...life can be translucent

Menu

Depression and Medication

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
22.1 (first line is walking the earth) changes to 52, finding your own individuality, your own road or root. Defend who you are, and find your own inner rest.

22.3 (line of emotions) to 27, nourish them, and take care to use them in the right way. Balanced and versatile, true to both you and the moment.

23, get rid of everything which clings to you, but is not essentially you. That can be things you are attached to, but also fears, preconceptions, things you would not describe as wanting to keep. But still it is difficult to discard them.
In 23 only the spirit is yang, every other aspect of life is receiving, adapting, open for creativity. Use your spirit to free yourself.

(When you use Valerian, then substitute part of it with Melissa, pure it can bring bad dreams. And be careful with Chamomille, it is stronger than it seems. Does something with your veins)

LiSe

Sparhawk

One of those men your mother warned you about...
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
<A HREF="http://www.prozacspotlight.org"> http://www.prozacspotlight.org/ <BLOCKQUOTE><HR SIZE=0><!-Quote-!><FONT SIZE=1>Quote:</FONT>

All human beings are created different and every human being has the right to be mentally free and independent<!-/Quote-!><HR SIZE=0></BLOCKQUOTE></A>

Interesting site, and on topic, that I found in a mailing from Utne Magazine.

Luis

scorpyon46

visitor
Reaction score
ANON, I have struggled with depression and thoughts of suicide at various times in my life, so I identify with the pain so evident in your posts.

I experienced a particularly dark time last winter, lasting into late spring. Though my thoughts were dark and my emotions on overflow, on a certain level I knew in my heart I wasn't depressed in the sense I was familiar with. That understanding allowed me to gain a certain distance from my situation and helped me become more an observer than a participant.

I mention this only because I think consulting the I Ching may allow you to gain that same perspective on your situation. To me, the fact that you continue to consult the oracle is a hopeful sign you will weather this storm.

In addition, homeopathy, bodywork, patient friends, and perseverance supported my passage through what seemed a very long, very dark tunnel.

Barbara

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Dij recommended Valerian, and it is a very valuable herb. But for some people it gives bad dreams, nightmares or such, except when one takes some Melissa Officinalis (balm) with it.

So just in case you decide to take the Valerian, then take the Melissa too.

Interesting is, that 22 has (IMO) a lot to do with herbs or acupuncture.

LiSe

J

jeanystar

Hello all, and anon..I am new at this posting messages, recently joined the site..but I have a suggestion for Anon and her depression. I came across a set of CDs made by Karla McLaren entitled "Energetic Boundaries"..they were a bit pricey but I ordered them and I was so glad. Listening to them- as well as putting into practice some of the techniques she offers - has helped me so tremendously. The techniques are simple, but for me, as a sensitive person and counselor, they provided a kind of missing link, practical help of a kind that had eluded me throughout many years of self-help, therapy, spiritual practice and on ad infinitum. I have spent a lot of time in my life attempting to protect myself from my own sensitivity. McLaren's techniques for self-protection, establishing boundaries, releasing emotions, and just being in this often intrusive, energy-draining cultural environment, make sense and they work! We are sensitive creatures, us human beings! Many of us suffer from traumas that have affected us, and all of us need to be grounded firmly to our Mother Earth who is more than willing to take our confusion, depression, wayward energies, etc. and nurture us into the wholeness which is our birthright. Her teachings are worth listening to...and as she emphasizes, you are equipped already with everything you need. Sometimes a simple shift in awareness is all it takes to open the door to what is needed. Sincerely, Barbara

C

candid

Anon, congratulations on your progress. Your present approach sounds courageous. As for the friends, consider that it?s a great time to learn who your real friends are and who they aren?t. (an extremely sad awakening) Also consider that you may have real friends, or a friend, from your past who would stand by you if you reach out to them. It may be that they have held you in high esteem at one time, and that you are embarrassed now to reveal your less esteemed status. But a real friend isn?t so because of your worldly status, but because of your inner worth. It is also at such times that new friends may appear in your life. I think on this new road you are choosing, you will find them.

J

jeanystar

H Anon....so glad you are feeling better and that McLaren's work is helpful...by the way, i too was surprised that she (McLAren) was unavailable for a while...but I don"t think she is doubting the validity of her work as much as she is trying to give it a scientific/traditional point of reference...and I admire her for that. She is a dedicated professional...and even just a little experimentation with her energetic boundaries techniques clearly demonstrates their effectiveness... Best of everything to you.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).