...life can be translucent

Menu

Queen o' Wands: What's She Want?

hooo

visitor
Reaction score
She's certainly persistent, showing up everywhere. But then she is an assertive woman.

Who is she?

8.5 to 2.

Well, I get she's seeking union. But what does she want?

61.1.2.5 to 23

I suspect to get to the truth of a situation/dynamic and to be ready and willing and probably eager to strip back all the layers to get to it. Not much dilly-dallying and zero patience for such digressions. Something presented in-face, and a "well?"

An inspired cut(ting) to the chase.

Had to include this (found object) painting by Andreas Streun:

http://andreas-streun.de/queen_wands_e.html )

Last edited:

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
Don't tarot cards have their own inherent meanings? (I love the image you posted btw)

You might wanna take into consideration that there are no hidden agendas with this (61.1 speaks very clearly of that)

hooo

visitor
Reaction score
I'm not that familiar with tarot, but yes, they do, though you'll find variation on theme, as here.

thank you, yes, i get a vibe that is very much out in the open, cards on the table, no hidden agendas.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
If we take the 'wand' to be a walking staff, then the card would signify feminine mobility. Traditionally, a woman was most mobile when she moved from her parent's home to her husband's home. So, I would correlate the queen of wands card to hexagram 19.

hooo

visitor
Reaction score
Well, Nearing has come up often enough lately.

Dreams indicate someone who has been "following" me in some way. (Blogs and such have added a level of meaning to "following," and hooo knows, that may be in play here.)

At any rate, and speaking of Nearing, I dreamt last week of a woman who was driving some sort of VIP-related van and rear-ended - bumped into - another van she'd been behind (following). A man was driving that vehicle. I watched this from an elevated view. Clearly, she was too near but I got the sense the bumping-into was not much of an accident.

I recall another dream of awhile back and turning around, just because of a "feeling," to find a woman (with the same coloring as the woman in The Queen of Wands painting) right behind me; she'd been following me and looked a little "caught" when I turned to find her.

Not so caught, though, that she looked away. No, she held my stare right back.

Yes, Nearing. Seems so.

My (limited) understanding of 19 limits further extrapolation, and I may be too literal, but it does feel like Something or Someone This Way Coming.

Last edited:

hooo

visitor
Reaction score
and so it was interesting to dream this morning of "1919," like a display, then gone.

two nineteens. two nearing. two nineteens up against each other (like a fender-bender). two nineteens meeting. two nineteens making thirty-eight. opposites attracting. coming together within opposition.

anyway, hmmm.

canislulu

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting.

I've been following hooo's dreams as they have a particular resonance with my situation. (especially the Derailed Train)

This morning I asked a specific question hoping to shed light on a dilemma regarding my mom.

Answer: H 38.1.2.3.4 > H 52.

The answer didn't seem to be telling me what role to play in my mom's situation. I felt as though Yi was saying, "Don't worry about that. You are on the right track."

P

peterg

queen of wands

According to Sinead Nic Cumhaill ( Irish trad. Card Reading ) the old meaning of this card is the no sex card. Thats not an impression I get from Streun's picture.
This card is often associated with trustworthiness which ties in with H.61, and the theme of staunch friendship.
Here is a page I stumbled across recently which talks about Waite's ( chaste ) Queen o' wands from a colour perspective: ( don't know much about the website )
http://www.mysticalpedia.com/color/color-symbolism-green.php

pg

hooo

visitor
Reaction score
yes, even with my limited understanding of the tarot, i note the painter has taken some artistic license with who/what the queen of wands is; and i agree, the queen depicted in the image is hardly a "no sex" woman.

for one, there are things "wrong" with the picture and the model is likely far my joyous (and tipsy) than the more dour - weighty - queen of wands.

if anything, i'd've called the painting, Venus in Aries (despite the lion indicating things leo). (for that matter, i think the lion's on the wrong side, and besides, it's usually a black cat.)

("...the theme of staunch friendship." indeed. the most powerful and valued aspect of the dynamic in question.)

http://blog.californiapsychics.com/blog/2011/01/tarot-queen-of-wands-from-the-heart.html

i know this is not a tarot forum but for the sake of context she showed up in answer to a question. her presence resonated strongly; i "saw" someone clearly. i asked for background and received the strength card two consecutive times, followed by the bookend of the king of wands.

i left it there, for now.

Last edited:

canislulu

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Contemplating this thread, I thought it might be interesting to ask and pulled out my marbles:

King of Wands: What does he want?

2.5 to 8

A bookend to the "who is she?" answer that started the thread.

Yi never ceases to amaze and intrigue me.

jbutler

visitor
Reaction score
What does he want? 2.5 I say he is looking for someone with similar values. He scores a point.
What does she want? The short answer is: She wants a sincere relationship with you and is capable of giving it. BUT, there is something wrong with how this relationship is taking off. She is going about it in the wrong way. Men pursue--women play hard to get. She has reversed the role. She is pursuing you, and if I were in your shoes, I'd look at her in the eyes and say: "Stop chasing me." It would definitely turn me off to be pursued by a women, even a beautiful woman. Why? Because pursuing is masculine energy. I don't want a relationship with a man, even if he looks like a woman. Maybe he's a poser, a chameleon. yech. I am going to say she messed up. minus 10 points. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.00.

hooo

visitor
Reaction score
astrologically, "female pursuing" reflects a venus in aries energy. i am generally with you on being over-pursued, though maybe not as across the board. i myself don't have a lot of fire in my chart, to stick with astrology, so am in many ways - or a couple crucial ones - am more receptive. think water. venus when in aries is in/on fire and when this placement is in a woman's chart it does or certainly can make for switched dynamic, where her venus doesn't have a problem identifying and going after what it wants.

beyond that rudimentary aspect, your mileage may vary. or, one man's ceiling is another man's floor. the few Significant women in my life have, fwiw, plenty of fire in their charts. I won't belabor that other than to introduce the notion of balance - seeking balance - and energy exchange.

When I have been over-pursued the couple times it's happened both women were indeed "messed up," but because they'd been sexually abused as girls. So, I'd say "wounded" and "damaged."

Then there's Mars...

Last edited:

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
astrologically speaking when you have Aries in play (example myself) we like to pursue. And a man who doesn't like to play that game (I chase you then you chase me and so on back and forth) will not be the right man and vice versa, so there is no worries. I have dated Aries men and found this type of relationship to be really easy to start up for that reason - we both understand the thrill of the chase and take turns at it.

Now, this queen..I don't know. You didn't say What does she want from Me? so..you know..

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).