...life can be translucent

Menu

yxeli

visitor
Reaction score
I keep getting this line.

Is it the epitome of 'keeping things real'?

you get the work done, but your not looking for any rewards.

What work?

Ive heard that 15 is more about being your true authentic self then humility.

So, working on my authentic self??

How do I know whats authentic and whats not????

arg.

Yx

mryou1

visitor
Reaction score
15.3 is all about modesty, modesty, modesty. The XOR hexagram is Modesty (basically take the changing line and consider it yang, all nonchanging yin) so its 15 > 15 > 2

Present > Change/Challenge > Future

Continue being modest, carry things through, and dissolve your ego. Whatever happens, happens.

you get the work done, but your not looking for any rewards.

spot on, I think

yxeli

visitor
Reaction score
ok,

im still not sure what the hell this means though. Maybe its so simple i'm just confusing myself.

Lets start with humility;

hu·mil·i·ty   [hyoo-mil-i-tee or, often, yoo-] Show IPA
noun
the quality or condition of being humble; modest opinion or estimate of one's own importance, rank, etc.
Origin:
1275–1325; Middle English humilite < Latin humilitās. See humble, -ty2

Synonyms
lowliness, meekness, submissiveness.

Modesty;

mod·es·ty   [mod-uh-stee] Show IPA
noun, plural mod·es·ties.
the quality of being modest; freedom from vanity, boastfulness, etc.
regard for decency of behavior, speech, dress, etc.
simplicity; moderation.

Authenticity;

au·then·tic·i·ty   [aw-then-tis-i-tee, aw-thuhn-] Show IPA
noun
the quality of being authentic; genuineness.

is the Yi saying i need to stop being big headed? that i'm giving myself heirs and graces? That i need a reality check?!?

This feels like the most mundane line in the whole book.

just keep going. do what is the reality of your work. get out of bed. brush your teeth. dont think of anything else.

(yawn).

I guess i'm just pissed off with this answer today. Ive gotten it loads. I do dream too much, spend too much time in my head and in the future...

BUT YI!! My work is soo boooring!!!! (sniff)

Thanks Mr You.

Yx

foxx777

visitor
Reaction score
ok,

im still not sure what the hell this means though. Maybe its so simple i'm just confusing myself.

Lets start with humility;

Modesty;

Authenticity;

is the Yi saying i need to stop being big headed? that i'm giving myself heirs and graces? That i need a reality check?!?

This feels like the most mundane line in the whole book.

just keep going. do what is the reality of your work. get out of bed. brush your teeth. dont think of anything else.

(yawn).

I guess i'm just pissed off with this answer today. Ive gotten it loads. I do dream too much, spend too much time in my head and in the future...

BUT YI!! My work is soo boooring!!!! (sniff)

Thanks Mr You.

Yx

Ha, I have gotten that line many times, and it has often been met with some resistance on my part.:rofl:

I like Lofting's take on 15.3, what do you think?

"Distinguishing oneself and yet remaining modest attracts the respect and support of others rather than their envy.

This enables one to complete many things."
:bows:

And I know Berkers (working from memory here, but I have gotten this a lot, so it is pretty clear in my memory) take on it is, "better make certain to complete the job; otherwise one might move ahead without having fully gotten things done"

yxeli

visitor
Reaction score
now that makes sense, cos i got some other line telling me not to show off ( one in 42) earlier. Aso ive been getting 50.2 too a bit lately.

Maybe my ego needs a makeover.

thanks!

Yx

foxx777

visitor
Reaction score
now that makes sense, cos i got some other line telling me not to show off ( one in 42) earlier. Aso ive been getting 50.2 too a bit lately.

Maybe my ego needs a makeover.

thanks!

Yx
Well, maybe not so much ego, just being careful not to get ahead of yourself. 50.2 I have always considered auspicious, in that the "enemy" may glare at you, but not harm you.:rolleyes:

iams girl

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Yx,

Modesty can be relative, so the lines you're getting might just be saying to be mindful of your environment. For example, "tame" behavior at a party might seem "way out there" at a religious event.

In the same way, Yi might be affirming your gifted "inner butterfly" while also pointing out that tempering yourself might be part of the package. Like annoyingly cheerful morning people :pompom: needing to give non-morning people some time and space :zzz:.

Of course, that leaves the morning people with having to come up with entertaining or occupying themselves with other things to do, but then again, they have all that energy...:)

Ig

Last edited:

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
Interesting. Given your "My life is Boooring" comment, I'd have expected you to get one of those lines that tell you not to think beyond your situation (can't remember now which line is that), but I guess this line may be telling you that you will carry on with your life as usual, in spite of all the daydreaming. For now, anyway ;)

yxeli

visitor
Reaction score
yer precision grace! can't rem that line either, but yes yi throws that ta me alot too.

I think it's the book telling me to give it a rest sometimes. As in 'stop consulting me for a bit wudya!' in the nicest possible way a 3000 yr old book can, of course. I'm very aware i ask Yi too many questions. I'm hoping that it'll ease off a bit, but recently i've been askin like 15/20 questions per day. (i defo need to keep it under control!)

I reckon this line is stop thinking! stop analysing! look around you! NO!! not at yi! around you! your ACTUAL SPACE. come back down from your thoughts for a minute and just get on with what you have to do. maybe also, the 'not looking for rewards' part in my case might mean 'stop casting and looking for answers!' type ting.

its absolutely counter productive to cast again and again anyway, especially because mos tof my questions have been in one direction, skirting around the same subject. Makes you more confused. But Yi converses with me, or i think yi is anyway. have a tendency to ask more questions as a result of the first casting, becaus ei need to clarify what yi is saying. It is a conversation, and I think yi is very aware that im faaar to involved with it.

Thanks guys!

Yx

deusa

visitor
Reaction score
Thank YOU!
I was wondering if i have been asking too many questions. I ask some 4 or 5 a week maximum. So i guess that isn't too much, considering many are daily readings...

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
If there is a hexagram that's about humility it's 62.
Qian, in the lines of 15, is usually best translated as Modesty, but only because the lines themselves are usually describing what's screwed up about our normal idea of modesty, which is usually a disingenuous sort of self-effacement: "I'm not worthy." When these errors are corrected it's easier to see that the hexagram is about being real, not fake.
There is a line in the Da Xiang that, when translated by people who don't understand the concept, reads "weighs things and makes them equal." This is actually to distort the reality. But this is about taking away from the excessive, not from the great, and adding to the deficient, not to the small, so that things are allocated fairly, not equally.

deusa

visitor
Reaction score
bradford
thank you for this post. it makes 15 very very real ans simple to understand. i just got twice 15 in my readings and like this i understand them much better!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).