...life can be translucent

Menu

Becoming motivated 10.3.4.6 to 5

deepstillwater

visitor
Reaction score
I'm working four days a week at the design studio, and the other day is spent at uni doing one subject.
I'm finding the day at uni very very boring, and the projects/assessment they are requiring us to do tedious and uninspiring. I feel far more exited about what I am doing in industry, and my lack of interest in uni work has my (industrious and continuous self) a little worried. I'm still doing the work, I'm just taking a lot longer than I used to and I'm unexcited by it.

I wanted to see if there was something I could do to motivate me and re-vivify my approach to uni.

What can I do to become more motivated about university? 10.3.4.6 to 5

10.3 Hmmm, I guess there is a small warning in here that I am only a soldier at the moment (not a great leader/designer). And that I do need the skills from uni - I do not dispute that!

10.4 Perhaps I should approach my tutor at uni to ask his advice?

10.6 dunno..

What do you think?

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
I'm still doing the work, I'm just taking a lot longer than I used to and I'm unexcited by it.

I wanted to see if there was something I could do to motivate me and re-vivify my approach to uni.

What can I do to become more motivated about university? 10.3.4.6 to 5

And that I do need the skills from uni - I do not dispute that!

What do you think?

The skills you need to acquire from uni is a pathway which takes time to gain the necessary nourishment/knowledge. Perhaps it moves slower than you're used to or comfortable with; perhaps everything uni becomes more interesting for you once you get deeper into the subject, but for that you will need to go the distance, all the way up to line 6.

deepstillwater

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply Meng, I'm sorry that I did not thank you earlier.
I have found that the deeper I've gone into my uni work the more interesting and engaging I've found the subject, which was what you advised

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).