There has been no further contact from him - I am
slightly concerned that my message caused trouble
(he is married but I think is a little infatuated with
me - i am not going there but like walking the dogs
and enjoy his company at that time)

so I asked Yi whats happened to S and got 64.6 > 40
I wonder if he drank a little too much over the holiday
weekend - and regrets his contacts.

40 - does that mean I am released from his friendship ?
:bows:

foxx777

visitor
Reaction score
Before going to the reading, maybe the coolness of your reply made him think you want distance, and he is trying to respect your privacy? He is separated from the wife, if I recall correctly?

I cannot access my beloved Berkers right now (over my quota for 24 hours :( ) but let me see about Lofting:

64 "Before Completion" or "Not Yet Across":

In hexagram 64 we realize that seeing the end of something can make one hasten and not watch their step, just as being at the beginning of something can make one look to the end and not watch where they are going. Things need to be done in correct order to succeed.

The image combined with the traditional title suggests that by not getting things in proper order (sequence), the successful completion of tasks is difficult and we thus need to set-out some sort of path/plan.

In a positive, cooperational, vain the hexagram also manifests keeping oneself 'open' as long as possible, avoiding closure recognising the emphasis on dependencies and so a lack of 'completeness' in that completion is an illusion.
64 is the goal of 38 (or 'how do I 64? - 38' How do I remain open, avoid closure? By letting others see themselves in you and so avoiding oppositions to your perspective - appear closed, remain open)

Line 4: "Testing but favourable times. Remorse disappears. An arousing three years to subjugate those on all sides. Celebration moving towards the city."

Perhaps S and you needed this bit of distance, in order to have a more complete friendship? I find all this commentary from Lofting to be very suggestive and highly helpful.

I would take line 4 as auspicious. Lise speaks of the dark and the light needing eachother and needing to unite. Wilhelm of course speaks of invading and disciplining the Demon territory. I would say this is reigning in of subconscious elements and instincts, and getting them to serve reason and logic. As far as S drinking, that could be in there as well.

64 to me is always about a situation in which a step is yet to be taken, but cannot be taken right away. It entails a bit of patience and planning. You are not there yet, but you are progressing toward a goal here. Do not give up.
:bows:

hopex

visitor
Reaction score
thanks Foxx - I believe the changing line was line
6 - I will just re-check

foxx777

visitor
Reaction score
My humblest apologies! :blush: It was indeed changing line 6; here is Lofting on that line, very apt: :duh:

"Balanced, moving towards drinking alcohol. No harm in this. Soaking one's head (one gets drunk). One loses one's balance.[not complete]" [Even celebration has it's difficulties.]

I suppose this could indicate literally S's drinking. It could also be a warning to maintain balance in the relationship; perhaps taking a step back, as you have, before moving forward. Do not know why I had line 4 in my mind, once more - sorry!:blush:

Last edited:

foxx777

visitor
Reaction score
With regard to H 40:, Deliverance or Release:

DELIVERANCE. The southwest furthers.
If there is no longer anything where one has to go,
Return brings good fortune.
If there is still something where one has to go,
Hastening brings good fortune.

If there are any loose ends to tie up, these should be attended to, then one can move on. I recall years ago reading the commentary from Wilhelm, and reading, :

The southwest furthers. The northeast does not further, for there the way comes to an end.

This was very poignant for me, very profound words, as I was in a relationship which needed change, and for the grandiose aspects to give way, and the daily aspects to be attended to. Perhaps similar here? Just an idea, grist for the old mill....:p

hopex

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Foxx - we just went walking - so I
guess that was the 40 release of the weekend
festivity 64.6 - maybe ?( you may have noticed our royal celebration
weekend)

Will look at your kind input more closely (you must be getting
totally intuitive with the Yi - best H

foxx777

visitor
Reaction score