...life can be translucent

Menu

followup on 62.6 Help please

jbutler

visitor
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This is a followup on thread http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?t=16246 concerning my book which will be published in April. I ask the Yi this morning: Tell me something useful about my book. The response is 39.2 > 38. This is scaring the daylights out of me. RL Wing says: Because you serve a larger cause, whether you realize it or not, you are obligated to meet OBSTACLES head on and overcome them... What obstacles? Are they as simple as getting a copyright, and ISBN registration and all that? Are these the obstacles, or is it something more dramatic? This is all new to me, so I have no idea what OBSTACLES Yi is referring to. Wing also states, ...this is the proper approach for extraordinary causes. There will be no blame. Sounds good to a degree, but so dramatic.

Another thought is that my book may affect some people and they may require me to publish more books. This is good news. The obstruction here is that I may have to be duty bound to my readership, which a gladly accept in service to them.

The trouble with this hexagram is that the later lines make it sound like we should avoid obstacles. But obstacles are good. They make us grow and change and push us to new heights of accomplishments. Mt Everest was a huge obstacle, but it was climbed and inspired many people to never quit.

Last edited:

mryou1

visitor
Reaction score
39.2 is 48, not 38. I'm assuming that's what you meant (rather than all lines changing).

The immediate idea I get is: You're forced to face this situation, which naturally causes you stress, but latent in this is the potential to take control of the situation and use it to your advantage.

This comes from 39 being about the mountain behind you (you can't turn back now, you're too far into this), and being forced to face the dangerous waters ahead of you. And the potential hexagram superimposed on this, about the wood (sometimes thought of as a rope, a pole, a bucket... but in all cases an instrument you can use) drawing up the water and using it for your own purposes.

Line 2 could be translated as:

The king, and all the servants who serve him, proceed with a heavy limp.
This is due to the anxiety that they store in their bodies.

jbutler

visitor
Reaction score
Yes, that is true mryou1, i do feel anxiety, but I also feel excited. If there were a limp, it would be time, money, unsure about the process, who to trust, not knowing enough people to help and so on. All of this seems normal to me. who wouldn't feel a state of anxiety associated with this kind of growth. I definitely do. I am limping, but I am able to lift the ladle and draw on a deeper source to help me. This seems all to obvious to me and as the question states, tell me something useful about my book.

Thank you for your response. :)

I hope others have something to say too to further clarify this for me.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).