...life can be translucent

Menu

Chance to reconcile with a friend and advice from iching 46.3.5 >29

tien

visitor
Reaction score
I have a friend that we had a fallen out, and I do miss him dearly. I asked for advice of how to approach this. I got upward mobility and dangerously deep. I felt like I receiving mixed message, please help. I basically wondering if I should make a move or should I wait until the universe takes it course?

Thank you,:bows:

T

yamabushi

visitor
Reaction score
I have a friend that we had a fallen out, and I do miss him dearly. I asked for advice of how to approach this. I got upward mobility and dangerously deep. I felt like I receiving mixed message, please help. I basically wondering if I should make a move or should I wait until the universe takes it course?

T

this is very good casting for your question, line 3 says that your advancing will be unobstructed, line 5 says that you must act step by step and 29 says that you must be sincere. Sincerity is key for your question....

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score

T

you got 46.3.5>29 could be interpreted different ways. I am wondering if although you miss him you have infact already moved on. in 46.3 there is no obstacle to progress but er when you get there you find there's nothing there. Its a ghost town, an empty city, where there was life and activity there is no more. Remember hex 46 is about moving on up, ascending, growing. Leaving things behind is one of the less happy aspects of growing...but we have no choice. Might it be you have actually outgrown him ?

Hex 29 is worth thinking about here. Its an emotional hexagram, its often about depths of feelings we can't quite fathom, they threaten us, we feel ungrounded. I'm thinking there was this danger in your relationship...feelings must have disturbed it to the extent that you fell out and as the chasm repeats in hex 29 is there any reason to think it won't happen again ? Did the falling outhave anything to do with your progress in life, his jealousy or something like that ? 46.5 shows very gradual working through, moving on up at a steady pace.

OTOH it could also mean its actually no big deal/easy to make it up with him, and indeed sincerity is, as Yamabushi said, important here.

Its the kind of cast thats only easy to interpret from your own POV really...I don't think there is a hard and fast answer here. In your shoes I'd think carefully about the cause of the quarrel and see if it had anything to do with your or his progress in life. Sometimes if one friend progresses further than the other the other trys to hold them back, so they can remain on the same level...but ultimately we can't really grow if we are trying to please people who wish us to remain the same.

All depends what kind of fight it was but if there is an underlying unresolved issue it may happen again and again until you move on from it. OTOH maybe its simple and you only have to pick up the phone.....but the 46.3 makes me wonder if, when you reunite, you may wonder why you bothered ?

tien

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you so much to both of you guys for your help. The situation was that we were friends for a long time, then it became romantic, then it became on again off again relationship. Almost like Big and Carrie if I can ever compare to anything.

The connection was very strong, too strong perhaps. He has a girlfriend now, I guess he is the one that moved on in this picture. I do miss him, and just hope that we can reconcile somehow, I know it's gonna hard in the beginning, but I do miss, my friend. I hurt me pretty badly, but I guess i want a chance to talk things out, so I can finally move on in some way.

I sent a birthday card to him, and heard from our common friend that he was really happy to have receive it, and glad that I reached out. He sent a thank you email, and told my friend to make sure that I receive his response, but didn't make any suggestion about us meeting up or anything. It has been almost a year and I still can't let it go. Anyways, thank you so much though for your insight.

I also asked Iching if he would reject our meeting up if I were to ask---Iching says, 40- liberation

Last edited:

tifa

visitor
Reaction score
hexagram 40 unchanging suggests a "no" - he has moved on and might have set himself to be free from the past.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).