...life can be translucent

Menu

Yi and Self Development

yxeli

visitor
Reaction score
ok.

So as they say, the yi really is a self cultivation tool, and as a result I'd really appreciate interps on the kinda advice yi is giving me regarding this particular conversation I had with it this afternoon on the tram back into town. I asked a very open one, I was just up for a little yi time on the tram. I usually like to pull out the coins when i travel.

First question opened it all up for me. No real intention as such apart from some advice. I asked 'what should I focus on when i get home.' I think yi's stock response when your asking generalities is of course self cultivation. pretty much sums up the line i got. 20.5>23.

I had karcher, blofield and wilhelm with me. (I didn't get as many strange looks from commuters as i usually do, which was nice!) basically i interpreted this as 'take stock of all your relationships. see what your position is, whether helpfull or not'. Specifically wilhelms line of 'what influence do i exert on the people' got me. I'm feeling quite transitional at the minute, have always been pretty much a loner ( i have friends, but at the minute everything feels quite stagnant, and I have a tendency to feel like i'm being used alot of the time. (I read somewhere that personal relationships can be seen as a business model, as in, 'what can i offer you', or 'what can I get from you'. I don't know where I got that from, but I often feel like it applies to my personal relationships)

So having asked that, I asked yi directly what influence i exert on the people. This one really got me. 23.6>2.

Thats pretty ****, right? Does it mean I seperate people? Cause them to feel inferior or superior? I recently drew this line when asking about a meeting with my landlords. I got the interpretation right then, Next day the meeting ws about being given notice on the tennancy (house is stripped apart). The 'ripe fruit' uneaten in that case was that from that day on (until aug 31st) I dont have to pay full rent. (whoopee)

If i think of the ripe fruit uneaten, do i offer people some kinda hope or something too?

one translation says of 23.6, 'old ways need relinquishing', which made me ask this 'what old ways need to be relinquished? '( I think you can get a fair picture of how i move from one question to the next. This is pretty typical of me on how i go about conversing with yi (maybe to my detriment??))

anyway, I got 52 3.4.5.>12

which i found another bit of a mystery.

bear in mind, i asked what needs relinquishing, not what needs cultivating.

stop the stagnating?

i always have a hard time really getting to the heart of 52, I know each line is dealing with meditation and stilling parts of the ego etc., but because of the language being so physical, sacrum, back, etc., i don't know how to practically apply the advice. I understand 52.5 well, think before you speak. but the other 2 i always feel very confused over.

sorry for the long post. But i'm kinda hoping some more experienced practicioner can see some kinda overall thread with what yi is saying to me.

Thanks all,

Yx

iams girl

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Yx,
Seems like your post got lost in the transition, but admired your introspection... here are a few thoughts imho:

what influence i exert on the people. 23.6>2.

I'd interpret it more as your finding the good in others (23.6) and having a nurturing influence on them (2) :hug:.

'what old ways need to be relinquished? '52 3.4.5.>12

52.3 The restless heart is to be subdued." However, "calmness must develop naturally out of a state of inner composure."

52.4 "Though able to keep the ego, with its thoughts and impulses, in a state of rest, is not yet quite liberated from its dominance." However, "This frame of mind is not a mistake."

52.5 "free with talk" However, "If a [wo]man is reserved in speech, [her] words take ever more definite from, and every occasion for regret vanishes."

12 "Confusion and disorder" However, "The superior [wo]man falls back on [her] inner worth in order to escape the difficulties.

Think this could be for just about anyone! To me it says, just keep doing what you're doing and things will keep improving.

(W/B, Book I)

Last edited:

yxeli

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Iams, great to see an alternative to the lines in 52.

I can see now maybe the different levels of mediataion it brings.

will try to apply this advice!

Yx

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).