...life can be translucent

Menu

Wait for something more suitable or forge ahead? 50.2

synthesis

visitor
Reaction score
Hello all!

I have been pretty impressed wit h the accuracy of the help I've gotten thus far on some fairly important questions. I do struggle when it comes to intuiting anything on myself that is not in-my-face obvious with the readings.

Here I'm going to try again though!

My manager is retiring and I'm thinking of applying for his job; the position has just been posted and closes at the end of the month. A couple of my colleagues are pushing me to apply because in some ways I am highly suitable for overseeing the areas I would be responsible for. And there is another, less seasoned (albeit annoyingly arrogant) coworker who is going for it. I would almost be tempted to take a demotion rather than be bossed around by her!

I"m leary of taking on the responsibility of supervising other people, both because I struggle with the whole authority thing, and I have a demanding family life at home.

At the same time, I also have a tendency to underestimate myself, so I wonder if this is something I should give myself the opportunity to grow into.

The question I asked was "Should I listen to my sense to wait rather than apply for this position?" I received 50 with line 2 changing in response, to 56.

On the one hand, this could say "Don't worry about feeling threatened by someone else getting this post, you'll be okay as long as you understand you are okay".

On the other hand, this could be, "Don't be intimidated by the scope of this position, you can grow into it, and it will result in your getting the position and treading water for a while until you find your bearings (hex 56)?

Thanks to any and all who are willing to share their thoughts on this reading.

Susan

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Well I think the main message of 50.2 is that others negativity towards you cannot affect you at all, it cannot touch you. This doesn't have to be actual ill will but perhaps minor jealousies or doubts about you and so on. They can't touch because you have something real and valuable in your ting :)

on balance I tend to feel this answer shows you to be highly capable of the role, that you truly possess all of the qualities needed, you just do and no one can take that from you or cast a negative slant on it or anything. I think your answer may show that this arrogant co worker doesn't have what you have. Your colleagues want you to apply becasue they can see what you've got !

I tend to feel you should apply with confidence ....unless you really don't want to of course. But you clearly do have what it takes to do this job and that other applicant doesn't.

G

goddessliss

Oh yes this is definitely the job for you. Your co-worker is not up to it despite her believing that she is - like trojan says, part of Line 2 states, she does not have what it takes and you do - You though have to really believe in yourself and your abilities and stop underestimating yourself to get the job. - Liss

synthesis

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Trojan and Goddessliss ... I can well believe there is a bit of discomfort on the part of my coworker, because on both knowledge and passion for my program subject matter, she cannot compete with me. But oh! Does she want to tell other people what to do.

The thing is, I do doubt whether this is for me... I have a certain level of independence at my current level, with flexibility to pick my projects, and would really be in harness in this new job, forced to do all sorts of bureaucratic tasks and paperwork. But there is another part of me that wonders if this is what I should do...grow up professionally.

I asked, "what is the significance of my fears, in reality?" And received 4.2, changing to 23.

I then reflected about "Giving up my current independence (at my current level) for more responsibility?" And received 19 unchanging.

I take it both of these results confirm the encouragement to take the leap?

Thank you again for your thoughts .....argh, I am so scared!

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
19 could as easily be the question "you sure you want that much work?"
and 4.2 could also be advice to "not rise to your level of incompetence."
But the bottom line is 50.2 - you already know what is right for you,
without listening to others.

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
19 could as easily be the question "you sure you want that much work?"
and 4.2 could also be advice to "not rise to your level of incompetence."
But the bottom line is 50.2 - you already know what is right for you,
without listening to others.

Epic19 question/answer!

I've never thought of 4.2 as the Peter Principle, but it fits... not always, of course; sometimes one can rise to or above the occasion... but I 'spose there's still something adolescent in it, like the salty dogs having to 'break in' an Ensign who is fresh out of ROTC, yet the higher ranking Ensign is in charge.

I think your 50.2 comment is much gentler and truer than laying any sort of blame on others.

Good stuff.

synthesis

visitor
Reaction score
Bradford:

YES...THAT...IS....IT...!

Whew, what a relief. Now I can rest easy.

Except, per 4.2, I'm not sure I agree I'm a fool...ha, ha, ha! Just not a bureaucrat.

Wow, this is a lesson in trusting myself. Just having it confirmed...the sensation is just....YES.

Thanks!

Susan

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).