...life can be translucent

Menu

How should I recover 55.1.2.4 -> 46

ragini

visitor
Reaction score
My current psychological situation is in a pretty bad state. Through a series of situations that have lasted over the years, I have come to be in a state from which I find it impossible to come out. The more I try, the more I get battered.

I realize I need to get help, and do something about this situation, but I really don't know what to do. I am open to anything - meeting a psychologist, going to a meditation retreat, or something else that may help.

I asked the Yi - what should I do to come out of this situation, and got 55.1.2.4 -> 46

Even though 55 refers to abundance of the positive type, I guess in this hex it might be referring to the abundance of sorrow and a battered psyche ?

Wilhelm speaks about spiritual transformation. So I think that is very important.

Line 1 seems to suggest, meeting a psychologist, but for just the amount of time it is necessary to come out of this issue.

Line 2 suggests an obstruction, but staying with inner truth.

Line 4 suggests that things will get better.

Does anyone have insights on this reading ? Thanks !

troubadour

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Ragini, first off you are really doing the right thing if you take issues of depression to a professional who can help with things like this.

Hexagram 55 is an interesting one because it looks positive but when one looks closere that impression is tested - it has a lot to do with abundance of problems and cares and "stuff" that clutters and burdens lives.

It also relates to an eclipse which is an obvious metaphor for personal darkness and depression which obscures vision and affects perspective.

The great thing is eclipses obviously end - I think Hilary has written something cool about the way the eclipse as described in line 4 is sort of like the darkness just before the dawn.

The relating hexagram 46 is a very positive one which says that step by step you are going to climb to higher and firmer ground.

You already know what you have to do.Wishing you well in that.

tigerintheboat

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
My current psychological situation is in a pretty bad state. Through a series of situations that have lasted over the years, I have come to be in a state from which I find it impossible to come out. The more I try, the more I get battered.

I asked the Yi - what should I do to come out of this situation, and got 55.1.2.4 -> 46

Even though 55 refers to abundance of the positive type, I guess in this hex it might be referring to the abundance of sorrow and a battered psyche ?
I rarely see this hexagram except when I am in a situation of darkness and difficulty. Line 1 strongly suggests that you go out and meet with somebody to help you. A temporary alliance, but important help. When it is very dark, you need help seeing. Could be a therapist, an agency, or just someone who you will listen to, and who is your guide out of the darkness.

Line 2 suggests that even in darkness, you will be able to navigate. But you must be moving toward something.

Line 4 indicates meeting someone again, at a later stage, somebody you might not recognize as an ally. This is at a later stage when you are out and about.

Get moving toward help.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
What should I do to come out of this situation?
55.1.2.4 > 46

Ragini, my personal bias is, Leave your mind alone as James Thurber recommended. Change your environment rather than attempting to change yourself. You are unlikely to change yourself directly. Stay away from psychologists, meditation retreats, or other New Age remedies. I practice what I preach, and this year, though not perfect, has been bountiful for me. I have changed myself by changing my environment. Things that have been on the back burner for fifteen years I have changed this year.

Although you are indefinite about your concern (love life, profession, health -- those are the biggies), hexagram 55 is about the enlargement of boundaries. You feel oppressed because you do not know how to enlarge the box you live it. I guarantee you that you are just as valuable as every other human on the face of the earth. Dedicate yourself to something (46). Identify the points of disorganization in your life and correct them. What are the negative dreams you have at night? Well, these are the things you need to work on now.

ragini

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Ragini, first off you are really doing the right thing if you take issues of depression to a professional who can help with things like this.

It also relates to an eclipse which is an obvious metaphor for personal darkness and depression which obscures vision and affects perspective.

The great thing is eclipses obviously end - I think Hilary has written something cool about the way the eclipse as described in line 4 is sort of like the darkness just before the dawn.

The relating hexagram 46 is a very positive one which says that step by step you are going to climb to higher and firmer ground.

You already know what you have to do.Wishing you well in that.

Hi troubadour, Thanks for offering insights. Yes this time around after making way too many attempts trying to come of this myself, I feel like I need someone with a fresh perspective who can help me.

I rarely see this hexagram except when I am in a situation of darkness and difficulty. Line 1 strongly suggests that you go out and meet with somebody to help you. A temporary alliance, but important help. When it is very dark, you need help seeing. Could be a therapist, an agency, or just someone who you will listen to, and who is your guide out of the darkness.

Line 2 suggests that even in darkness, you will be able to navigate. But you must be moving toward something.

Line 4 indicates meeting someone again, at a later stage, somebody you might not recognize as an ally. This is at a later stage when you are out and about.

Get moving toward help.

Hi tigerintheboat, Thanks. I agree I really need to meet someone. This might be a temporary alliance. Maybe some sittings with a psychologist. Moving towards something is important. I have definitely experienced this.

What should I do to come out of this situation?
55.1.2.4 > 46

Ragini, my personal bias is, Leave your mind alone as James Thurber recommended. Change your environment rather than attempting to change yourself. You are unlikely to change yourself directly. Stay away from psychologists, meditation retreats, or other New Age remedies. I practice what I preach, and this year, though not perfect, has been bountiful for me. I have changed myself by changing my environment. Things that have been on the back burner for fifteen years I have changed this year.

Although you are indefinite about your concern (love life, profession, health -- those are the biggies), hexagram 55 is about the enlargement of boundaries. You feel oppressed because you do not know how to enlarge the box you live it. I guarantee you that you are just as valuable as every other human on the face of the earth. Dedicate yourself to something (46). Identify the points of disorganization in your life and correct them. What are the negative dreams you have at night? Well, these are the things you need to work on now.

