...life can be translucent

Menu

2.2.6, 2, 2, only 2. Perplexed.

angulimala

visitor
Reaction score
Hello all, and thanks for taking the time, whoever takes even a second out of their life to look at this. :)

I'm rarely one to ask for help, but this currently has me a bit dumbfounded.

I've recently come out of a longer relationship. It seemed to follow the 9-year cycle, so broke up just about as we hit the 9 year mark due to circumstances I can only call unskillful, crappy and baffling (visa issues, commitment issues, trust). At the same time, it feels as if an era has come to an end.

My response to this was decidedly 1 in nature; for the past month I've done things I've never done before, traveled, adventured, been extremely lucky, decided to take up studying again, tried looking for a more stimulating job, getting myself into intense therapy, training hard and a lot of other things.

After my final flight brought me back home (I hit the air almost as soon as the relationship was officially over by him moving overseas), I had trouble landing mentally and so it didn't hit me until the wee hours this morning that I was just pushing and pushing and pushing and it was making me feel, well, pushed and well out of my element. A lot of things have also come crumbling down around me since I got home. I got into a disagreement with my training partner and ended up being dumped from our race. Communications with the ex have been rife with weirdness from my side (feeling cornered, acting out, blabbing and unloading instead of communicating), and my finances are in a bit of shambles.

I decided to look for an answer on how to be more "ying" in my approach; to stop being so sharp and edgy and just learn to love what I have. I get 2.2.6->4. It seems to describe a situation where I just have to ride things out, and the changing .6 seems to point to my very conflicted way of relating to myself, where I'm literally in two minds about what to do at any given time. Maybe it's just telling me that I don't know jack, and should be more like Jill.

Asking the IC+, just bumbling about the passive oracle, I get 2 and 2 and 2. No changing lines. Huh. 2 keeps cropping up, sometimes with Inner Truth (61?) and Stripping Away (23?) added.

I'm currently wondering in which direction I should head. This one is obviously not working for me, but I'm currently trying to control what cannot be controlled and I think the Yi is resonating with my thoughts that maybe I should just drop everything and learn to go with the flow. And stop the illusion of control by hassling the I Ching.

Another aspect worth mentioning is that in my relationship with my ex, I was very much following him and looking up to him, and it currently seems as if I'm trying to emulate his "1-ness" (ironically, he thinks that I'm currently truly living and so is trying to emulate me).

Sorry about the wall of text. I think by talking or typing out loud. And thank you again.

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
I decided to look for an answer on how to be more "ying" in my approach; to stop being so sharp and edgy and just learn to love what I have. I get 2.2.6->4. It seems to describe a situation where I just have to ride things out, and the changing .6 seems to point to my very conflicted way of relating to myself, where I'm literally in two minds about what to do at any given time. Maybe it's just telling me that I don't know jack, and should be more like Jill.

You write well. :bows:

Funny, you look for how to be more Yin and receive 2. Doesn't get more Yin that 2, and line 2 is the ideal image of things appearing to finish perfectly on their own. It also describes the principle by which ideas are made manifest in 3-D, and appear as solid matter, again almost as though it happened only by letting it happen, not making it happen.

2.6, to me, is a big freak out shakedown, often relating to ones own image, what others think of you, were you right or were you wrong in the past, uncertain of your own position, and not trusting enough to let go and just be led, or only make decisions as they are needed, rather than attempting to surmise and project what to do when or if such-and-such happens. Very tense and confused, and hugely uncomfortable headspace. Did I forget to mention it's also completely unnecessary?

If you can't do 2.2, then just do 2. That'll get ya there.

angulimala

visitor
Reaction score
You write well. :bows:

Thank you. I'm glad that I'm at least concise enough to make sense right now. :blush:

Funny, you look for how to be more Yin and receive 2. Doesn't get more Yin that 2, and line 2 is the ideal image of things appearing to finish perfectly on their own. It also describes the principle by which ideas are made manifest in 3-D, and appear as solid matter, again almost as though it happened only by letting it happen, not making it happen.

I actually did one final reading, on what to expect for myself if I did "2". 59.2.5.6->2. I get the point.

I like LiSe's interpretations of 59.2 here: "When everything is in chaos, then you can only rely on your survival instincts, your 'luck', your own wits, 'something' inside yourself which makes you find a way out." I guess it's time for me to integrate that you can be 2 and do 59.2 at the same time.

I also like Hilary's interpretation of 2: In the context, I don’t think this means finding security within walls, but rather making the limitless earth feel like home. If the outside world scares you witless, retreat, or expand your "outside".

2.6, to me, is a big freak out shakedown, often relating to ones own image, what others think of you, were you right or were you wrong in the past, uncertain of your own position, and not trusting enough to let go and just be led, or only make decisions as they are needed, rather than attempting to surmise and project what to do when or if such-and-such happens. Very tense and confused, and hugely uncomfortable headspace. Did I forget to mention it's also completely unnecessary?

This describes exactly what I couldn't put into words myself, thank you. I imagined I had enough hours of butt-on-zafu to be able to easily disperse of ego shakedowns like these but I think I just got knocked down to size. Have you had any luck in just dropping this headspace, or is there something in there worth rummaging through?

(This is also a headspace where it's easy to set any ball in motion just to watch it careen of in a completely different direction to what you'd have imagined... and on top of it, watching yourself desperately chasing it down.)

If you can't do 2.2, then just do 2. That'll get ya there.

My 2 is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my 2 clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will... :rofl:

Thank you again for taking your time, and apologies again for rambling.

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
Have you had any luck in just dropping this headspace, or is there something in there worth rummaging through?

Candidly, not really. But I can recognize it easier and quicker now, so I can ride out a minor internal storm until the morning, when I'm down from my high horse.

(This is also a headspace where it's easy to set any ball in motion just to watch it careen of in a completely different direction to what you'd have imagined... and on top of it, watching yourself desperately chasing it down.)
I've found likewise, until the bouncing ball becomes me.

Thank you again for taking your time, and apologies again for rambling.
You're welcome and your participation is appreciated.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
The way to be more yin is to let others take the lead. I think it means to be attentive to those things around us that call out to be done. You've been through and are still going through a major trauma, so please be kind to yourself and I'm wondering, too, how you can take the pressure off. It's good you have a meditation practice. Maybe getting more out into nature and letting the mind relax?
:)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).