...life can be translucent

Menu

Need A Little Help with 38

dooberry

visitor
Reaction score
Ok, so this might be slightly manipulative to ask such a question, but I asked "What can I do to influence the situation between X and I to my advantage?"

Response was 38.1.5.6>47

Not really sure what to make of this but here's my understanding: The situation at hand calls for making some kind of compromise or finding some common ground so that we can agree on something, which right now, doesn't seem to be happening since we are not talking. I am also feeling isolated, which is true.

Line 1 - Now is not the time to force the issue, let it be.

Line 5 - Basically accepting things as they are, accepting what I cannot change.

Line 6 - Overcoming doubts/fears and coming to a solution or welcoming the passing of the situation.

Changed to hex 47: I understand this as, if I heed the lines above I will eventually find the strength to find some common ground or solution for the situation. However, I shouldn't jump the gun because doing so now would just prove futile. At this time there is nothing I can do to influence the situation as my "words would have no effect. Therefore, in times of adversity it is important to be strong within and sparing of words".

I'd like to hear what others have to say about this reading, if any of you might see something here that I might have missed?

Thanks in advance!

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Ok, so this might be slightly manipulative to ask such a question, but I asked "What can I do to influence the situation between X and I to my advantage?"

Why can't the influence be to the mutual advantage of both of you?

dooberry

visitor
Reaction score
Pocossin,

Thank you for bringing me back to reality.... I knew should have asked that question differently.

I asked again, this time asking what I could/should do to make this situation such that we could both end up happy about the outcome and here is what I got:

18.2>52

Repairing the damage > Keeping still...

What to make of this?

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
what could/should I do to make this situation such that we could both end up happy about the outcome?
18.2 > 52

Nine in the second place means:
Setting right what has been spoiled by the mother.
One must not be too persevering.

The father controls the outer domain; the mother, the inner, so I take 18.2 as resolving inner differences, that is, differences of attitude and value. What are the feelings of the other? Hexagram 52 suggests a focus on long-term, enduring values.

M

mirian

Dear dooberry,
I understand that you have re-phrased your question but my understanding is that you cast the Hex 38.1.5.6 >>47 reading anyway, so I would take it as the Yi has got a message for you to think about it.

I imagine that you are not feeling great, having to deal with isolation/opposition (Hex 38) and oppression (Hex 47). I think that the Yi is telling you how to get over this.

Line 1 - In a relationship, one part shouldn't have "to do" things to influence the other. The idea of winning someone over is just not right. Wilhelm/Baynes use the image of a horse that runs further and further if you run after it. So, the message is not to put pressure on the other person or try to force the situation. The person who has feelings for you will come to you naturally because he/she wants to do so.

Line 5 - It is asking for more openness and sincerity. There seems to be misunderstandings and a lack of real communication. There is a need to reveal feelings, emotions, fears, ideas. This isolation/opposition scenario has to be unlocked through openness.

Line 6 - Mistrust has taken over. "Put the gun down":D You cannot carry on a relationship like this;)

Hope it helps.:bows:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).