...life can be translucent

Menu

Romance or travel?

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
What do i need to know about my romantic prospects? 31.5.6. > 56

Two lines of attraction - one is a real influence, one is mere talk. Resulting or background hex is traveler - either person from abroad or counsel that none of the current options have long term possibility or perhaps that I will have to travel abroad to meet someone?

How would you interpret this?

foxx777

visitor
Reaction score
What do i need to know about my romantic prospects? 31.5.6. > 56

Two lines of attraction - one is a real influence, one is mere talk. Resulting or background hex is traveler - either person from abroad or counsel that none of the current options have long term possibility or perhaps that I will have to travel abroad to meet someone?

How would you interpret this?
Yes: 31, Influence has the opposing lines 5 and 6: The one deep and authentic, the other superficial and without any power to influence. You know which to choose.;)

I would view H56 as the background or context (altho it may indeed hold a portent of the future): As a Wanderer, one needs to be cautious, but accommodating.
:bows:

iams girl

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Agree with Foxx, would just add with the lower trigrams being Keeping Still/Mountain and line 31.5 “influences through the perfect calm of inner equilibrium” imo it highlights a great natural quality that will lead you in the right direction (W/B Book III) .

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
I'm going to need that great natural quality because right now I have NO idea who is the right one..

iams girl

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
right now I have NO idea who is the right one..

Is there a reason to make a decision soon? Imo, even if challenging, feeling that way seems perfectly reasonable for being in fairly new relationships (is that correct?) that maybe just need a little more time to unfold. Reminds me of a favorite line of mine in the Tao Te Ching - "Who can wait quietly while the mud settles?" (Fifteen) .

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
Hmm perhaps the only reason to know now is so as not to allow my emotions to get carried away in the wrong direction (again). But, as you say, maybe waiting quietly in the mud is the way..Thank you :bows:

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
If you wait IN the mud, you shall sink in or at least get very dirty,as in humiliated. But somehow, I don`t think the quote is about that.
I get the feeling you are talking of 2 prospects that are in the picture of confused with lines?
If latter, you could be advised to be composed enough not to trust pretty words too easily.

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
heh, this equation is far more complicated than simple choice between the two, although, I reflect that my whole life I have found myself in that situation - having to chose between the two, sometimes going for one, sometimes for the other, sometimes for one and then the other, sometimes neither... some time in the future, I'll turn back and it will have been blindingly obvious what was going on.. *sigh*

iams girl

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
maybe waiting quietly in the mud is the way..

:rofl:Having a rather incurably romantic imagination when it comes to trigrams, this is more what I (totally subjectively) had in mind:

With perfect composure (M), Ms. PG observes patiently (F/M) in joyful anticipation (L) as the waters slowly clear before her (L/M) revealing without a doubt the long-awaited image (F) of her one true love...

(M=Mountain, F=Fire, L=Lake)​

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
hmm, romance IS travel, a journey . . by definition almost, romance makes sure we go beyond our comfort zone and into the unknown . . .

If we don't allow it space, -the most intimate one even- it will just fall on the wayside as irrelevant .. yet we do need to open up to it if we want to be carried away -and really, what is romance if it doesn't get you carried away?

another pov on this :rolleyes: :cool:

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
:rofl:Having a rather incurably romantic imagination when it comes to trigrams, this is more what I (totally subjectively) had in mind:

With perfect composure (M), Ms. PG observes patiently (F/M) in joyful anticipation (L) as the waters slowly clear before her (L/M) revealing without a doubt the long-awaited image (F) of her one true love...

(M=Mountain, F=Fire, L=Lake)​

couldn`t said it better myself:rofl:
when in doubt, do nothing but wait what other will do:mischief:

iams girl

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score

Another lovely romantic pov :). But, PG seems a little journey weary don't you think? Maybe looking for a point of reference to help decide which route leads to a cozy resting place? Imo, even if there's no shortcut and "the one" isn't in among the current prospects, the same process of discerning, over time, if an admirer's desirable actions are speaking louder than words is meant to be a helpful guide in all this.

