...life can be translucent

Menu

56.1.6 > 55 relationship

B

blue_angel

Hi all,
I asked "what has happened between X and me?" I received hexagram 56.1.6 changing to 55. I have to admit I am a little emotional and nervous about this so I don't trust myslf to read without help or guidance.

Last edited:
B

blue_angel

Well to me it says I traveled to see this person. I was very excited and had an amazing time, lots of laughing but now I cry out and weep? As our advancing relationship is some how now in a state of decline? Anyone else have any insight here? Another perspective to the lines. I have no idea what happened. Its funny for me... life is forver changing and a surprise as I try to find balance and learn the tao. Seems when I feel everything is wrong, all of a sudden its great! And when I feel everything is great, all of a sudden its not. Seems I have so much more to learn. I'm so happy I found this clarity sight. Brings me some feeling of peace.

M

mirian

Dear blue angel,

I had a very personal experience with 56.6 in the past and, actually reading your post was some sort of deja vu. I am not going to interpret your reading, I am a bit too close to this subject, but I really want to share what I learnt because it might help you to understand your own situation.

What I found out about 56.6 -in a relationship context- is that you are dealing with a situation in which there are elements that you are not fully aware of. Remember, the wanderer (56) is like a foreigner in a strange land, so you are not completely familiar with your surroundings. You are not familiar with the way the "locals" behave and you can inadvertently brake rules that you didn't even know that existed. So, you are away from your own territory. This is metaphorically speaking (sometimes it is literal, but that is not the case we are dealing here). So, you try your best to fit in, you try to do what you think that you are supposed to do in this strange territory but things are not quite the way you think.

Hex 56 is not good for relationships at best of times and line 6 is particularly adverse.
By sharing my experience, I am hoping that you can identify in your story what might have happened and make the best decision for you.

Sorry to be the bearer of not so good news.

Take care :bows:

B

blue_angel

Well thank you for sharing. I am still not so sure on this reading. At all. I guess time will tell. I will be sure to post an update. It will be interesting if the way it turns out has something similar to your experience. When I think of the wanderer, I think of myself. I am in a different place than my home. Literally. I am still not accustomed to the way of the locals here and the career I was hoping to achieve seems to not be the one for me after all or either not the right time or place... (which is why I am here in this place in the first place). I am also a wanderer as in exploring the tao and this new sight. Also I traveled to see this person recently and last but not least, his way of thinking is completely opposite from the way I have thought. As well as this site. Almost like I am on an entire journey through completely new land and territory. Beliefs I was raised with I am having to undo and learn new ways and how to be more open to different perspectives and possibilities and its far from easy. Thank you any how for your reply and attempt in helping me answer my question and reading. :)

B

blue_angel

Mirian,
It wouldn't be a bearer of bad news. I just want to learn the hexes and lines and how they relate to our lives. I get nervous but at the same time, I truly believe that if this is the one for me, it will be. If not then I had an amazing time and learned so much and I know there will be something better waiting if they decide not to be there. Thank you. Hope 2013 is great for you. :)

B

blue_angel

Would you be willing to share your experience? It might help.

gene

visitor
Reaction score
blue angel

It is not likely to be any revelation to you that men and women do not play by the same set of social rules. And sometimes men never find out what is causing trouble between them and women. If you are female, then the same could be happening in reverse. I suspect you violated some social rule that you are not aware of, that only makes sense to the opposite sex.

Line six speaks of someone who is heedless and imprudent when building his nest. (When attempting in this case to build a relationship.) The idea of "forgetting that you are a wanderer suggests to me that perhaps you took the relationship a little too much for granted, and didn't realize there were intermediate steps. You may have acted as if it were a "confirmed" relationship when actually it was in a "trial" phase. The commentary in book three says, "...neglects all too much the duties of a "wanderer.' " This suggests to me that you took yourself more to be a "given" than a "question mark." I hope this makes some sense, although it still probably doesn't give you a lock on the details of what happened. When did you first notice a distancing?

