what you were asking about, and post your question was exboyfriend happy to see me today and Yi's answer, 21.2.4 to 41.

foxx777

visitor
Reaction score
You must be diligent about seeking the truth.
You must also be sincere in Decrease, simplicity.

"Constancy in hardship bears fruit": If you are sincere, you need not grieve over your constancy in a difficult situation.

foxx777

visitor
Reaction score
I think you need to get through to the crux of this issue of his having a second girlfriend (H21--Biting Through--legal constraints) and to simply your plans and expectations (H41).

You must apply these thoughts and concepts to the details which you know about this matter with him. What are some of the details and also your feelings, which you can apply to what is being said in Hs 21 and 41?
:bows:

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
Would just like to add, since gotten the same hex the other day and found Hillary`s take on lines very sensible in Memorizing Threads discussion, will try to repeat, more or less...
You need to take decisive action since you have been/are emerged in this relationship very much, perhaps too much to smell the air around it, to be objective...(your nose in the meat :)
And now, straining as chewing dried old meat can be, you have to persevere in it to get to the prize-the truth of the matter or resolution, whichever will make you feel better.
But if take the cast as literal answer...if the answer would be about him, I would say it reminded him of your good old times very much and he would like to be reminded more :)
Good luck, d.

Last edited:

chrissy11

visitor
Reaction score
thank you Dragona i miss him very much i really do, I appreciate your insight

chrissy

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US