...life can be translucent

Menu

34.6 > 14

beef

visitor
Reaction score
Hello all,
I asked Yi "I'm having trouble finding direction in my life. Any advice?" 34.6 > 14
I am very confused ... something great is on the way (14) ?
I'd be very very thankful for help and advice

D

diamanda

If you are a man, this means that you are/will be infatuated with a wonderful woman.
If you are a woman, this means you should totally abandon using force, and just enjoy your wonderful status of being bright and loved.

gene

visitor
Reaction score
beef

I would get the feeling from this reading that perhaps you are a little too headstrong. There are indeed times when we need to "bite through" and use force, but those times are limited. As a rule it is best for us to seek guidance (see hexagram two). Often the answers only come to us when we are "totally receptive to the will of heaven." It is best not to blindly push forward, but to seek guidance. (hexagram three line three) We do not seek everything with only the conscious mind. To be truly successful, we must allow our inner consciousness to guide us through intuition, or such means. Too much obstinacy can be like "a goat butting its head against the thorns and getting entangled. We must be humble and allow our deeper mind to guide us, and not try to force issues.

Hope this helps

Gene

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
If you are a man, this means that you are/will be infatuated with a wonderful woman.
If you are a woman, this means you should totally abandon using force, and just enjoy your wonderful status of being bright and loved.

Diamanda your post caught me by surprise . . would you care to share a bit more about it?

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
Hello all,
I asked Yi "I'm having trouble finding direction in my life. Any advice?" 34.6 > 14

You won't find it by choking the living sh*t out of it. Life is funny that way.

And when asking for directions it's always better to have a destination in mind first. So set your goals, lose your angst, and then set your course to reaching them and your full potential.

D

diamanda

Hi Dora,

In my opinion, 34 is pretty much a 'male' hexagram, and 14 a 'female' one.

And in my experience 34.6, when it is about a man, it means he cannot continue with any bullying/forcing techniques, as the girl 'possesses' him, he respects her, he's in love.

Likewise, if the answer applies to a woman, she should stop any 'male' forceful techniques, and just let her light shine (14).

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all,
I am very confused ... something great is on the way (14) ?
I'd be very very thankful for help and advice

Hi Dora,

And in my experience 34.6, when it is about a man, it means he cannot continue with any bullying/forcing techniques, as the girl 'possesses' him, he respects her, he's in love.

Likewise, if the answer applies to a woman, she should stop any 'male' forceful techniques, and just let her light shine (14).

but why do you see this question as about romantic love ? The question is about direction in life.

D

diamanda

but why do you see this question as about romantic love ? The question is about direction in life.

The question was about direction in life indeed.

If the answer was something like 42, it would mean to me that the direction is focus on work. If it was something more philosophical like, say, 61, I'd say focus on your core beliefs. If it was something like 56, I'd say move house, change direction, or travel, and so on and so forth.

To me 34 and 14, especially presented together like this, sound like describing a man and a woman, and thus the direction in life, the way it sounds to me, is something to do with a relationship. Of course there could be hundreds of other interpretations, however this was the one prevalent to me as a gut feeling, and, voila!

curious1

visitor
Reaction score
Hi
Your question is very wide and without much context. Here is how I read this, but I am fairly new at this too and normally only do reading for myself and friends. Please comment as it helps the learning process. I hope the more senior members will comment.

Hex 33 is retreat/drawing back, Hex 34 is “to move with perserverance” It is formed with Quin at the bottom (perseverance) and Zhen on top (to move). Hex 35 becomes prosper/expand. In that order.

Hex 34 is a strong hex as long as the responsibilities implied are not ignored.
Hex 34: It is time to get moving, but hex 34 warns that you need to manage your attitude and how you express your personal power. (male energy) If you find yourself in a leadership or management position, it is recommended that you contemplate your actions carefully and with responsibility or you will get stuck with no-where to go. If you are too rigid or push things too far, you will meet huge opposition or deadlocks. But I feel the opposite may be more accurate for you. It could mean that you are not suppose to ignore or underestimate your own influence and power with false modesty or a weak presence. You are suppose to be the strong centre that draws others to you. Your actions are not suppose to be weak or inhibited.
Line 6 : you can get stuck with no-where to go and masculine strength is gone. Any move you make, may cause conflict within yourself or within your environment. Reflect on yourself and the crisis will lift. When the 6th line becomes male again, (strong) the Hex changes to 14 – Great possessions.

Hex 14 means abundant possessions or possessed by all. Hex 14 is wealth without greed; possession without desire. Do people around you perhaps value you for the fact that you are not hugely competitive and therefore not a threat to others? Do they tend to be more aggressive? The inner hex 43 makes it seem like there may be a crisis developing here around sincerity and trust, someone should appreciate those who helped him get prosperous. You are advised to stay attentive to all your affairs.

beef

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for responding. I have found them all to be very insightful and relevant to my situation.
This year,I went through one of the hardest times in my life and it really affected me mentally and physically.There are many obstacles and problems with my job.
I'm also really, really anxious.
and then love problems (but I had asked that question here a few days ago )

Last edited:

beef

visitor
Reaction score
Hi everyone!,
Today i asked the I Ching,
'What do I most need to know about my life,in general?'
50.6 - 32
Well,
Its an auspicious reading!seems pretty positive to me.

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Dora,

Thanks Diamanda - actually, a while after posting here I remembered a time when I'd gotten that line for a boy-meets-girl scenario. The plot was somewhat complicated though so he couldn't make a move . . when I'd asked what was his place in everything, 34.6 had come up. Perhaps 14 also means 'win some, lose some' when drawn in this combination

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).