Then finally, when you were laughing and joking, was anything said that could have been misinterpreted? There may be a lack of communication here, and a terrible misunderstanding. At any rate, I wouldn't put too much stock on reviving this relationship, although anything is possible. I just think somebody got hurt and misunderstood something completely.

On another note, the first line and sixth are far away from each other, indicating distancing perhaps in miles as well as emotionally. The first line is yin, the sixth is yang, but they are too far away (maybe not in miles but emotionally) to really relate, and they are both in incorrect places. Fire burns the grass on the mountain. The mountain would be the male, fire would be the female. This part may or may not relate, but usually, fire is the result of a "match being struck so to speak, which creates the fire." I would look at everything that was said, and see where the first indicators appeared.

Gene

B

blue_angel

Well Gene,
Thank you very much for your insight. My main objective of being here is to learn the lines and hexes and learn all and anything I can. So this is good. I still can not seem to relate this line. Its possible I said something that created a misunderstanding but for the life of me I can not think of what, and yes social rules... I still have a lot to learn there. I finally talked to this person. I will just call x my friend for now. My friend says they left messages for me, apparently I never received. All is well, nothing is wrong. Before I talked to my friend, I had asked "what is happening between us" I got 22 unchanging. Some time ago I had asked "do we share the same vision?" I got 61.5 > 41. Now that I talked to my friend I asked "where do we go from here?" I got 13.5 to 30. Communication / clarity would be great with my friend. At times we connect great and communication is achieved. Other times not so much. The thing was before I went to see my friend I was getting a lot of 53 hexagrams along with 32 hexagrams. So maybe I read them wrong or maybe it was my communication that was off. I was looking at us as making very gradual, slow progress, into something either, friendship or relationship that would be enduring/ lasting. But when I got 56.1.6 to 55, I was like huh? Either way its good to be learning. Thank you for your time, I appreciate it.

gene

visitor
Reaction score
blue angel

By your last post, I would suggest that you are obsessing a little too much over this, trying to read something into every little thing that is said and done, and then over reading on the I Ching. The I Ching is a tool, but it has its limits, and continual questions on the same subject only muddy the waters. So at this point, I would put the I Ching away, on this subject at least, and try to live your life, and just allow it to flow. Believe me, I have done this myself in the past, and it only leads to confusion. You are going to have to play it by ear for a while, and just let it flow, without trying to figure out where the relationship lies, or psychologize the other persons emotions, or try to figure out where you stand, but just let it do its thing. This is the best advice I can give you at this time.

Gene

B

blue_angel

Gene,
You hijacked my mind. I was just thinking the very thoughts you just wrote down. You're quite right. Sundays rest my mind day any how. Thank you.:)

canislulu

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
blueangel,

I have a couple of things to say about your reading. The first thing comes from my own personal experience of 56.1. I received that recently in answer to a question and I understood 'fragmented and bitty" in the context of the question I asked to mean that I was asking too many small questions instead of looking at the big picture. This is in essence what gene has told you above and what you have already come to yourself.

But I also have a hunch about 56.6 in the context of your question and I would like to see if it resonates with you. While I think that asking "what happened" is a good question when we are unclear about an interaction I am wondering if a better question for you on this particular subject is "What now?" I get the impression that you already are clear about what happened. You visited your friend and you had a good time. Is that true? I am wondering that in this particular case the line "The bird burns down its nest" is calling you to consider taking a step so that this no longer has to be a relationship that requires travel. Is it possible that what sounds like a long distance relationship is serious enough to call for one of you to "burn down their nest" and make a change so that there no longer has to be "traveling people"? In this particular context could it be that "traveling people first laugh", i.e., you travel to see the other and have a good time, but that if you continue to have to travel you "afterwards cry out and weep. Lose cattle in Yi"? Perhaps I am totally off the mark. I haven't read your previous posts so I don't really know the context of your question. This is just a hunch I have from reading the little bits of info you given on this particular thread.

