...life can be translucent

Menu

I Ching changes its mind, after leading us to follow and invest ourselves?

foxx777

visitor
Reaction score
Hi, all: Am a bit frustrated, and wondering how others have dealt with similar, or if it only happens to yours truly. :(

What is happening to me now with the I Ching has happened before, quite a few times, over the years: I ask about a potential relationship/project/endeavor/individual and receive only positive and encouraging readings.

So I invest myself emotionally, financially, time-wise, professionally, or whatever. Then, and only then, the readings change to things such as 58.5 "You put your faith in an unworthy ally" or "No game in the field: There is nothing here to be found in what you are seeking." This is AFTER I have already made plans, invested psychologically, told others, given of my professional time, etc.:mad::eek:

What is one to do? Take all readings with a grain of salt? Or as only one's own thoughts and wishes, reflected? Or do things take a sudden nosedive, so the I Ching reflects that?

In any case, I would rather get the bad readings initially, so that I would not invest. Or do I ignore those? Any thoughts?

I actually asked the I Ching what IT'S thoughts are on the matter, and received 37.1 > 53. All I can make of that is, there must be rules as to when/how/how often to consult it, and that progress may gradually ascend or decline, as things unfold, and according to one's own actions/input. Nothing is set in stone.

Still, it makes me wonder how there were not indications of failure from the get go. Or do I view positive readings too much at face value?
:confused:

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
This is a complicated question.

Because we rarely get a green light, we may become overly enthusiastic when we do finally get one. This may set us up for failure later.

Yi may be reflecting our inner state back to us more than showing us an external situation. And in our inner motivation, we may hit a brick wall or other obstacle.

The universe is in constant flux. No matter what path we follow, we must stay extremely flexible and try to stay balanced. Whenever we lose the middle way, we easily become lost.

External conditions these days seem to be extremely changeable and unstable, more so than in the past. People are more likely to make decisions in haste that may affect us adversely.

Life does not come with a guarantee. Why should my life be full of nothing but continued good luck? We have to grow out of the idea that we as individuals are so special. The only remedy for this changeableness is, I think, to cultivate a consistently modest attitude and hold ideals to which we adhere as if our lives depended on it.

foxx777

visitor
Reaction score
This is a complicated question.

Because we rarely get a green light, we may become overly enthusiastic when we do finally get one. This may set us up for failure later.

Yi may be reflecting our inner state back to us more than showing us an external situation. And in our inner motivation, we may hit a brick wall or other obstacle.

The universe is in constant flux. No matter what path we follow, we must stay extremely flexible and try to stay balanced. Whenever we lose the middle way, we easily become lost.

External conditions these days seem to be extremely changeable and unstable, more so than in the past. People are more likely to make decisions in haste that may affect us adversely.

Life does not come with a guarantee. Why should my life be full of nothing but continued good luck? We have to grow out of the idea that we as individuals are so special. The only remedy for this changeableness is, I think, to cultivate a consistently modest attitude and hold ideals to which we adhere as if our lives depended on it.
Very well stated and succinctly put.:eek:

I agree with you fully, and that is why it is important - and I have to remind myself of this constantly - to see the Yi Jing as a contemplative tool, and not a fortune teller.

We get a positive reading, and we get enthusiastic, and forget the pitfalls which still await us. Thanks for this important feedback, Ginne.:bows::D

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
Of course this happens because the answer is only for that moment in time. That particular set of circumstances, that particular feeling.

any cast is a reflection of only one of a billion possible futures - perhaps the most likely one given the current psycho-physiological state of the caster. (because now is already in the past) You cannot devolve responsibility for your decisions nor can you expect futures set in stone from Yi or from anything. God* gave you free will - it ain't optional.

*or Nature if you prefer.

foxx777

visitor
Reaction score
Of course this happens because the answer is only for that moment in time. That particular set of circumstances, that particular feeling.

any cast is a reflection of only one of a billion possible futures - perhaps the most likely one given the current psycho-physiological state of the caster. (because now is already in the past) You cannot devolve responsibility for your decisions nor can you expect futures set in stone from Yi or from anything. God* gave you free will - it ain't optional.

*or Nature if you prefer.
You are so right. One cannot use the I Ching as a crutch. In the end, as Satre says, we choose our own actions, and cannot pass them off on a priest's advice, a therapist's advice, or even the I Ching.:bows:

G

goddessliss

Good morning foxx777, As a reader myself I always say to my clients 'nothing I say is set in concrete' it is not your answer it is only a suggestion. However sometimes we are led to do things as it is just part of the process of our learning - if we don't learn the first time we are gonna get another situation that tries to teach us again, but I think you know all this already. You know sometimes when sh... going down in my life I pretend it is an episode out of a soap opera on the TV and you know how we always know what the characters should do.....well same I try to remain objective and work it out that way. I taught my kids to do that at first they thought it was hilarious but now they think it is a great strategy. be joyous my friend - Liss

foxx777

visitor
Reaction score
Good morning foxx777, As a reader myself I always say to my clients 'nothing I say is set in concrete' it is not your answer it is only a suggestion. However sometimes we are led to do things as it is just part of the process of our learning - if we don't learn the first time we are gonna get another situation that tries to teach us again, but I think you know all this already. You know sometimes when sh... going down in my life I pretend it is an episode out of a soap opera on the TV and you know how we always know what the characters should do.....well same I try to remain objective and work it out that way. I taught my kids to do that at first they thought it was hilarious but now they think it is a great strategy. be joyous my friend - Liss
Well said! yes, i do indeed feel like a soap opera character most of the time....:rofl: same to you, and thank you!:bows::D

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).