...life can be translucent

Menu

loss of brakes 38.1>64

G

goddessliss

Good evening,

One day my brakes on the car were working fine the next day not.

Why have I had a sudden loss of brakes on the kombi

Hex 38.1>64

Line 1 - do they sort themselves out? that would be weird

thks

Liss

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Why have I had a sudden loss of brakes on the kombi?
38.1 > 64

Looking at the trigrams, Dui = fluid leak. Li = cylinder/seals by shape. You have a fluid leak from a brake cylinder and loss of hydraulic pressure (64). Line 1 by position suggests the back wheels. Check the ground where the kombi was parked for signs of a leak. I'd take the text of line 1 as, Don't worry about it. It isn't a major expense. And to apply this personally, have you checked your blood pressure lately?

long yi

visitor
Reaction score
No Iching analysis, but a few tips for brakes
1. Check the level of the brake fluid, fill it up immediately if it is low.
2. There may be a leak of brake fluid. Have a mechanic check the condition of the master brake cylinder and also all components of the brake system.
3. Get a report on the condition of the rotor and brake shoe (all four wheels).
4. Look underneath the car if the car is more than 8 years old. Check the condition of the two metal rods (right and left on each side) that carries the brake fluid from the front to the back. You can inspect this with your mechanic using a flash light or trouble shooting light when the car is jacked up.
5. If brake fluid is low, and you drive up a hill, the brake may not wok properly.
6. Keep a new bottle of brake fluid in you car.
7. Inspect brake conditions once a year when you rotate your tires.

safety first.

G

goddessliss

Thanks pocossin it was the fluid.

Thankyou long yi - It is a '74 kombi so I am always alert to things but alas I didn't check the brake fluid for some reason. The brakes were only checked 6 months ago all over.

She is going in for a service this week so I will be asking him to check all you've suggested again.

- Liss

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).