I also have an experience of 56.6. But the context was completely different. I think the line can mean very different things depending on the context. My situation was that I was in a transition between jobs and housesitting for a friend who was going to sell the house. (She had bought it for her mother who had since moved into a nursing home.) I was going to housesit until the house was sold. But then my "friend" gave my an ultimatum and told me that I either had to buy the house or move out as soon as possible. I asked he if she were willing to let me rent it with the option to buy. This made the most sense to me because I didn't want to commit to purchasing a house until I had secured employment. She wouldn't agree to that option. I asked about the situation and received 56.6. (There may have been other changing lines, but this is the one I remember.) I was approved for a loan to buy the house but I didn't really want to. In an interaction with the owner I became angry and then she wasn't willing to work with me and I had to move out suddenly. I had also received hexagram 41 in response to a question about that time. (I don't remember the exact question and I don't have access to the journal.) When it was all said and done I felt as though Yi was telling me to Decrease my anger and warning me that I was at risk for "burning down my resting place."

Still, I am wondering if in the context of your situation 56.6 is advising you to consider a move. (Or am I not understanding your particular context?)

And also, what about the relating/resultant hexagram, 55? In HIlary's book she says key questions for Hexagram 55 are "What are you called on to do? What decisions must you take now?"

If you consider 55 as a resultant Hexagram, Yi could be answering "You traveled and met with Abundance." The "afterwards cry" bit could perhaps be a "parting is such sweet sorrow" moment and not a huge loss?

Last edited:
B

blue_angel

!!!! Be still my heart... as my grandmother would say :D

Callingcrane!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! That makes perfect sense! I've been contemplating moving closer so we no longer have to travel. Oh gosh, I can't believe it. Yes, we have traveled each time to see each, each time having such a wonderful time. So incredible, and then we part, going back to our homes and weep and weep, :rofl:not knowing how long it will be before we enjoy each others company in person. Thank you so much. Truly amazing. Why couldn't I see something so simple, right in my face.

canislulu

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
... all the above being said... you might also want to check out with x what it would feel like if you did move closer. Or have you already had this discussion?

B

blue_angel

Everything is so clear now. I was so stuck. What a relief. My heart is excited again and tension is released from my shoulders. I finally have a direction. This is great forum. I have to tell you, at one point I started getting 4 as my answer. I can imagine the iching saying to me, "look I aswered you already, clear as day, but you are so ignorant, and small, not looking at the big picture, you can't read my answers." Then at one point I received an answer, I can't remember which hex but it went something like "don't worry, a master will come and light the way" way cool. Way cool.

B

blue_angel

Yes, actually we have discussed this, but the way I understood was eventually at a future date, both of us would move to the same area, if everything continued as it has been. Gradual progress... Going good... the thing is I am at a stand still in my career/job here so I think I will bring this up. I will let you know how everything turns out!! And... I'm sure I will be back to ask advice of other areas of life. Feels so good tho, like I'm in a boat flowing with the current. Finally, I'm not fighting the current for breathe. :)

gene

visitor
Reaction score
Callingcrane

That was an excellent answer to blue angel. Once I saw that several readings had already been done on this, I realized things may not be exactly as I had perceived them to be, and that the original situation may have been misinterpreted.

blue angel

I am glad that all this has come to light and that things are beginning to get in focus, and you can move forward. Sometimes the answers aren't clear if the mind is not clear about the question in the first place. It is so easy to misperceive things when our mind is not clear, and to think there is a problem when there is not. It looks like you got some really good help from calling crane. I did mention in my post the distance. At the time I thought it more likely was an emotional distance, but the mile distance makes more sense now.

Gene

B

blue_angel

Yes Gene, when you said mile distance, it kept ringing in my head, but yes, I guess I let myself get so confused. Actually to be honest I looked at weeping and burning the nest and thought negative right away, like oh crap. Without really looking at the answer and question. Much better now. And a lesson learned.

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Mmh.. it would be interested to know how it actually went :mischief:
I just got this line and doesn't make me think it means to get closer. I mean it still says pitfall!

Any experience anyone?

:bows:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).