...life can be translucent

Menu

To skydive or not to skydive?

mistique

visitor
Reaction score
Hi there,

I have always been fascinated with the idea of flying - being in the air and enjoying a good free fly. Relatively recently I decided to make this dream come true by taking up skydiving. All good and nice with one small detail: more than 10 years back I had a shoulder injury (dislocation); although it doesn't create problems during normal daily activities, while in a free fall (parachute closed) at a speed of approx. 200km/h the shoulder has a good probability to pop out as all the pressure is on the upper arms. I know (from my experience) that the risk of getting the shoulder injured in the air can be minimized by following a strict physical exercise program, yet after my last wind tunnel simulation (when I was not in my best shape) I got quite depressed as I had to ask for the interruption of the session due to severe shoulder pain. Note: I started with skydiving simulation in the wind tunnel in order to see if I really liked it before going for the real deal.

My question to the oracle was:
Should i pursue skydiving as a sport considering my shoulder injury?
and got 4.2 changing to 23.

I read in other posts that 4 is about learning through experience, do it and you will see it/ decide yourself, while "23 emerging from this 04 focus reflects a development of a need for housekeeping - to get the house 'in order' " - for me it is about committing to an adequate program that will help strengthen the shoulder and core muscles, take responsibility for my situation, and when ready I can take up skydiving as a sport.

What would your interpretation be for 4.2? Any personal experiences that could help me have a better understanding of the advice?

Thank you so much :bows:

lslater

visitor
Reaction score
Gotta look at the relating hex and relating line as well as the first hex and changing line. So 23.2 is just as important to look at as 4.2...

Here is Wilhelm's interpretation of 23.2:

Six in the second place means:

The bed is split at the edge.
Those who persevere are destroyed.
Misfortune.

The power of the inferior people is growing. The danger draws close to one's person; already there are clear indication, and rest is disturbed. Moreover, in this dangerous situation one is as yet without help or friendly advances from above or below. Extreme caution is necessary in this isolation. One must adjust to the time and promptly avoid the danger. Stubborn perseverance in maintaining one's standpoint would lead to downfall.

That is pretty straightforward!

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Gotta look at the relating hex and relating line as well as the first hex and changing line. So 23.2 is just as important to look at as 4.2...

:confused: No it isn't. If 23.2 were the answer then 23.2 would have been cast.

Its this fan yao gone wild again :rolleyes: The fan yao is not meant to be used as the answer. All it does is throw some light on the answer. In my opinion it often shows what the answer is not

Anyway I really don't think one can cast 4.2 and then say 23.2 means 'no don't do it'....

so what about 4.2 ? I'm very vague about 4.2 but it does say the son can take care of the household. I think the idea is you allow the unknowing playful side of you to take charge, to take risks. So I think it favours you going ahead with your sky diving...and i think it favours risk (within your own common sense bounds of course)

It would be a risk letting the child run the home but this line says its good to do that now

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Should I pursue skydiving as a sport considering my shoulder injury?
4.2 > 23

I don't think so. Reading the 'women' of line 2 as your arms, the line suggests special care for them. Also, the hexagrams are visually inauspicious. Hexagram 4 looks like a body (Kan) suspended from a parachute (Ken), while in hexagram 24 the body under the parachute is in parts, suggesting another dislocation.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).