...life can be translucent

Menu

Business opportunity

sattva

visitor
Reaction score
I have *a wealthy *business partner that has offered to loan me money to buy 50% of the shares of my company back from him.The terms seem fair but of course will reveiw with my lawyer. I am pretty excited about the opportunity. My question.

*What if I commit to _______ plan of him leading me money to buy him out. Please show me what this might lead to!

42 .1.5.6>2

I have been going thru a incredible amount of changes in my life right now and this fits right in. *I am friends with my partner but have been at odds with him for many years about business.*

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I have *a wealthy *business partner that has offered to loan me money to buy 50% of the shares of my company back from him.The terms seem fair but of course will reveiw with my lawyer. I am pretty excited about the opportunity. My question.

*What if I commit to _______ plan of him leading me money to buy him out. Please show me what this might lead to!

42 .1.5.6>2

I have been going thru a incredible amount of changes in my life right now and this fits right in. *I am friends with my partner but have been at odds with him for many years about business.*

Ooh if it weren't for 42.6 it all looks so good . I think there may be a question of presuming upon someones good nature....or being unreliable. Its really hard for me to say who the lines apply to. As a story it looks like a fabulous opportunity for growth and expansion it would be daft not to take (42.1) 42.5 shows someone who is being extremely giving and generous who needn't worry about profit and loss if 'kindness is your virtue' and this line again encourages selfless giving.....and then in 42.6 it all goes a bit wrong, the balance is tipped from being a time of increase to perhaps a time of loss through greed, presumption...or most often in my experience plain 'flakiness'. Being flaky, unreliable, inconstant, not loyal or thoughtful undoes all the good fortune as someone loses the goodwill of others.

I most often find 42.6 not so terribly morally bad but it seems to come with an attitude of dilettantism...For me it comes up when I am weighing options I'd like the most, an attitude that can tip into selfishness without us really knowing it. As much as 42.5 is generous and benefits through that, 42.6 has too much self interest and so a lack of awareness of the real situation and hence can hit a brick wall.

My feeling is this isn't a prediction but a warning to you about attitudes to this. The thing is i don't know if its your attitude or his that you must pay mind to ? I feel whatever agreement is made consistency about the whole thing, especially repayment terms and so on must be carefully adhered to. If the lines are about you don't presume on generosity....keep your part of the deal. If its about him...can you trust him to keep his part of the deal ?

Yhe yin change pattern is hex 32 also referring to consistency and steadiness. The lack of these qualities is the only danger here.

Hex 2 , if it shows your position here shows you capable of sustaining a great deal so perhaps there is something in him slightly untrustworthy ?

I've a sense 'untrustworthy' may be too strong a term here...as the overall answer shows much benefit via this offer....but the attitude of consistency between you is very very important. I think you need to take care over that in order not to sustain loss after gain

If you are familiar with the book "The Wind in the Willows" 42.6 is so much like the character Toad of Toad Hall. Always looking for profit, his own profit, he falls into disgrace. Now where is a Toad like attitude here thats what you have to be aware of

although I have always liked Toad actually :D

Last edited:

leandroscardoso

visitor
Reaction score
I think everybody agrees with the attention that should be taken to the clarity of the question, this black space means you don't asked or you can't say here? Sorry, I don't understand.
I think the advice would be clear: 42 is increasing, will lead to an augmentation, you should proceed.
I have some unusual theories about the lines, and even more to the future hexagram, so is difficult to evalutate, but I imagine lines 1 and 5 are very good, there's the problem of the line 6, I could say it is outnumbered, but would be very rudimentar. Try to take care with things that represent the 6 place, superior things, conclusions, future. etc.

more help http://chinayinyang.wordpress.com/ http://www.hermetica.info/

gene

visitor
Reaction score
Too much weight is given to one individual line. Readings must be done as a unified whole. If line 6 did not change, the resulting hexagram would be twenty three, which would be a whole different matter. As it is we come to hexagram two which tells us to be receptive to the opportunity.

Line six indicates a situation in which we are not in harmony with the demands of the time. It is likely that it is by "not accepting the offer," we become disharmonious. When there are lines that appear to be in contradiction, we must go beyond the contradiction to understand the "demands of the time" reflected in the answer.

Gene

mryou1

visitor
Reaction score
I agree with Gene. Foremost it is important to look at the Hexagrams as a whole. And here you have Augmenting to Yin. Could almost be translated as "Benefit from yielding". Which is about as direct an answer you can get to your question.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Too much weight is given to one individual line. Readings must be done as a unified whole. If line 6 did not change, the resulting hexagram would be twenty three, which would be a whole different matter. As it is we come to hexagram two which tells us to be receptive to the opportunity.

