...life can be translucent

Menu

Dating

yellowcat

visitor
Reaction score
Hello,

I have just met a man online and swapped a few messages.
Yesterday we talked on the phone. We seemed to get on well and there was an easy rapport
and shared interests. He said has been on the site for several years and has met with 25 women
but few shared his interests and he likes it that we both write and sing.

We arranged to meet tomorrow, but today he sent me a text saying that he has the chance to
work until Weds and so could we change our meeting to next Saturday or any other time that suits
me. I felt a bit shocked by this. I wondered whether he has cold feet about meeting.
All sorts of reactions stirred up inside me, yet it might be totally innocent.
I haven't replied because I am not sure what to say and I don't want to get hurt more by what I say.

I asked the I Ching 'What is the best way to see this and respond to it?'

I received hexagram 46.3.5 (Pushing upward) changing to 29
Does this mean to trust and to respond by agreeing to meet next week?
I would appreciate anyone's help with understanding this please xx

canislulu

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
To me it seems that your idea to trust and agree to see him next week seems right. After all, he did give you a couple of options, "Saturday" or "any time that works best for you". To me that in itself sounds like he wants to see you and wants it to work for you; it is just that he wants the work that became available for him.

How is that reflected in the answer that Yi gave you? Using Hilary's translation:

46 "Pushing upward, creating success from the source, Make use of seeing great people.
DO NOT WORRY. SET FORTH TO THE SOUTH, GOOD FORTUNE"

(I put what I wanted to emphasize in capitals.) Don't worry. That is good advise in this situation. And to me, 46 is about Ascending, i.e., taking steps towards a goal. It requires effort.

More details with the changing lines:
46.3 "Pushing upward in the empty city" -- Because of his opportunity to work your original plans to meet have an "empty city". So you "push upward" and take the next step, i.e., finding another time to meet.

46.5 "Constancy, good fortune. Pushing upward step by step." -- Keep with it --- plan the next step. Hillary's commentary says, "There is no need to be discouraged by setbacks: when you keep going steadily, you will always be capable of that next step."

And then the relating figure Hexagram 29:
"There is truth and confidence. Holding your heart fast creates success. Movement brings honor."

So, you trust and have "confidence". You keep "holding" on to the hope you have for the potential of this relationship that is in the beginning stages. And you allow "movement" with the way things are flowing.

It sound like accepting that he has to and then discerning what is the next possible best time for you to meet him and communicating that to him is a good idea. You might even want to give him a couple of options that are good for you so he can fit it in with what is best for him in case one time you suggest isn't. Or just keep it simple and offer him one choice that is best for you.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).