...life can be translucent

Menu

Help regarding self discovery

akath19

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all:

Recently a dear friend of mine told me that she's become a prisoner of her own feelings and doesn't even know why she does the things she does, which is troubling because she has bailed out on her friends sometimes just because she felt like she needed to do it.

Today when had lunch with some of her friends, she was quiet the whole time, you could tell she had something big in her mind, yet she didn't say a word, she even got up and left for about 30 min in which we thought she wasn't coming back, but she came back and we had lunch.

After that she told me that she didn't knew why she did that and she did wanted to know why she does the things she does, I of course love her very much and would like to help her so I asked Yi "How can I help X know herself?" thinking about some sort of journey of self discovery and got 37.2.5 > 26.

Now, normally I would give my own basic interpretation, but honestly I didn't get this one AT ALL, I've also read a lot of threads here about spiritual topics and this is my first reading regarding that, so I defer to the experts.

Thanx for hearing (reading?) me out.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
How can I help X know herself?
37.2.5 > 26

Obscure impulses often have their roots in early family life (37). There was something in the lunch situation that resembled earlier experiences and triggered her reaction. You can help X know herself by identifying the common anxiety-provoking factor in situations from which she mysteriously withdraws.

akath19

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you for your response pocossin, I was starting to think the thread was going to get buried.

It's interesting that you mention that, we've talked about mental health issues and her family and the way she grew up has come up, it turns out when she was growing up she wasn't allowed to speak or express herself unless was "contributing in some way" so that probably stifled her development.

I was wondering if you could give me some more information about your interpretation (even thought it's extremely accurate), partially because I want to learn and I find hexagram 26 particularly difficult, partially because I've repeatedly gotten 37 when asking questions about her and I.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
she wasn't allowed to speak or express herself unless was "contributing in some way"

That was repressive, and I doubt it was limited it just speaking.

I find hexagram 26 particularly difficult

My primary understanding of hexagram 26 is 'collection', the idea expressed in the Image:

Heaven within the mountain:
The image of the Taming Power of the Great.
Thus the superior man acquaints himself with many sayings of antiquity
And many deeds of the past,
In order to strengthen his character thereby.

And that is the source of my notion that if you study the situations where X has withdrawn, you could discover a common factor.

akath19

visitor
Reaction score
That was repressive, and I doubt it was limited it just speaking.

You're probably right, I suspect it was far reaching, in fact currently she lives with her mother and she frowns upon all forms of art, so she can't dance or sing or anything like that when her mother's around

My primary understanding of hexagram 26 is 'collection', the idea expressed in the Image:

Heaven within the mountain:
The image of the Taming Power of the Great.
Thus the superior man acquaints himself with many sayings of antiquity
And many deeds of the past,
In order to strengthen his character thereby.

And that is the source of my notion that if you study the situations where X has withdrawn, you could discover a common factor.

I see what you mean there, so if I could summarize the reading in a phrase I'd say "Through analysis the past, we can heal the future", I'm curious about the lines, I see line 2 as not me not caring about anyone other than her and her well being and line 5 as me approaching this in a caring and "familiar" sort of way.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
I see line 2 as not me not caring about anyone other than her and her well being and line 5 as me approaching this in a caring and "familiar" sort of way.

Yes, considering that the question was about how you could help, that fits.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).