...life can be translucent

Menu

debt

meganj

visitor
Reaction score
what should.i do.about my debt? 53.1.3>42
i have two options..
first one is put a hold on school for another year while I work..
or just go to school then work. 2 yrs is a long time and i need to build up my credit if i ever want to buy a house.. but how can i if i cant apply for a credit card and work on credit.

Reaction score
I would read this as a warning to slow down. Your financial health is still very young (line 1). Slow down, take care of the little things, because if you move to fast you'll face a real mess later (line 3). Your relating hex is 42, which tells me you have plenty coming your way. When it does, don't get carried away:). Either that or it's saying get married and divorced quickly to someone with a lot of money;).

Last edited:
Reaction score
And hello Megan J:)... How rude of me. Just jumping into your reading without so much as a hello:eek:... Apologies. Blame caffeine. I woke up hungry and went for the first thing I saw. I big bar of dark chocolate:D, and have been so focused on analyzing readings without even so much as a thought for hello etc. It's waring off so back to bed for me:).

meganj

visitor
Reaction score
taking care of the little things, maybe like setting up a small payment system so I can slowly pay off my debt? :)

Thanks Ferret, Hello :)
I'm glad to see your smiles in your msgs, have a great day!!

mryou1

visitor
Reaction score
I think dancing white ferret's right.

what should.i do.about my debt? 53.1.3>42

53 > 36 > 42

Development > Darkening of the Light > Increase

This is a situation in which you must make small, steady gains > and stay strong in the face of difficulty and setbacks > to eventually come to a steady increase [in money, in this case]

It's a hard time that will pay off in the end. Out of the options you listed, I think the I Ching's suggesting the first: "put a hold on school for another year while I work.."

best of luck

meganj

visitor
Reaction score
Well thanks mryou

But everyones telling me I should go to school..
I think it would be hard to get into that again or put it off.
Perhaps I can work while I go to school and set up a small payment plan.
Again thnks :)

long yi

visitor
Reaction score
Stay in university if you are a full time student.
Enrol in a co-op program to earn your way using the work term income.

If you are not a student and a full time permanent worker, then think carefully before you quit your job. We are approaching a recession and market adjustment.

Line 3 means do not rock the boat. Else, you suffer losses from robbers.

We do not know your situation. The wealth is hollow and hidden under the fifth line. If you owe funds, no one call the loan. If you do not owe funds, there is no issue. The line 6 shows the career is also quite hollow at present, but your academic or work career will change by Feb 2013.

Reaction score
I think Mryou1 has a good point. Weigh your options carefully. Keep in mind school is expensive, and people tend to accumulate more debt when they are in school. To be honest though, my initial response to your reading was go to school and pay off your debt a little at a time. But then I saw line 3, and I think that may be warning you that if you start this new academic life under these circumstances, it might not go well. Seems to paint a picture of abandonment or someone just having to pick up and leave. Line 53.3... It's definitely the line of difficulty. Perhaps another reading asking what you should do about school would clear things up. After all this answer is centered around your finances, not school. I don't know what is the right choice for you, but I know the combined pressure of school, work, and debt. Don't let what others say influence your decision too much. You are the one who will have to work and go to school with debt hanging over your head. I have friends that have taken out low interest loans to pay off their debts. I don't know if this applies to you, but it's just a thought. Best wishes:)

meganj

visitor
Reaction score
thumbs up to the co-op program suggestion, I am on that right now actually!!!
Thank youuuu!!! :)
Now I know I can maybe go through a summer program at least before school if I don't get the job I need out here.

So today I found out a bit about the debt I owe, it's about 800 dollars, and that's only one old bill, there are 3 others I still need to inquire about.. but I figure this next week I will know a bit more about what I can do. I go for a job interview tomorrow and am planning on sending out my resume to a local camp here to work weekends or do odd-jobs for people after work (if I get hired), if I don't get this job I will be forced to go back to the city and look for one, I'm crossing my fingers on this one out here (and not in the city).

I am not a full time student yet, although I have already sent my application out for school for the fall for full time, last year I left my full-time awesome job to go back to school.
And I can easily go back to work for them in the fall too, but the winters out here are.. dank lol, I hate it, I can't staaaand winters here.

Gets too cold, makes you not want to go anywhere and sometimes that's not even a choice because the roads get super dangerous.
Anyways, what boat i'd be rocking I don't know lol??

Nothing is happening right now of course it's hollow, i'm not even in school yet.

I have applied for a bursary, and just yesterday a student loan... so I guess I will have to wait and see what happens, I hope to hear from the bursary people tomorrow!

meganj

visitor
Reaction score
Well i got my summer job i was hoping for.. this helps so much! :)

long yi

visitor
Reaction score
If you household income is below 160K, some universities give 30% discount on the tuition.
Admission scholarship is 50% of first year's tuition if your score is 90%+
University housing discount also applies for some universities if your score is 90%+
Certain universities give 25% of 2nd, 3rd, 4th scholarship tuition if your score remains 90%+
In a good program, 3rd year internship pays for almost 80% of last year's tuition and expenses.
All of those apply if you are between 10-25% of the class in scores and have good sponsors.
Government also pays companies to hire summer students.
Co-op wages are on the internet for most Canadian universities.

Student loan is a guarantee in 3rd year. Before that, it depends on your financial shape. Networking is important to know where the money is. For graduate degrees, the funds for some degree is covered entirely by scholarship and work-study programs. It pays better than a real job if you are good.

P

peterg

Debt

Check out Takashima Ekidan.Its available online as a free download.He has some excellent advice about debt crisis.It's an example under hexagram 60.

If you've got credit card debt get the scissors out and pay cash.When you pay cash you feel the pain but not when you spend on credit card.Not until later.

Jonah Lehrer in The Decisive Moment has an excellent chapter on creit card debt.

meganj

visitor
Reaction score
Oh nooo this is old accumulation from when I was a teen.
I have never had a credit card ever, just old phone bill and medical bills.

I got on with a good summer job though so i'm sure this will help alot!
Thanks for the helpful advice, now I know some of the options available for school n stuff.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).