...life can be translucent

Menu

42 4,6>17

yxeli

visitor
Reaction score
Hallo All,

So I've read through a number of threads which have covered this combination very well, only thing is, none of them are specifically related to romantic relationships, and as every reading is different, I still can't pin this down in regard to my query.

I posted another thread regarding the same guy a few weeks ago http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?t=15298

and gene seemed to nail it on the head.

I post it here as 17 was also involved, and i'm wondering if somehow both of these readings are related.

My question was 'what should my position be towards x?'

Is this saying that i should keep in the middle, dont do anything untoward, and remove myself from his company(removal of the capital)? (line 4) I have no idea who the 'prince' is here.

Line 6 i think backs up genes reading as far as he is not keeping his heart constantly steady.

Any help with this very much appreciated.

Bests,

Yx

dooberry

visitor
Reaction score
Hexagram 42 kind of talks about practicing what you preach. You asked what you should do about this certain person in your life. Upon reading your previous entry regarding this subject you mentioned that there was a strong possibility that the other person may not have been completely honest with you.

Only time will tell, but if one of girlfriends came to you with this situation, what you you advise them to do? Sometimes taking our own advice is the hardest.

Line 4 talks about having the strength to do something and stand by your convictions for doing so. When we are convinced that something is right and stick to our guns, it inspires the trust of others in us. Is there something that you may have been waffling on in this situation that might cause him to not be fully committing to you?

Line 6, I think refers back to line 4 with this bit of advice: be trustworthy, let others know who and how you are.... Once you've gained the confidence to do what it is you need to do, put it out there! All of it. He'll either take it or leave it.

Hexagram 17 talks about following without resistance. Right now, there is tension in your relationship with this person. You (or maybe he) are resisting something. By taking the advice from he changing lines and applying it to your situation, you can break down the barriers and create movement again.

Hope that helps ;)

gene

visitor
Reaction score
yxeli

It appears, by continuing to ask about this, that it is hard for you to let go. You want it to be a certain way even if it is not that way. Like if he is not interested, you are going to find a way to make him interested. Maybe that will work, but not that likely.

Notice that line four and six, while one is yin and the other is yang, really do not relate to each other according to the law of correspondences. Note also that the commentary on line four says, "...decisive for the future and requires the inner consent of all concerned." In other words, you can't make him like you, if he doesn't. Now that goes back to something I said in another post about not caring. It was a statement that became very controversial, but I want to clear up what I mean here. I am not talking about not caring about the person, I am talking about not caring about the outcome. A totally different things. And that is the attitude we often have to have. To let things be, then we find, as in hexagram fifty, that "we put our fate on a firm footing." In other words, there are inner spiritual laws at work, and we cannot accomplish anything in life by force, not in the long run, for there is always an equal and opposite reaction. We must simply have faith enough to find that "behold, fate is favorable." We can ask the universe what we want without presuming upon the outcome. When we receive the universe through non resistance, we find ourselves in the right place at the right time, and eventually with the right person, which may not be the person you think is right at this point in time. Let go and let the universe do its magic. I know this is counterintuitive and I know how hard it is to let go, but we must.

Gene

yxeli

visitor
Reaction score
I am not talking about not caring about the person, I am talking about not caring about the outcome. A totally different things. And that is the attitude we often have to have. To let things be, then we find, as in hexagram fifty, that "we put our fate on a firm footing." In other words, there are inner spiritual laws at work, and we cannot accomplish anything in life by force, not in the long run, for there is always an equal and opposite reaction. We must simply have faith enough to find that "behold, fate is favorable."

Yes, I agree, very much so, and often in these relationship readings I do ask the Yi far too many questions. I still think your response in the other thread applies, its just that we have met since that casting, and its becoming obvious that its hard to be with my friends when he's around, very small group of close friends and he likes to play some games with me, telling me that he's single, and flirts, while his rumoured girlfriend is int he next room,then treats me terribly within a few minutes. Its getting hard socially, so thats why I ask this.

But I think this reading is how you have put it, dont keep pushing the matter.

Thanks Gene and Dooberry!

Yx

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).