...life can be translucent

Menu

Any possibility of reconciliation?

crystal23

visitor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am new to this community and I'm really glad to find one for I Ching!

I have been consulting the I Ching for several years, using the 51 stick method. In the last 2 years, i have been bogged down by a break-up that's still hurting me. My questions have tended to focus on it.

Recently, I asked the question "if I would like us to reconcile, what should I do?" and got the hexagrams 27.5 (nourishment) to 42 (gain).

42 has consistently turned up and I don't know what to make of it.

Some background : the relationship was long distance, although I had known her before she left for her studies. We broke up because she has some issues about the nature of the relationship (gay) and probably also lack of time. We no longer chat although we can still see each other appearing on online chat (we stay online a lot out of habit).

Any idea what is the wooden thing mentioned? In 27.5 it says not to cross the great river, but 42 says cross it if you find something wooden. I hope to hear your views on this matter.

Frankly though, I'd rather not have to be the one initiating any contact as I had tried it before and she was not too responsive back then. I don't need to be back in a relationship with her. I just want us to be friends like we used to be.

Thanks, I really would appreciate some advice here.

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
Thanks, I really would appreciate some advice here.

Hi and welcome, Crystal.

This is only a temporary setback. Not a great time for making big decisions or proclamations.

The dealeo with 42 is that: Increase is conditional upon what you consume or buy into or work for. A person is what they eat. 42 is rarely luck, it's more often a result.

Off the side of the track though, once the Yi has answered logistical questions, and you persist in asking, rewording but asking over and over, if the Yi doesn't clam up altogether, it'll talk to about your own head. If Yi does that, it's best to play along and learn something. Then you can probably answer your own question. I really believe that's Yi's preferred way.

crystal23

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Meng.

So you'd say I should just not do anything for now, right? I'm more than happy to do that.

I've had the experience of asking a question too many times and I always get something irreverent from I Ching. It's really uncanny and quite funny usually. I think the I Ching has a sense of humour too. :)

Just curious though - where in the text did you interpret it as a temporary setback?

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
Just curious though - where in the text did you interpret it as a temporary setback?

My first clue was..

i have been bogged down by a break-up that's still hurting me. My questions have tended to focus on it.

From Yi was 27.5 (using W/B):

Turning away from the path.
To remain persevering brings good fortune.
One should not cross the great water.

This sounds like a temporary situation to me. Don't do anything now, don't keep it in your heart now. But neither stagnate, nor feel self-pity etc. Turning away from the path means you're not chained to it as a slave, or as a train to its tracks.

mazaru

visitor
Reaction score
I would read this one as that you should ask help from a mutual friend.
Don't try to force yourself on her, but stay low and kind.

Six in the fifth place means:
Turning away from the path.
To remain persevering brings good fortune.
One should not cross the great water.

A man may be conscious of a deficiency in himself. He should be
undertaking the nourishment of the people, but he has not the strength to do
it. Thus he must turn from his accustomed path and beg counsel and help
from a man who is spiritually his superior but undistinguished outwardly. If
he maintains this attitude of mind perseveringly, success and good fortune
are his. But he must remain aware of his dependence. He must not put his
own person forward nor attempt great labors, such as crossing the great water.

crystal23

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Meng and Mazaru. Your interpretations are very helpful and I can see how they fit with what is already happening. Thankfully, I have indeed been focusing on my personal development. Guess I'll stick with that then.

Cheers
Crystal23

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).