...life can be translucent

Menu

Will he approach again / ask me out?

manitoba33

visitor
Reaction score
Will he ask me out again and approach?

I got 24.3.4 > 55

The two lines of 24 seem rather negative, but 55 points to abundance and victory. Confused by contradictions...Hexagram 24 really irritates me too...Returning where? 'Companions come without fault' implies returning to me. But 'returning to one's own path' sounds like the opposite. :confused:

Line 3 of 24 Urgent returning, harsh danger. No fault.

Line 4 of 24 Returning alone in the middle of the road.

Need help in interpreting this. Thanks much!

moses

visitor
Reaction score
You know what manitoba.... I think this could be the first Yi maybe I have ever seen :)

What did you do???? I notice he question is Will he ask me out AGAIN and approach?

What did you do the first time?? Tell me and I'll give you the answer without the need for YI :)

Moses

manitoba33

visitor
Reaction score
The question isn't what did I "DO" it's "why were we both so nervous so as to completely sabotage the date?"

We used to work together and repressed sexual tension. I ran into him 2 years later, and he asked me out. He politely asked what my schedule was the following week and after I told him he picked the one day I said I was not available. I accepted but told him I'd only have an hour (first mistake).

We were rushed, both extremely nervous and I was defensive with him, testing him, etc.. Long story short, we argued and he dropped me off because "we're not getting along. I hoped things would go better than this."

I apologized to him several times over text telling him I was nervous, that I've always had a crush on him etc., but apparently his pride and ego are too wounded, as he hasn't responded. I finally told him I would leave him alone so I am respectfully letting him make the next move if he's willing to risk it. I won't bother him again.

Without you knowing the entire history, I'm not sure that I would trust your opinion on this over the Yi's....so I asked the Yi again.

Does X still have feelings for me?

I got 2.3 > 15

Keeping the story to oneself allows for persistence.
Somebody relies upon a king's unfinished matters to come to an end.

One is relying on the other to complete something. This unfinished stuff creates a tension. To allow for a continuation, it is better to not speak one's heart.

Am I right to interpret this to mean that yes he still have feelings but won't ever let me know, or do anything about it??

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
It is best when posing questions to the I Ching to ask about yourself and not the other person. This has been repeated a zillion times here at OnlineClarity, but the occasion always comes up to repeat it again ...

I think Yi is telling you to keep your beauties and talents concealed and just keep a low profile, and everything will go the best way.

gene

visitor
Reaction score
manitoba

As far as whether he will ask you out again or not, I don't know. But both hexagram 24 and hexagram 55 have the connotation of "turning points" though in different ways. line three indicates confusion, both on your part and his, line four indicates the turning point will be that someone will end up alone, I am sorry to say. Hexagram 55 hints at doing the best you can while you are on an upswing because it will not last long. The tide is about to turn. These lines and hexagrams would indicate that whatever has gone on before is about to change, for better or for worse.

Gene

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).