...life can be translucent

Menu

What a Psychic Said and 11

hooo

visitor
Reaction score
Over 25 years ago I went to see a woman recommended to me by a friend. The reading was strong and included the advice (channeled through "guides") to read a book called What Dreams May Come, later made into a movie (starring Robin Williams).

I have never read the book nor seen the movie though some time ago finally I looked into what it was about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_dreams_may_come

"The prologue is narrated by a man telling of his visit by a psychic woman, who gives him a manuscript she claims was dictated to her by his deceased brother Chris. Most of the novel consists of this manuscript."

I asked this morning, Why did the psychic advise me about What Dreams May Come?

(I'd've gone back to ask her myself but discovered via a search that she died about a year ago.)

I received 11, Flow.

found:

"However, there is also an agricultural application, and things are expected to flourish during the 11 process. Heaven (below) is ready and able to assist earth (above), but earth must also do her part to bear fruit. It is a joint effort...I think it's saying to relax, let go and trust heaven to lift. That's how to bring about positive change in your work. But you are also heaven to their earth, and they need to trust you"

-sooo

Seems like, in the context of the psychic reading, that once I am informed - given the name of a particular story - I am also made responsible; a bell is rung that I can't unring. And that so long as I hold up my end, there will be some dovetailing-like reciprocation, or echoing.

Does that seem accurate?

It just strikes me as funny hahahaha to be given such a specific "widget," if you will, to carry around in my pocket all this time, before even looking at it. It's got some weight to it. And I can't seem to bring myself to toss it into the WIshing Well.

Last edited:

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
That film made such a profound impact on me when I saw it, you know the type - shakes you to your core. Didn't know there was a book! Thank you for that information, the book is usually better than the film.

What is interesting to me is why did you ask that question only this morning when the advice was given to you over 25 years ago? I hope I am not prying but it seems to me lot of people are unexpectedly and out of turn dealing with existential issues at the moment. The end of the world being nigh and all that..

hooo

visitor
Reaction score
it is interesting it would take so long, isn't it? and, really, very unlike me.

the notion of the value/efficacy of things "time-released" comes to mind; other than that, i have no answer. can't even be sure when it began to bubble up to the surface, but not that long ago.

funny you'd mention existential angst and the end of the world; because i do catch myself from time to time lately carrying this heavy weight of urgency, as if, indeed, running out of time.

of course i turned 50 in november so no doubt that plays a part in the "weather."

as well as a marriage of real life and vivid dreams that has conspired to conjure the theme of the book/movie.

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
don't let the age thing turn your head, it's just a number ;)

but back to the book/film, something just occurred to me and it may or may not be 11 related. When I first saw the film, I was struck with the apparent message of Love that is so strong it goes beyond death etc etc, but now, thinking back... that woman, she messed up so many lives by indulging in grief. Both her husband and her son had to literally go through Hell to save her from herself. So they loved her enough to do all that but she didn't love anyone enough, not even herself.

Hmm..

hooo

visitor
Reaction score
well, i made a reference to the movie, Inception - haven't seen that, either - but deleted it because I probably ought to see it first; synopsis, though, intimates some similarities. (a friend had mentioned the movie, knowing my interest in dreaming.)

at any rate, what robin williams' character seems to have in common with dicaprio's character (Inception) is knowledge of role/dynamic that others do not have, and this knowing involves - creates - some significant responsibility. An acceptance of a job, as it were, and all it entails, "should you choose to accept it."

Last edited:

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
I have Inception DVD if you want to borrow it? lol Actually that's not it, you've got to watch the film to see what I mean. Of course, you can choose to see it as that, but I never saw that. But me is me. As they say. Or maybe they don't. Who would know with them..

hooo

visitor
Reaction score
clueless over here.

just following bread crumbs on fire.

back to 11:

'Flowing.
Small goes, great comes.
Good fortune, creating success.'

Carried by the current of that river thundering down Mount Tai, small concerns dwindle away, and the energy to achieve great things pours in. It can be exhilarating - but it can also be overwhelming, as things that had never before seemed 'small' to us vanish down the river. When we're given this hexagram unchanging, especially, the question of how (or whether) we can interact with such a force comes to the fore. It can sometimes mean being confronted with life and death issues that set the rest of life firmly in perspective.

- Hilary B.

Last edited:

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
Don't know if you can find any help in this, but the last time I was on a date, the woman, who was into metaphysics, new age and all that, asked for an IC reading. To my surprise, her question was: Why am I such a bitch? While I admired her candor, I began to suspect she was sending me a warning. She received 11, which seemed like a straight forward answer: relax, put some effort into your garden of relationships, and you will enjoy the fruit as well. Unfortunately, the second date revealed to me why she asked that question. Sadly she did not follow Yi's image to make her old way into a new way, and so once again, no eatable fruit, nothing fresh growing. I was one of a bunch of apples she had met and dated online, going rotten in her discarded basket of mature single men. And all she needed with any of us was to (I kind of like Hilary's word for this though I've never considered it before) flow.

11 was the perfect answer to her question, but it was in no way a prediction. But who knows, maybe over time something of its message will become meaningful to her.

(am sooo btw)

hooo

visitor
Reaction score
thank you.

11 is one of the four or five hexagrams that keep coming up.

I'm just trying to cultivate my attentiveness and go with it.

reminds me of a van morrison song," you don't pull no punches but you don't push the river."

Last edited:

hooo

visitor
Reaction score
silly bump, i know, but perhaps worth something to share that i did ask again - confused, i seek guidance, even in repetition - and received the same answer.

this is bigger than me, and i suspect that's a lot of what i've got to FLOW with.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).