...life can be translucent

Menu

Career change

cornucopia

visitor
Reaction score
I'm thinking of making a career change and returning to university for a new degree.

I'm undecided as to what to study as I do not want to make a mistake and waste my time.

I asked:

What career path should I follow which will be financially rewarding?

I got Hexagram 50 changing lines 3 and 6 into Hexagram 40

Any insights??:bows:

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
What career path should I follow which will be financially rewarding?
50.3.6 > 40

You can either build on what you already have and (supposing you do not already have it) seek a Ph.d, or start an entirely new course. Would a higher degree in you present field be financially rewarding? If so, it would be prudent to go there, but if you are young and vigorous enough, you can do anything. If you change your handle on life (line 3) you lose your present source of income, but with the fall of rain (graduation) you will be compensated. The bronze ding suggests a technology. The jade rings of line 6 suggests a field related to wealth -- finance, accounting, management, or brokerage. 40 is auspicious for more education.

cornucopia

visitor
Reaction score
Wow thanks for the analysis. I've had an idea going around in my head for awhile to go that direction of Management. I'm not young so continuing with what I have would be the smart thing to do. I'm very creative. I have a certificate in Creative Communications, Media and Design. I love love graphic arts. I've owned a language school all my life I don't want to work for others. I already have a Bachelor of Arts degree in English Literature so Bachelor of Technology hmmmm??? Management is the best direction for me to remain self employed. I've been thinking of Graphic Communications Management and with what you wrote this rang a bell.

Wow and I just looked at the website of the college where I got my recent certificate and the first thing that came up was:

Your new career starts at The Centre for Creative Communications
•Art + Design
•Advertising + Public Relations
•Journalism
•Integrated Media

(and all these programs represent my talents!)

Thanks alot for the reading it helped as it all came together for me. I've been in a dilemma for a year about what direction to take. Eleni

cornucopia

visitor
Reaction score
Wow can't stop thinking about this reading. It was like a career counsellor guiding me in the right direction. I was thinking of going back to university for another 4 years to get a BTech degreet but didn't know if I had the stamina to waste 4 years as a fulltime student again. Yes the best direction to go is to continue at the same college I started and got my certificate in Creative Communications, Media and Design. You cannot imagine how much this I Ching reading helped put me in the right direction! My teachers at the college told me I was extremely gifted visually artistic. I could not get all the pieces to fit right and it just all came together suddenly with this reading! Wow! I love the I Ching. I just wish I had the knowledge to understand it better...

vikismith

visitor
Reaction score
I think you should analyze yourself that in which field you have an interest. You can atke help from a career coach they will definately help you. If you have an idea about dreams then it is easy to choose a right career.
-----------------------
Career coaching in Dublin

long yi

visitor
Reaction score
Six line layout
出生时间:年 性别:女 起卦方式:直接指定
起卦时间:2012年06月03日20时29分
神煞:天乙—子申 福星—丑亥 日禄—卯 羊刃—寅 驿马—巳 桃花—子 华盖—未
干支:壬辰年 乙巳月 乙未日 丙戌时
旬空:午未  寅卯  辰巳  午未

六神  伏神    离宫:火风鼎          震宫:雷水解
         【本 卦】           【变 卦】
玄武       ▅▅▅▅▅ 兄弟己巳火  ○→ ▅▅ ▅▅ 子孙庚戌土  
白虎       ▅▅ ▅▅ 子孙己未土 应   ▅▅ ▅▅ 妻财庚申金 应
滕蛇       ▅▅▅▅▅ 妻财己酉金     ▅▅▅▅▅ 兄弟庚午火  
勾陈       ▅▅▅▅▅ 妻财辛酉金  ○→ ▅▅ ▅▅ 兄弟戊午火  
朱雀       ▅▅▅▅▅ 官鬼辛亥水 世   ▅▅▅▅▅ 子孙戊辰土 世
青龙 父母己卯木 ▅▅ ▅▅ 子孙辛丑土     ▅▅ ▅▅ 父母戊寅木  
The problem is money. Line 1: source of funds confront with your day of reading. This means you do not have the funds for such commitment.
Line 5 also refers to source of funds and capital from the school. You may get some money from them.
Line 2 is the academic program you may want. It is the element of water. 福星—丑亥 means you are good at what you do and you can do well.
Line 3 and 4 are both wealth or money. They both confront with the hidden certificate or degree under line 1. It costs money. If the 3rd line changes into a brother line, meaning a lot of funds will be needed.
Line 6 change line means this may make more money after the education. Line 3 change line means before you achieve anything, money will be gone.
父母戊寅木 (certificate/degree – wood) in line 1 of hexagram 40, but wood element sit under the month of the reading. This means in your personal infrastructure, this move is hard to support and achieve under the current conditions.
Hexagram 40 only means eventually there is a solution, but it does not give you a solution.

KEYNOTES for hexagram 40
I. Calmness is propitious.
2. Conquer yourself before trying to conquer others.
3. Avoid false pretenses.
4. Overcome your pushfulness.
5. Self-confidence is ever desirable.
6. Be helpful to others.

CONDENSATIONS FOR DAILY CYCLES
1. Relax and rest. Remain calm and peaceful today.
2. Eliminate greed, ignorance and fear from considerations, and the results will be favorable.
3 People readily discern false pretenses. Be yourself.
4 Stop driving so hard externally, and refine yourself inwardly. Cooperate with a companion.
5 Have faith, confidence, and respect for yourself and your subordinates, and you can accomplish great things.
6. Continue perfecting yourself; then help others.

Long Yi’s comment:
Be calm, do not fall into false pretenses about what an education will bring.
I would suggest taking courses part-time than to struggle with the financial issues in getting a day school education. Hand-on work experience is equally important.

Line 3 of hexagram 50 means:
這一爻,說明賢能不被重用時,應堅守正道,終有出頭的時日。
You are not used to your full talent at present. With time, you work towards improving yourself, you will get what you hope for.
Line 6 of hexagram 50
這一爻,說明剛柔兼備,無往不利。
You need a good boss to get ahead. For personal development, you have to understand the yin and yang of your business, and also breadth and depth with knowledge extend into more than one technical field.

In this case, yin means soft skills: communication, negotiation skills, composure and managerial skills. Yang means the technical skills for the technical aspect of the work. If you master both, then your dream comes truth. A good boss will send you for supervisory training on these soft skills. This will transform you. In bigger corporation, their management courses are better than those offer in MBA program. If you reach a certain rank, you also get external training from top institutes (not the jo jo courses).

If you are a good technical person, then you need the other skills to advance to management. However, it may not be suitable for you if you are good in managing a group of people. Sometimes, you make more money as a technical expert and also know how to negotiate deals. Sort of they cannot do without you, but they do not want you to be in the big boys/girls club when it come to politics.

cornucopia

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Long yi Part time sounds good and is the way I'll probably go about it. As for finances I don't need to pay.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).