...life can be translucent

Menu

To Be Or Not To Be Friends?

L

lizzy

I've been in quite a confusing relationship with someone. We agreed to be corresponding friends, but I left the actual writing to him (after having written a long letter and not getting a quick response). He assured me he wanted to keep writing and answer to that letter too but was/is very busy (I know that he really is). Nonetheless it's been many weeks and I'm not sure how I feel about reconnecting with him again. I think I'm losing faith, although he made some small gestures in the meantime showing me that he still remembers. Nevertheless, I asked I Ching three questions, but I'm not sure how to interpret them. Any insight is welcome:

1.) What should I know about my situation with X?
I got 24.3 changing to 36.

I don't know whether the above means that I should return to my own affairs (something I've been doing anyway) or that the relationship will return (since I asked about the relationship and not myself). Is 36 a good sign?

2.) What does X want/expect from me?
Hex 50.1.2.4 to 22

Sounds like lots of trouble, but perhaps those are issues he has to deal with before writing to me?

3.) How should I behave in reference to X?
I got 42.1.6 changing to 8

I'm confused by the changing lines. 1 is good and 6 is bad. How to interpret it?

Should I be more outgoing? I've been rather passive lately. If he asked me a question I'd reply but I avoided communicating with him out of order or acknowledging his non-verbal gestures. Should I remain passive, be more active or forget about him? Soon, it's his birthday and I wonder if I should send him a card or not.

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
Hello, first I thought, "it is just a temporary setback" but looking in all of the casts briefly and returning to the first one, gives me the impression of tiredness; perhaps you are tired of how things are and the unsettledness of the situation is getting exhausting for you.
But at this point, he may only need some understanding from you.
Sending a birthday card to anybody should not be a big deal, it is always nice to get it.

L

lizzy

Thanks a lot, Dragona! You were right. I took a deep breath, sent that card, and it all turned out great!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).