Hi pocossin, For a long time, I too held the view, that I will be able to help myself, and there is little purpose in seeking professional help. But honestly, I am bruised and in a deep pit.

I agree, changing the environment, and expanding the box I live in will help, but I think that will be the second step.

Thanks for reminding me "I am as valuable as every other human". I have honestly experienced really deep invalidation of myself as a human. My self worth is at an all time low, and I have become extremely sensitive. All in all too many issues, and not too sure if I have the tools to fight them. All this seems to be directing towards a professional :)

A big thanks to all of you for offering your insights ! I will update this thread soon and tell you guys how it's working out.

ragini

visitor
Reaction score
I did talk to a therapist. We are considering medication as an alternative. I have been trying to read details and accounts of those who have tried medication for countering depression. Even though medication might/will help, I believe there might be non medical ways of managing depression and anxiety.

I asked the Yi - please advise me regarding medication for my problem. I got 35.1 -> 21

The changing line 1 seems to suggest two steps forward and one step backwards (picked up from an old thread)

Somehow I am reading this as go to the core of the matter and you will be rewarded. Seems to be suggesting non medical means to me.

What are your thought ? Will request and appreciate help from the community. Thank You :bows:

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Please advise me regarding medication for my problem.
35.1 > 21

Congratulations on taking steps to resolve this difficult problem. 21 suggests oral medication. The translation of 35.1 is problematical. I think it is a reference to setting traps for rodents (the hamster of 35.4), and its general meaning is, Use whatever method works.

ragini

visitor
Reaction score
I have been reading up on various ways (medical and non medical) to overcome a mental state that in unhealthy. I am realising that there are so many things which over time can accumulate into a state of sadness and despair.

Inability to express oneself, sometimes just the fact that one feels they are so different than their peers, difficulty in interpersonal relationships start as a feedback cycle which goes into a negative spiral. Other issues such as health, work, etc can also contribute.

At some point the effect of all these things can gang up and become quite overwhelming. It seems like there is a lot to overcome :)

I asked the Yi, to what extent will I be able to come out of this mental state ? The Yi answered with 41.2.6 -> 24

24 the background hex speaks about a turning point. This is really refreshing because I really need a change.

Hex 41 talks to decrease. I am reading it as a decrease of the problems weighing on my mind.

The 2nd changing line, seems to suggest a way of relating - "listen to others without losing yourself". I wonder, if this advise is for the way I should relate with the therapist, or with people in general ?

The 6th changing line talks about finding a servant, but losing a home. It also talks about increasing others without decreasing myself. Infact both the lines talk about increasing others without decreasing the self.

Could this mean, I should focus on increasing my strengths without decreasing my weaknesses ?

I will appreciate any pointers on how to interpret this reading. Thank you !

ragini

visitor
Reaction score
I have been reading up on various ways (medical and non medical) to overcome a mental state that in unhealthy. I am realising that there are so many things which over time can accumulate into a state of sadness and despair.

Inability to express oneself, sometimes just the fact that one feels they are so different than their peers, difficulty in interpersonal relationships start as a feedback cycle which goes into a negative spiral. Other issues such as health, work, etc can also contribute.

At some point the effect of all these things can gang up and become quite overwhelming. It seems like there is a lot to overcome :)

I asked the Yi, to what extent will I be able to come out of this mental state ? The Yi answered with 41.2.6 -> 24

24 the background hex speaks about a turning point. This is really refreshing because I really need a change.

Hex 41 talks to decrease. I am reading it as a decrease of the problems weighing on my mind.

The 2nd changing line, seems to suggest a way of relating - "listen to others without losing yourself". I wonder, if this advise is for the way I should relate with the therapist, or with people in general ?

The 6th changing line talks about finding a servant, but losing a home. It also talks about increasing others without decreasing myself. Infact both the lines talk about increasing others without decreasing the self.

Could this mean, I should focus on increasing my strengths without decreasing my weaknesses ?

I will appreciate any pointers on how to interpret this reading. Thank you :bows:

tigerintheboat

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Gnawing Through to Progress

I did talk to a therapist. We are considering medication as an alternative. I have been trying to read details and accounts of those who have tried medication for countering depression. Even though medication might/will help, I believe there might be non medical ways of managing depression and anxiety.

I asked the Yi - please advise me regarding medication for my problem. I got 35.1 -> 21
H35.1 -> 21: Gnawing Through to Progress

The Gnawing Through image and the fact that you got H35, Line 1, indicates that medication is only one piece of the puzzle, a beginning step. H35 tells the story of an individual's rise from a lowly position. "In line 1, the time for recognition has not arrived. We should be patient. "(Balkin). You will need to persist past the initial problems and resistances with steady determination.

So, clearly taking a pill is just the beginning of Gnawing Through.

Tiger

ragini

visitor
Reaction score
Please advise me regarding medication for my problem.
35.1 > 21

Congratulations on taking steps to resolve this difficult problem. 21 suggests oral medication. The translation of 35.1 is problematical. I think it is a reference to setting traps for rodents (the hamster of 35.4), and its general meaning is, Use whatever method works.

H35.1 -> 21: Gnawing Through to Progress

So, clearly taking a pill is just the beginning of Gnawing Through.

Tiger

Thank you pocossin and tigerintheboat,

I am indeed trying to gnaw at this problem in a few different ways.

pocossin, thanks for "do what it takes" - that is exactly my attitude. I am in a deep mess, and need to do whatever it takes to get out of here.

tigerinaboat Thanks for the insight on the pill being the beginning of the gnawing process. Indeed, it is going to be a long road.

I hope to post updates soon :bows:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).