...life can be translucent

Menu

a focus on impetus

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
The path in and the path out are equally dangerous by themselves. Like the IC experience: sometimes the answer helps you to see, but often the question is more revealing, and the impetus behind the question often seems the subject which IC challenges and speaks to us about on a personal level.

Reaction score
Here, for the question's aim, you'll need this too:
Bow_and_Arrow_by_FlyingDrumkit.jpg

(From: http://flyingdrumkit.deviantart.com/art/Bow-and-Arrow-101615169)

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
A primal yet re-curve bow for speed and power, a straight arrow, symbol of directness and candor.

Very apropos for question and answer. :bows:

forty two

visitor
Reaction score
My I Ching always talks to me about on a personal level, lol. No matter what I ask, but I guess it is because after all this time I stopped playing games with the I Ching and so asking Yi is always a quite serious and honesty issue for me. Asking the I Ching is using the telephone wire to God. One should not lie to god, because there is simply no use ;)

I decided to give myself away to something higher and so I have got nothing to hide and so the answers I got are always to the point. Sometimes it is a pure joy, sometimes it makes me contemplative. It depends on me and on what "trip" I am for the moment. But it is always the right and most helpful advice and if I follow, I find my way out of the jungle of errors. If everything is alright, I get acknowledgement for the way I am on :)

After a while the truth doesn`t hurt anymore, you have just to face it often enough. So after a while the fear of truth is changing into passion for truth. The moment when this happened I can tell the greatest moment into my life, because since then everything became kind of..... easy :) To be free means: Don`t feel FEAR.

Again a quote by Bruce Lee, because it also fits in here I guess:

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.”

Best wishes Yvonne

yen hui

visitor
Reaction score
On the easy and the simple.

After a while the truth doesn`t hurt anymore, you have just to face it often enough.

Hex 29 - THE JUDGMENT

The Abysmal repeated.
If you are sincere, you have success in your heart,
And whatever you do succeeds.

"Through repetition of danger we grow accustomed to it. Water sets the example for the right conduct under such circumstances. It flows on and on, and merely fills up all the places through which it flows; it does not shrink from any dangerous spot nor from any plunge, and nothing can make it lose its own essential nature. It remains true to itself under all conditions. Thus likewise, if one is sincere when confronted with difficulties, the heart can penetrate the meaning of the situation."

The commentary says that "through repetition of danger we grow accustomed to it." To "grow accustomed to it" means overcoming our fear of it; and in this case, acquiring faith in, and emotional acceptance of our own Inner Truth (Hex. 61); for, in the final analysis, the Word of the Oracle is an echo and revelation of our own Inner Truth.

Incidentally, according to this commentary, sincerity means remaining true to one's essential nature; which is to say, to one's own Inner Truth. This means being "single-minded." Thus hypocrisy, insofar as it denotes a state of "double-mindedness," is the state opposite to sincerity.

Thus, "if one is sincere when confronted with difficulties," that is, if one remains true to one's own Inner Truth, "the heart can penetrate the meaning of the situation." That is to say, one's own heart (i.e. higher, or innermost nature) will reveal to us the hidden or inner meaning of every situation, by way of the Word of the Oracle.

So after a while the fear of truth is changing into passion for truth. The moment when this happened I can tell the greatest moment into my life, because since then everything became kind of..... easy :) To be free means: Don`t feel FEAR.

I would say the fear of Truth changes into faith in, and love for the Truth, but I take it that's what you meant by a "passion" for the Truth.

It is written, in the Great Treatise , that "the Creative is easy and the Receptive is simple." The easy, thus, indicates the way of creative inspiration, or the path of least resistance and effortless action (wu wei). This essentially means keeping in step with our own spirit (shen), by following its leading and guidance, in regard to the times of movement and keeping still.

That everything is now becoming easy for you is a sign that you have began the Return to your true ground, and are learning to act from your center, or place of primal power.

Again a quote by Bruce Lee, because it also fits in here I guess:

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.”

Three cheer for Master Bruce! I was born on the same day as he was. :D

Last edited:

forty two

visitor
Reaction score
@Yen Hui: Fear is coming alone from the ego. It is the ego which fears to get revealed as an illusion a lie. If I say that I lost fear of truth because I often enough faced it, I don`t mean something like to be accustomed, I mean more: The more often I made the experiance that truth is something which heals, which makes me whole again, the more I lost fear about the removal of my ego because of truth. I recognized that truth is my real existance and so there is no reason for to fear it because only a fool would fear himself, his real true self, his real existance.

Fear get displaced by trust. You call it faith. Can also be said I guess. The trust or faith came with the experiance that truth alone makes me alive, makes me real. Living a lie (the ego) is not living, not really. If you build your house on sand it will break down rather sooner than later. It is same way with the ego. As long as I thought the ego would be real it could be hurt. That is the fear, the fear of aches, of getting hurt. If there is no ego there is no fear, because there is nothing which could get hurt and so: No aches. No aches = no fear, because: Of what?

Everything became easier up from the moment when my ego lost it`s leadership because fear gone with it and all this aches, all this pain, all this worries, all this fear is just because we suppose we are someone. If you are no one, who can be hurt? Sounds easy and is easy. One just have to understand this and think on it each day again and again.

I`m not totally free from my ego yet, unfortunatly, lol. It belongs to human existance to have got (or be) something like an ego. But one can get it at least to end up the leadership of the ego and the more one practise Wu Wei (impulsive, not intentionally, instinctive acting) the more one recognize: "Hey works great without f.....g ego" Lol.

It`s actually a way more easy, more confident, more free, more true and more real live. Someday my ego is shut up finaly, because I don`t need it anymore at all. That`s why it is called: Practise Wu Wei. First you have to practise, because it won`t work immediatly in a perfect way by itself, but if you practise someday the practise will end because there is no practise necessary anymore.

You are Wu Wei then, by just being yourself. No effort is necessary for being true yourself what you are. Then you don`t practise Wu Wei anymore, you are Wu Wei because there is no other way of being anymore. If the ego is gone you can`t get it back. If a lie is revealed as a lie it lost it`s existence, it is dead, you can`t get this lie back or make it alive again, it is impossible. So Wu Wei is a way of no return. When the ego is revealed as a lie there is no way to get it back.

Offtopic:
What do you think, should I open up a thread for this "I Ching /Goethe Quotes" project? Do you like that rather than pm`s and/or email? It is just: I don`t know if someone else is interested into this theme too apart from you and me. That`s why I made the suggestion with the email adresses. But if there is an interesting here for such a thread of course a thread would be better. So: What do you think?

Best wishes Yvonne

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).