...life can be translucent

Menu

27.1.2>4 for surgery

mazaru

visitor
Reaction score
My mum is 84 years old and recovering in the hospital from a pneumonia.
She also has had this two years ago and then the doctor said she has a zenker diverticle, that is kind of like a little bag on the outside of her gullet.
So the food doesn't go down the right way and she keeps coughing it up.

She didn't want an operation then.
But now she has no choice anymore.
She is going to get this operation, or she will die.
Her weight is 42 kilo's at the moment ( 84 pounds)

I asked the IC: "How will this operation on my mum work out?"

The answer was 27.1.2 leading to 4
I think it's pretty accurate to get 27. I associate this hex with food and the mouth.
But I don't get what line 1 and 2 are telling me.
Neither do I understand it leading to 4

Line 1 is talking about jalousy and not being satisfied with the things you have.
Now my mum is pretty grumpy lately, especially to the people closest to her.
Not really very strange, because being in a hospital is a good excuse for grumpyness.
But I don't see what that has to do with the operation.

Lise says about line 2 " give the excessive enough room to exist."
Could that mean that maybe the operation will only be a small succes? And maybe she will have to learn to live with some restrictions?

And that way the relating hex 4 could mean that maybe while doing the operation the doctors see something else?

I could really need some help with this.
Next monday we will have a familymeeting with the doctor who is going to do the examinations before the operation.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
How will this operation on my mum work out?
27.1.2 > 4

The magic tortoise (line 1) and hill (line 2) may be read as your mother's desire to have her own way. The surgery should have been done two years ago when she was younger and stronger. I understand hexagram 4 as a learning experience for your mother. I think the surgery will turn out well.

mazaru

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you pocassin. I hope you're right about the surgery turning out well. I will keep this thread updated.
I am a bit unsure, because my question was about the surgery, and the lines do sound not so positive.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
I agree that line 1 is not positive, but this condition should have been repaired sooner before your mother became so malnourished. Line 2 in Wilhelm is conditional and suggests to me that if repairs are made, the surgery will go well. She will be returning to the conventional path.

mazaru

visitor
Reaction score
Update:
Today the doctor told us that my mum didn't want the operation. So she has been put on a waitinglist to leave the hospital now and go to a place where she can rehabilitate. By the results of that there will be decided what the next step will be. Either go to a nursinghome or if she gains enough strenght again, go back to her own house.
The doctor told us that it's just a matter of time before my mum will have another pneunomia again.

When my mum heard that, she started hesitating again and said that maybe she will do the operation anyhow.

I asked the IC: What wil my mum decide to do?
12.2.4>59

I take that to mean that she will not have the operation and will accept the consequences of that decision.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).