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
hmm, romance IS travel, a journey . . by definition almost, romance makes sure we go beyond our comfort zone and into the unknown . . .

If we don't allow it space, -the most intimate one even- it will just fall on the wayside as irrelevant .. yet we do need to open up to it if we want to be carried away -and really, what is romance if it doesn't get you carried away?

yes, well, as long as I am getting carried away in someone's strong arms, rather than all alone in my head :rofl:

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
Another lovely romantic pov :). But, PG seems a little journey weary don't you think? Maybe looking for a point of reference to help decide which route leads to a cozy resting place? Imo, even if there's no shortcut and "the one" isn't in among the current prospects, the same process of discerning, over time, if an admirer's desirable actions are speaking louder than words is meant to be a helpful guide in all this.

it would be soo nice if there were admirers. um, desirable admirers, that is :D

good point about point of reference. as I was only yesterday telling one undesirable admirer, having not grown up in the UK I am always worried I am missing the subtext. Apparently he thinks I'm not. I can't see how that's possible - I haven't been asked out on a date once in 3 years. Although there is a very distinct possibility that I am actually blocking all such prospects out of fear. Or rather, abject terror, to name it correctly :brickwall:

Waiting to be hit over the head with a mallet and dragged into a cave? :duh:

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
So cheat... look in the mirror and admire your figure, wait for the ingredients to become visible, pretend you are reluctant but smell the cake at least...

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
So cheat... look in the mirror and admire your figure, wait for the ingredients to become visible, pretend you are reluctant but smell the cake at least...

I have looked in the mirror. current state = helpless despair ..:rolleyes:

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
Can I rename this thread into Romance or Cake? or is it too late?

Checking on progress, I asked: what should I know about 'these two' (lines, options, persons) in my life now? and got 11.1.2. > 15

So, would we say the lines pertain to each external person or to me? And am I safe to read it as "All is as it should be for now"?

Thank you muchly

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
I prefer "Cake me":mischief::rofl:
Ah, say we have the ingredients all in the air, making a cake...the dough is rising, coco, cheese, vanilla scents fill the air with the powder puff - it should be fun - creating...:stir:
But have we decided on the recipe yet? ;)
Some ingredients do come naturally together, some not so much...So this would need an somewhat experienced, or at least a talented pastry maker - one who knows basics well enough to keep the experiment under control just enough to make the cake fairy edible for this one try.

How did I do?:p
I notice regretfully that there is not ONE emoticon with cake available on SL :( tststs

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
I prefer "Cake me":mischief::rofl:
Ah, say we have the ingredients all in the air, making a cake...the dough is rising, coco, cheese, vanilla scents fill the air with the powder puff - it should be fun - creating...:stir:
But have we decided on the recipe yet? ;)
Some ingredients do come naturally together, some not so much...So this would need an somewhat experienced, or at least a talented pastry maker - one who knows basics well enough to keep the experiment under control just enough to make the cake fairy edible for this one try.

How did I do?:p
I notice regretfully that there is not ONE emoticon with cake available on SL :( tststs

Aha! that is exactly the crux of the problem my learned friend.

So as not to end up
cake.gif

iams girl

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Checking on progress, I asked: what should I know about 'these two' (lines, options, persons) in my life now? and got 11.1.2. > 15

So, would we say the lines pertain to each external person or to me? And am I safe to read it as "All is as it should be for now"?

Kind of complex... Maybe these quotes from Hilary's book (ISBN 978-1-84837-453-9) would help also :

11.1 This is an unusually powerful juncture: a single choice has more connections and consequences than you imagine. If you focus now on the harmony you want to experience, you can use this moment to start creating it, step by step.

11.2 There is nothing here for you. When you accept this emptiness, you find you are without any baggage or attachments at all, as if you were carrying only a hollow gourd. This will help you to cross the river swiftly and lightly, single-mindedly committed to the transitions of your own journey.

15 Key questions: What is the simple reality? How might you return to a state of balance? What if it didn't all depend on you?

For a little more clarification, what do you think about also asking about person A and person B individually to get a better picture of things?

