...life can be translucent

Menu

21 > 23 for legal action as it turns out

el_2

visitor
Reaction score
Hello all

I post this just to confirm that I'm right in my interpretation, as I've given the matter a lot of thought.

I approached the Yi a couple of days ago with a view to asking about changing a habit of mine. And I got 21.1, 4 > 23 as an answer.

So I got to reading different translations and interpretations and trying to fit the images they gave me with a question relating to self. However, it turns out that the Yi was rather giving me advice about a legal situation that I am getting involved in, as I came to realize just this week.

There is a minor dispute with someone and it seems that they are taking me to court. At first, I thought that there wouldn't be any serious repercussions; even if the court rules against me, which is not certain, it is only a minor thing so there won't really be any serious consequences. I even thought that if I contacted them, maybe we wouldn't need to go into court.

However, probing into the issue further in order to decide how best to handle the situation, I found out that a third party has deceived me (financially) and this has intervened in the process, it is probably the reason I'm being taken to court by the first party, plus it is a really serious matter that I do have to take care of asap. The details are complicated and not really important here. Anyhow, I've decided to contact my lawyer and to take legal action against the third party.

I think the whole thing exemplifies the aforementioned answer pretty welll. Perhaps the revelation about the third-party deception is the "metal arrow" that I indirectly found when getting the facts of the original situation together in order to decide about my next move (21.4).

As to 21.1, what I found out has made me hold back from contacting the person who is taking me to court or their lawyer for the moment. I suppose, the Yi is telling me not to fret about it, a small delay is OK in this context.

So, as I noted at the beginning of this post, I just wanted to confirm that taking legal action is the right thing to do. Well, I also wanted to share my interpretation of the lines now that they seem to be playing out in real life.

Any thoughts or additional advice would be welcome.

el_2

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I got a bit confused with the story. In general I find 21.1 is about times you cannot do anything however much you want to, you are held back as if your feet are in stocks.

I'm not sure that I think it's about delay....Yi has many ways to talk about delay and i'm wondering if this answer was actually an answer to the question you asked...about the habit. I mean if you asked about a habit you want to break 21.1.4>23 seems very apt and why if you asked that would you think it's about the legal stuff. I know thats a 21 link but also 21 could easily apply to biting through a habit.

I think you may need to ask specifically about the legal situation because i think this answer is about the habit...probably ?

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
Hi, Nancy (if I recall your real name correctly?)

Sounds like a stressful 28 situation. Since 21 implies punishment, I interpret line 1 as a warning. He probably just received a hand slap from the landlords. First thing I'd find out is if the landlord or manager has any personal association with the meth head tenant, nephew, cousin, son of a friend, whatever, because if so, that would explain why they've chose to defend this dirt bag's rights rather than your rights to live in peace. Serving of justice is implied in 21. 19 takes charge and gives borders to the lake. I think the Yi is saying, even if you are presently standing alone, to take charge of this abusive situation, and not be intimidated by the landlord, manager and their attorneys. You do have renters rights too, and I would seek a local renter advocacy group to cover your back. I think the metal arrow implies that you will win the case, though you will have earned them.

I had a similar situation last year. After 6 peaceful years, aggressive pitbull owners moved in next door. Between that and all the houses that since were built surrounding my home. I just chose to move on to a more peaceful place. That too could be considered a 21 type of judgment. My options weren't good, because the tenant was the young brother of the builder; their aunt was the realtor.. it's a long story. And, as Brad mentioned the other day, 19 may just as well be a question: is it really worth the work?

Bruce

el_2

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Trojan,

I realize that my post may have been confusing.

The reason the 21 reading didn't "click" for me is because I was asking the Yi to elaborate a previous answer. I often do that and because I may spend days or even weeks on a reading before I ask for further elaboration of some aspect of it, I do get meaningful answers. Even so, I didn't dismiss the 21 reading as irrelevant. I tried to see what it was telling me about the situation or change I was inquiring about.

However, life goes on outside and I got involved in a legal situation at the same time. You may be right about line 1 and I may not have given it much thought. But I think line 4 has played itself out or it may still be playing itself out. The way I see it now is that what started off as a relatively minor concern with legal connotations prompted me to investigate in order to find out what the hell had happened and as I probed deeper into the matter I came upon something unexpected - a more serious problem of fraud against me. It did feel as if I was peeling an onion, finding out one thing made me probe further and one thing led to another and then I found out the cause of all this, but it was not at all what I initially thought it was. I didn't have a clue! What I found out fits with the image of the "metal arrow" in 21.4 I think - or, at least, the way I found it out.

I believe that the Yi always answers my questions directly, even if sometimes it merely reflects my attitudes. I never dismiss a reading as somehow "false" because I don't get it. But, on rare occasions, the Yi has alerted me to some more pressing issue that I need to attend to. And I think this is the case here.

Hope I've made myself more clear.

el_2

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Meng,

No, I'm not Nancy. And my situation has nothing to do with landlords and tenants. It has to do with money paid to an insurance agency, so they were supposed to act as mediators in cases such as the one I'm facing now. But now they won't acknowledge that I ever had a contract with them, which I do have and it is in my hands and they're s###wed (isn't this 21.4 determination?), but I will have to be involved in what seems to be a long legal battle with them. Off with their heads!

Thanks for your comments though, especially the one about line 21.1 - I have to think some more about what the line actually means in my case because I've focused more on 21.4.

el_2

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
Sorry for the wrong name association. I think I confused your post with another I'd just read. Midnight rambles can sometimes be nonsense. :bag:

I wasn't suggesting that your situation was literally the same as my example, but that I related to being decisive to change what was unjust, 21. 21.1 is more like toe cuffs.

Off with their heads sounds like 30.6, which changes to 55, also a severe and demonstrative legal judgment hexagram.

Now it's sounding/feeling more as if you're overreacting to this. 21.1 in a minor infraction, and correction is more fitting than punishment. But that doesn't mean not to prosecute or to be passive. 35 is the relating to line 1, and 27 is relating to line 4. These are progressive goals, not punitive.

Just some thoughts you may wish to consider.

el_2

visitor
Reaction score
Meng, thank you for your suggestions. I don't really have that much experience with hexagram 21 so what you say is useful for me. At the moment, I'm waiting for the other party's reaction and I'll then decide how to proceed. I'll toss the coins again, but I have already consulted a lawyer and we both agreed to wait and see - but not too long.

And don't worry about the wrong name association. So many people on the forum...

el_2

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).