Line six indicates a situation in which we are not in harmony with the demands of the time. It is likely that it is by "not accepting the offer," we become disharmonious. When there are lines that appear to be in contradiction, we must go beyond the contradiction to understand the "demands of the time" reflected in the answer.

Gene

Excuse me ? You seem to have devoted your post not to giving your own view but delivering a judgement on mine. My view of the reading is every bit as valid as yours.....I'm just wondering at the lecturing tone here about what 'we' must do :confused:

Anyway IMO line 6 is important here. If your view varies fair enough, give that, but please don't lecture me. Its not as if you know better. Really, it isn't and you don't.

I do look at the overall cast and use my sense of the whole thing. How you view it is up to you.

My feeling is line 6 is important here. If you do not agree give your view but don't spend the whole post in critique of my post. I certainly feel it would be foolish to ignore 42.6 here however good the overall augury and if 42.6 were not at all relevant it would not have been cast IMO.

Last edited:

gene

visitor
Reaction score
Trojan

I wasn't referring to you at all, just saying what I think the reading meant. I do not have any interest in judging other people's posts. Sorry it did not come across that way.

Gene

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I see. Sorry I thought you were in particular pointing out my interpretation.

Gives me a chance anyway to clarify I wasn't saying don't take the opportunity, I was only saying 'yes its a good opportunity but watch attitudes later on'. I saw this likley to be around repayment agreements and so on.

If I had cast this for this question I'd try quite hard to see that 42.6 in myself or the other in order to maintain the good fortune of the other lines. I don't find 42.6 to be an ethereal line....it makes itself felt IMO so I think one has to heed its warning

sattva

visitor
Reaction score
Thank You

Thanks for the wonderful replies.

My partner is very wealthy and likes to play rough. The terms will be important to follow because he can be ruthless and will take the company away if it fits into his needs. He could take it now if he wanted but he is not at all interested. This is out of his character to be so generous but we have a long term relationship and I have been honest and transparent in all our business activities and he trust me. He trusts no one. Sounds like the Toad in the story. He is ruthless and money hungry but sometimes I can respect his attitude.

So I guess what I'm hearing is do the deal but be cautious especially on payment terms or terms in general. Did I get your interpretations right?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the wonderful replies.

My partner is very wealthy and likes to play rough. The terms will be important to follow because he can be ruthless and will take the company away if it fits into his needs. He could take it now if he wanted but he is not at all interested. This is out of his character to be so generous but we have a long term relationship and I have been honest and transparent in all our business activities and he trust me. He trusts no one. Sounds like the Toad in the story. He is ruthless and money hungry but sometimes I can respect his attitude.

So I guess what I'm hearing is do the deal but be cautious especially on payment terms or terms in general. Did I get your interpretations right?

Well we differ in interpretation. I'd be more cautious than others have expressed. Gene said if 42.6 hadn't changed then hex 23 would be the 2nd hexagram so he sees 42.6 as less relevant, a means to the end of getting hex 2. I OTOH see hex 23 as a potential of the situation and, what looks to me like a fairly literal warning.

Only you know the situation in detail.....but doesn't 42.6 say words to the effect " he brings increase to no one and someone strikes him for his inconstancy of heart", ....and if i got this line re a large loan etc I would have the concern that what is increase now may be the opposite later. I'd be careful, but I'm not you and not in possession of all the facts.

What do you feel ? What do your instincts tell you ? There's no denying 42.1 shows an excellent time to go ahead with plans. Maybe its a good time to be aiming for, working at what you want to achieve....and possibly a ? over the means to the end

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I also might question how long the money would last....if it might quickly dissipate, that also can be an expression of 42.6. Lines 1 and 6 change which can show a situation being moved through fairly rapidly. I have mixed feelings about hex 2 as second hexagram...it can look like an empty space , a hole into which things can vanish. Well thats impressionistic...and i don't know you but if there's any danger money would dissipate as soon as it was gained its also worth thinking about.

Others don't see it this way. Anyway I'm sure you will come to the right decision for you :D

mary f

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
A little belated reply, but goes to reinforce Trojan's recommendation of caution. I won't discuss the idea expressed in the lines specifically, but just recall that while line 1 indicates how a situation starts and 6 closes the vibrations of the moment, associating the ideal attitude, line 2 can be seen as an internal mandate (not pure prediction). It responds to the 5th line that changes to 27, another yellow light.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).