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
Kind of complex... Maybe these quotes from Hilary's book (ISBN 978-1-84837-453-9) would help also :

11.1 This is an unusually powerful juncture: a single choice has more connections and consequences than you imagine. If you focus now on the harmony you want to experience, you can use this moment to start creating it, step by step.

11.2 There is nothing here for you. When you accept this emptiness, you find you are without any baggage or attachments at all, as if you were carrying only a hollow gourd. This will help you to cross the river swiftly and lightly, single-mindedly committed to the transitions of your own journey.

15 Key questions: What is the simple reality? How might you return to a state of balance? What if it didn't all depend on you?

For a little more clarification, what do you think about also asking about person A and person B individually to get a better picture of things?

I think it's a little bit more complex than that.. There is also the issue of internal processes, and I think 11.1.2 was hinting at that.

As per your instruction I had asked
- What is the role of person A in my life: 33.2.4 > 57
- What is the role of person B in my life: 16.5 > 45

As that got me nowhere, I asked

- What is 11.1 about: 13 unchanging
- What is 11.2 about: 29 unchanging

So here we see a lovely example of Yi bending over backwards to be helpful. 11 was therefore about my own process of learning how to identify my own emotions as separate from those of others and regain my own balance. (if you are familiar with Human Design http://www.humandesignnw.com/centers.htm I have an undefined emotional center which makes me a sponge for emotions of everyone around me)

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
.. just to note, I have also asked "What am I not considering regarding person A and person B?" bc I keep feeling I am missing something, and got 28.2 > 31.

Considering that I am the eldest in this equation, is Yi trying to tell me I am the old (wo)man who could be getting it on with a toy boy in 28.2 or would you read this as something else? :D

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
In order to grasp this all a bit better, I re-read this thread....hmm...tho it was an general type of a question, as I understood it, the idea of 2 men is popping up. Are there such men in the picture then?
Proposing this duality prevents you from seeing the wider picture maybe...but I don`t know what is going on in your head really....so in that regard, 28.2 gives me the idea that you should be opened to different influences, not dismissing things automatically perhaps...
From the point of view of politics, the meaning is that in exceptional times one does well to join with the lowly, for this affords a possibility of renewal.W.
LiSe says to go with the times...open up to things...
Btw, just today I got 11.1 for something that seems quite out of reach now...sometimes you just got to try...
Quite a few great takes on hex.11 if you search..

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
In order to grasp this all a bit better, I re-read this thread....hmm...tho it was an general type of a question, as I understood it, the idea of 2 men is popping up. Are there such men in the picture then?
Yes

Proposing this duality prevents you from seeing the wider picture maybe...but I don`t know what is going on in your head really....so in that regard, 28.2 gives me the idea that you should be opened to different influences, not dismissing things automatically perhaps...
From the point of view of politics, the meaning is that in exceptional times one does well to join with the lowly, for this affords a possibility of renewal.W.
LiSe says to go with the times...open up to things...
Btw, just today I got 11.1 for something that seems quite out of reach now...sometimes you just got to try...
Quite a few great takes on hex.11 if you search..

Did I mention they are both (much) younger than me? One of them in particular out of reach (although not illegal I hasten to add lol) SO tempting to interpret the readings nudging me to believe the impossible. But then that
cake.gif
comes to mind and I feel stupid for even contemplating it. (cannot quite bring myself to release my inner cougar :rofl:)

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
Hmph:rolleyes:...but you know better how to ask a question...be specific, don`t beat around the bush, you old sprout, you:rofl:

Last edited:

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
Hmph:rolleyes:...but you know better how to ask a question...be specific, don`t beat around the bush, you old sprout, you:rofl:

hmm not sure I do. ALl the answers to questions I asked to try to clarify were pretty much horrible. I think i need to step right back before the pleasant fantasy turns into a massive embarrassment. (if it hadn't already) :duh::brickwall::bag:

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
Well, if something is happening, wouldn`t you get clearer answers if ask specifically?
When I meet somebody, I often ask : What X. wants from me?
Sleeping on this is always a good idea, IMO :zzz:...or baking a cake :stir: :p

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).