...life can be translucent

Menu

thesis: what to do?

deusa

visitor
Reaction score
I was helping a friend with a decision:
what are the consequences of finishing the thesis withing the appointed time?
46 unchanged

what are the consequences of delaying the conclusion fo the thesis?
29.6 > 59

now, i would say she should give it in the appointed time, althoug if she delays it there are still possibilities that all goes fine.
what do you seniors say? she is really stressed with this thing, and i want to help her, but i'm VERY junior...

thanks

deusa

visitor
Reaction score
Gosh, i'm so proud of myself!
Re-reading hilary's words it become very clear to me:
It is best to give the thesis in it's due time. It will be hard work and she will need, and should seek, the help of her tutors, but she will ascend, all will be fine.
If she delays the date, the situation will repeat next to the other due date. And in the mean time she will disperse herself in other matters (specially family) gaining not much from it...

What do you think about this newbie reading?
It is easier to read to others then to oneself!!

Ichingtarot

visitor
Reaction score
Submit the thesis on time

Deusa, trust your instinct. IMO the better path is to submit the thesis on time.

long yi

visitor
Reaction score
Two cent worth opinion

Your hexagram analysis (6 line method)

Date of reading:2013年01月28日03时23分
神煞:天乙—丑未 福星—寅 日禄—寅 羊刃—卯 驿马—申 桃花—卯 华盖—戌

干支:壬辰年 癸丑月 甲午日 丙寅时
旬空:午未  寅卯  辰巳  戌亥

Year: chen earth
Month: Chou earth (empty: yin wood)
Day: Wu fire
Hour: yin wood

六神  伏神    震宫:地风升 
         【本 卦】
玄武       ▅▅ ▅▅ 官鬼癸酉金 officer - you metal 
白虎       ▅▅ ▅▅ 父母癸亥水 parent - hai water 
滕蛇 子孙庚午火 ▅▅ ▅▅ 妻财癸丑土 世 asset - chou earth (hidden line; children wu fire)
勾陈       ▅▅▅▅▅ 官鬼辛酉金 officer - you metal 
朱雀 兄弟庚寅木 ▅▅▅▅▅ 父母辛亥水 parent - hai water (hidden line: sibling yin wood)
青龙       ▅▅ ▅▅ 妻财辛丑土 应 asset - chou earth

福星—寅 happiness star - yin wood
日禄—寅 career star - yin wood
天乙—丑未 mentor/helper - chou earth

The thesis document star is line 2 and 5. Your friend is debating whether to get it done.
Hai water sits empty in her heart. She has no confidence in herself.

The asset line under line 2 is her or him. It is yin wood. Since this is the empty slot underneath the professors in charge or school. At present, it does not look good that she can do it.

However, Feb 4 is the month of yin wood. This fills the empty spot. Teachers will turn helpful towards her.

There are two females in line 1 and 4 chou earth, both are helpful individuals in her career life. This can be her friends or female teachers etc.

Try to get it done by Aug 2013 (month of shen metal - horse movement 驿马—申) and graduate.

Hexagam 46 is like a tree. It grows because you water the tree and give it light.
The career line is line 3/6, and also the supervisor to this person. By March 4 or after, you will also see movement in the officer line for the career.

Writing thesis: no pain, no gain. It you are organized, you can write the first draft of an entire Ph.D. thesis in about 6 weeks (15 hr day). The rest of the time will be graphic, typing and review etc. Of course, you need help from mentors and friends to proof read. There may be some setback in the month of June. Be cool.

forty two

visitor
Reaction score
@Long Yi: Seems that you decided to teach now ;) Great, many thanks :) This helps a lot!!! Thanks also for the translation and the using of the original terms of Wen Wang Gua. That`s very clear, sharp and easy to follow. A lot of Wen Wang Gua students will benefit from your readings. Probably I have to say "sorry". Sorry for thinking that you are an egoist. I see I was wrong. Keep up the good job :)

Best wishes Yvonne :bows:

deusa

visitor
Reaction score
Hello
My friend gave her thesis. It was a tiring thing, one of the females behaved rather badly, being unhelpful but she was able to overcome her criticism and kept a good relationship with her.
It was reaaaaly an upward walk, but she is very happy she did it!
She also has a husband and two little girls who were a bit help, accpeting her "non-presence" for all these months...
Thanks for your help back then.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).