...life can be translucent

Menu

Lets talk about Hex 49

S

seeker

Hex 5 seems to have disappeared from my readings and I am now seeing alot of hex 49. Most recently I got 49.1.3.4.5 to 2 when I asked what to do regarding my divorce. I believe it is warning me not to let my anger get the best of me, that I need to stay true to what I know to be right regardless of how nasty he gets. Vindictiveness is not a characteristic of the superior man.

Any other thoughts greatly appreciated, but I am really interested in dissecting the HEx itself like we did with Hex 5. That discussion has done more for my understanding of that particular hex than any books or online interpretations I have read. I have had hex 49 several times in the last week, so I figure I am moving into a different phase and want to learn as much about it as I can.

stuart

visitor
Reaction score
The hexigram i think means some sort of revolution.Maybe out with the old in with the new.Your moving lines seem to suggest remaining safe and not making any hasty moves.Talk of revolution three times and clear guide lines could be refering to the divorce procedure.Perhaps eventually you will get the agreement you need.I do think it suggests not to be to hasty.Looking ahead the hexigram configeration shows things will eventually move in the right direction towards harmony.I think you should allow people the free will to leave if they want to.This also applies to any new relationship; then you can be with who has chosen to be with you through love and sincerity.

S

seeker

Lise describes it as skinning, casting off what is obsolete, so I think you're right. But I am wondering what is different about this hex and 23 Splitting Apart.

ella

visitor
Reaction score
49: People kick out their leader. Overthrow of an old (decadent?) regime. Revolution. Something old has run its course. The intention is to install a new regime. 23 is about splitting apart between Yin and Yang, the point of complete destruction. Usually this is a process you better suffer passively instead of fighting it and hurting yourself thereby.
You asked how you should approach the divorce. I don?t think, destruction is what you are looking for. Suffering this new phase in your life passively is not the right approach either.
My first thought was: Install a new, fresh and much healthier way of thinking about relationships and this institution called marriage. Maybe the both of you are like fire and water, one trying to overwhelme the other? Or, could it be, that you have a very ?watery? , emotional, soft and nourishing side and at the same time are a forceful, dedicated and logical person?
From your words I take, that you are inclined to be a perfectionist. The strive for perfection and feelings of guilt or beeing not good enough usually go hand in hand. Don?t try to be perfect. Just be,that?s all. Like the earth, like Hex 2.
I think it would be a good idea when consulting the Iching to distinguish between your inner approach/development and the legal, practical side of things.
When I recieve 4 moving lines I tend to concentrate on the advice of the remaining 2 unmoving lines. In your case line 2 and 6.
I wish you strenght. All the best for you.

ella

visitor
Reaction score
How shall I fix my computer-problem?
49: don't try to fix it, install new software and system
23: throw it out, beyond repair (and you can't afford a new one)
5: don't fix it, wait and look, the next step will present itself.
16: plugged ?

RindaR

visitor
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Seeker,

I'm wondering if 49 is coming up more often because you are at a time when you are moving from one stage of your life into another, LiSe uses the image of a snake shedding it's skin. That happens when it's outgrown it's old one, and can't happen before that. If the skin comes off too soon - before that layer dies and is ready to peel off - the snake would be miserable, in pain and in danger. If it did not split and allow new growth, again, the poor snake would at the very least be miserable.

Perhaps another image for this stage (though less earthy and perhaps not as potent) might be the splitting of a chrysalis as the butterfly emerges.

It's something that might appear to happen in a matter of an instant, and yet it has been building all through the life of the creature... which is soon to be lovely and free in a new way, in a new dimension.

Rinda

S

seeker

If you read the meditation I listed on my other post, you will see that you nailed it quite well. Part of the meditiation was that the stripping away, and both 49 and 23 have those indications, was not about X or my husband, but me. I have to strip away things in myself that no longer suit me. Trouble is, I have no idea how. My inner self so far is no help, it tells me what I need to do, but not how, same from Yi. Guess I will just keep asking until I find the answer from one or the other, or both.

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
There is a big difference between 49 and 23. In 49 removing the skin is necessary for renewal, for a new life. From under the old skin a new snake comes forth, complete. In 23 everything which is not durable is cut away, and only the essence is left. From there one would need to build up all over again.
So 23 often gives a feeling of loss, but 49 rather of renewal.
I think you should not concentrate on what you want to get rid of, but on what you expect from yourself, or from life. Focus on your new self. The character for the snake is very similar to the one for ?self? and also ?fetus?. So much similar that they probably have been mixed up many times, and maybe they are originally all the same character.

LiSe

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).