...life can be translucent

Menu

2nd hexagram and time

kitkat1

visitor
Reaction score
Is there a time limit that you can expect the 2nd hexagram to occur?
for example, I asked if my finances would improve in the month of Nov. 2012 and received 29.1 29.4>58>37 My finances did not improve but...because the 2nd hexagram is 58, this shows possibility of future event..correct?
also for example, I asked if something would occur in nov. 2012 and received
53.6,53.1>63, it hasnt happened yet and we are in dec. now, because i received the 63 as my second hexagram, can I hope it will occur? i dont think Yi would give us a prediction of something that we have to wait a yr for, correct? hopefully within months?

(just a little note on how accurate Yi is, I asked about my son's medical results, and received 5>58>37, yes, we were waiting, when we did see the dr., it was great news! ,58) I really appreciate the time people take to help understanding Iching. thankyou.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Welcome to Clarity, Kitkat1. It is easier to read 53.6,53.1>63 (hexagram 53 with lines 1 and 6 changing) if written as 53.1.6 > 63. There are differing opinions about how the two hexagrams are to be interpreted. I often do interpret the first hexagram as the present situation of the querent and the second as the future situation, but some say that the second hexagram should be understood as the background of the present situation. Actually, there are differing opinions on every aspect of the I Ching. Some are opposed to yes/no questions, and some think the I Ching should be used for philosophy and not prediction. The good thing about all this differing is that no matter what you think, you may find someone who agrees with you :)

Will x occur in nov. 2012?
53.1.6 > 63

I wouldn't take this casting as a Yes because 53 is Gradual Progess and doesn't suggest a sudden change, but if there were a marked agreement between the situation and the imagery of the hexagram, I might think differently. Also the Judgment of 63 ends with "At the end disorder", suggesting that the outcome will not be advantageous.

kitkat1

visitor
Reaction score
Thankyou pocossin I have alot to learn. whenever i would receive 58 or 63 as a 3nd or 2nd hexagram, i would believe in a good outcome.

mryou1

visitor
Reaction score
So, do you cast three times for the same question? Or something else? I'm a bit confused, but intrigued. I've never seen this method before.

But as to a time period that Hex 2 is associated with, there are 12 calender hexagrams which correspond to 12 different months and 2 is actually one of those which denotes the period between November and December.

edit: ok, I thought you were referring to Hex 2. But you meant the 2nd hexagram out of 3. Again, I'd like to learn your process here, sounds interesting. But 58 isn't a calender month, but could be somewhat related to either 34 (March to April) or 43 (April to May)

Last edited:

kitkat1

visitor
Reaction score
i meant when i receive the relating hexagram 58 or relating hexagram 63

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
Is there a time limit that you can expect the 2nd hexagram to occur?

We can expect all we want, but I don't think there's a single specific answer to your question. There are methods which deal with time-lines but I'm of no help there, because I don't place the changing/relating hexagram somewhere in a specific time necessarily. Often it sets the stage for the show, which means it sometimes comes sequentially before the primary hexagram, or at least presents a synchronistic image, which for me is an 'in the moment of now' kind of thing.

Perhaps someone with timeline techniques may step up with a better answer for you.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).