...life can be translucent

Menu

Please help not sure if I should persue ex

chrissy11

visitor
Reaction score
My exboyfriend broke off with me last year he has commitment issues, but I called him after 7 months and we keep bump in into eachother and we speak sometimes on the phone and he asked me to go for a ride with him when we saw eachother but I seem to be the one always calling but not showing that I want to go back with him never got the opportunity to talk more openly about getting back together I do but not sure he does. so I asked the iching if I had a chance with him again and if he will rethink getting backtogther. Not sure if he doesn't know what to say either.

do you believe that exboyfriend and I can have a happy future together?
Your reading resulted in the following hexagrams:

changing to
31 2

Hexagram 31, Influence

Key Questions
What influence is active – and what does it draw you towards?
What is its place in your life?

Oracle
‘Influence, creating success.
Constancy bears fruit.
Taking a woman, good fortune.’

Influence is what moves people, and how people are open and available to be moved – by emotion or inspiration, physical responses or visiting spirits. All these things touch, stir and attract us, drawing us into relationship. The Chinese character for ‘influence’ shows a mouth and a weapon: the influence goes deep, and makes us vulnerable.

It is good to respond to the power of influence with constancy, steadying the motion it inspires and creating a place in your life to contain it. The man who ‘takes a woman’ in marriage brings her into his home and makes room for her there. Good fortune comes from this more feminine way of relating: being open and allowing space for new influences.

‘Above the mountain is a lake: Influence.
A noble one accepts people with emptiness.’

Sequence
The Yijing is divided into two canons: the Upper Canon ends with Hexagram 30, Clarity, and the Lower Canon begins here. Influence follows from all the hexagrams that precede it:

‘There is heaven and earth, and so there are the ten thousand things.
There are the ten thousand things, and so there is man and woman.
There is man and woman, and so there is husband and wife.
There is husband and wife, and so there is father and son.
There is father and son, and so there is ruler and minister.
There is ruler and minister, and so there is higher and lower.
There is higher and lower, and so there is a place for rites and justice to operate.’

Pair
Influence forms a pair with Hexagram 32, Lasting:
‘Influence calls, Lasting endures.’

Changing Lines
Line 3
‘Influence in your thighs,
Holding on to your following
Going on, shame.’

Line 4
‘Constancy brings good fortune, regrets vanish.
Wavering, wavering, going and coming,
Friends follow your thoughts.’

Line 5
‘Influence in the neck and shoulders. No regrets.’

Hexagram 2, Earth

Key Questions
How are you being guided?
How can you lend your strength?

Oracle
‘Earth.
From the source, creating success.
The constancy of a mare bears fruit.
A noble one has a direction to go.
At first, confusion. Later, gains a master.
Fruitful in the southwest, gaining partners.
In the northeast, losing partners.
Peaceful constancy brings good fortune.’

Earth is first described in the same words as the Creative Force of Hexagram 1 because they are partners in the flow of creation. Creation unfolds from the original vital energy, creating success with an ongoing exchange between spirit and daily work, flowing through to fruition – in Earth, through the constancy of a mare.

The mare is strong, tireless and incomparably fast, and she is acutely sensitive to the subtlest cues. When you have a mare’s constancy, you will be steadily loyal to the truth, and always alert and responsive to guidance.

The noble one has a direction to go: she is purposeful, she has a destination in mind, but this doesn’t mean she has her route to it already mapped out. And so at first there is confusion: you set out like a pioneer, open to all the possibilities, and find them as many as scattered rice-grains. But later, since you have set yourself in motion, you can receive guidance – you ‘gain a master’.

A master is someone who lights the way. You gain someone or something to be loyal to, where you can find fulfilment in service. Once you have this guiding principle (which may or may not be a person), you begin to follow signs as fluently as the mare.

The Zhou people sought out allies in the southwest before venturing into the northeast to face the Shang. There is a balance to be found between joining with like-minded people and following your own calling alone – but gaining allies comes first. Perhaps your individual sense of purpose emerges more strongly when you’ve learned to work responsively with others, like the mare running with the herd.

And when you can spread your senses out to roam southwest and northeast without limit, you will be peacefully at home in the whole earth.

‘Power of the land: Earth.
A noble one, with generous character, carries all the beings.’

Text excerpted from Hilary Barrett’s I Ching: walking your path, creating your future, © Hilary Barrett 2010.
I Ching reading from Clarity
Free I Ching reading
Introduction
Cast a reading
More help with your reading
Old-style reading
Hilary Barrett translation Legge translation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can share your reading with the I Ching Community here: explain to people what you were asking about, and post your question do you believe that exboyfriend and I can have a happy future together? and Yi's answer, 31.3.4.5 to 2.

Last edited:

juaneros

visitor
Reaction score
Hi,

Well, am responding to your I Ching question... I'll give it a try. So you got, 33.3.4.5 > 2.

First of all, you asked a closed ended question... yes or no-- I personally think it is better to ask open ended questions (starting with why, how, what...). It gave you a response though, but it may not be what you were looking for. So, usually when I get 3 changing lines, I look at the middle one that is changing, others might look at all of them, but works for me just to look at one, so we can take a look at changing line 4:

‘Constancy brings good fortune, regrets vanish.
Wavering, wavering, going and coming,
Friends follow your thoughts.’

So, I think the answer is pretty relative to what you make of a relationship... if you are consistent with it, then there is a sense of good fortune that you can bring to the relationship, which makes you feel good and have a happy outcome. But if you are over thinking it and not sure to go for it, and keep changing your mind, then only someone who can really handle that (like a friend) will be able to keep up with you. I think the key here is making a decision and sticking with it... either way, staying with him or not will bring good fortune to yourself, and will make you stop worrying about it in the end. Hexagram 2 might be telling you to adapt with the decision you make, let it be, it will only make you stronger.

Anyhow, good luck! Hopefully it made sense in a way :D

Last edited:

chrissy11

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Juaneros
I got 31 hex not 33, but thank you for your input maybe I should ask the question in a different way, but I'm not sure because he's not making it clear to me if he wants to get back together so thats why you see me not knowing what I want. your help was appreciated.
chrissy

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).