...life can be translucent

Menu

Life choices and transitions

kdedeaux4

visitor
Reaction score
After many years of being single and afraid of commitments and relationships in general, I've finally met a wonderful man who came along right when I began to feel I might be ready to try connecting with someone sincerely again.
He is a wonderful friend and boyfriend! He treats me with respect and value more than anyone I've ever dated. It's a blessing of epic proprtion in my life at this time. I've recently experienced major upheaval in losing my father (my only family member) and my children leaving immediately after their grandfather's funeral to live across the country with their father after living alone with me all their lives.
To add to my sad "country song" like story, a week ago, my beloved cat was hit by a car and died:(
I now find myself lost physically and emotionally with such drastic losses all at once. Most of my life has been spent making choices that pleased my parents, then my husband, then what was best for my children. I'm trying to spin a positive light on all of this loss by embracing the freedom I now have been suddenly given for the first time ever, to live my life for me. It's harder than i thought though. I'm just lost for direction and not even sure what I really do want after all these years:confused:
My boyfriend has been so supportive even though he met me at the craziest most difficult transitional phase in my life. I feel the comforting security and solidity of character in him that I've only experienced prior in life from my father. It's exactly what I used to always dream of having in a boyfriend or husband someday..that strength mixed with tenderness and acceptance. He lives several states away, however, which hasn't prevented us from seeing each other enough to grow more and more close and committed as his job allows him to travel very inexpensively, but it does feel like another loss again every time he has to go back. It's getting increaasingly more difficult to be so far away from each other.
I've recently decided to take a leave of absence from my job- my job and settling my father's estate being really the only two things holding me to this town where I'm not from, no longer have family, and never felt totally comfortable in. I'm taking a leave of absence to refigure myself, my life and process through these traumatic losses with the support of my boyfriend through it. I'm planning to stay with him for a few months while I work through this. I've always played life safe and this is exciting to me, but so out of my "element" that I'm quite nervous and worried about it not being a good choice due to my sense of being emotionally and physically "lost".
i asked the i-ching for insight and direction in regards to this big decision. The response: Hexagram 55.1.3.4.5 ---> hex 8.

I've researched this and feel it's a fairly positive outlook for my situation. However, I get conflicting thoughts as it seems right NOW is the best it's going to be in this situation? Would that mean staying with him for a few months might not maintain the happiness and stability this relationship is bringing to my life right now? That worries me!
I ask this wise community to please assist me in comprehending this message in its entirety. This is really a huge choice for me and I don't want to go into it blindly.

I would really appreciate your time and assistance with this!
Namaste':bows:
~kd

troubadour

visitor
Reaction score
To me Hexagram 55 is like a big gloomy old house hidden back behind a high fence and some tall trees, maybe an old Southern Mansion lost in a swamp, where we experience melancholy and loneliness and a sort of darkness which is visual and emotional and even spiritual; so this is a sort of dwelling which is a good sort of place to escape; and Hexagram 8 is about connection and companionship; so for me this does sound sincerely, gently, positively, encouraging. Wishing you the best.

kdedeaux4

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Troubadour for your thoughts!! I will be heading very much deep *south* in the US...so your description of this hex in my situation really hits my geographical direction right on the nose, as is your description of my hopes for a peaceful place to refresh and regroup my thoughts and feeling and spiritual direction.
What a wonderful interpretation you've offered! it's exactly what I'm doing this for and hoping for by doing it...Thank you:)

G

goddessliss

Its sounds like you are fairly clear on what you are doing kd which Hex 55 coupled with the changing lines indicate. Just in case you run from it like me, please allow your self to grieve, something I tried to skip and gloss over when I had devastating losses such as yours and it did no good.
Sounds like your man is exactly what you need - be joyous - Liss

kdedeaux4

visitor
Reaction score
Liss...

Thank you! I, too, am one to run from grief...and this is some life-altering serious grief I simply am unable to shake, deny, or run from...so I'm having a simultaneous lesson in feeling and dealing with grief.
That's excellent advice, as I sense I'm dealing now with far more grief than even my current circumstances have provoked. You're very correct, shoving it down or aside just doesn't work except in the short term....and youjust might have to pay for that quick temporary relief later!
Thank you again so much for your kind words of encouragement:) xoxo

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).