...life can be translucent

Menu

Here's the Truth: Part II

malka

visitor
Reaction score
I was offered and have accepted the job (whew!) except it pays 1/2 of what I used to earn and it's also a much lower level position than I've held. But, I have no choice! I asked Yi what I can expect with this new job and received 37.1.5 to 52

Anyone care to take a try with this one?

Thanks to all for your continued support.

C

cheiron

Great news.

Have you read Ritsema Karcher on 37?

This is the place of living and working with others? take care of the space and the people you work with (implying that way you will belong).

Be in the Yin moment.

Initial line is the beginning of the time carrying the advice that you are not yet quite in the space but the oracle of the line is that you will get there.

The fifth line indicates the time and advice that by acting from your heart (not Yang) and providing for others in this space you will do exceptionally well for them and yourself.

So with both of those very positive line oracles the question of what 52 is saying becomes a little difficult from this distance.

I asked the Yi about this and it seems to favour 52 as your current time with the solution to the being ?bound and stilled? giving way to the time of 37.

Does that feel right?

--Kevin

C

candid

It looks like a stable position with plenty of room for advancement.

jte

visitor
Reaction score
Well, that's one down (job), one to go (relationship). Congrats! Hopefully you can work your way up the food chain in your new company since it sounds like you already have the needed skills...

- Jeff

malka

visitor
Reaction score
Kevin ... I don't know "Ritsema" Karcher -- who is this? "The place of living and working with others" is a nice and clear way to put it. I also see hexagram 37 as the "ideal" family in the sense of being about belonging, the stability that comes from structure and clear roles, looking out for one another, a sense of security and safety. When you say to be in the "yin" moment, do you mean to be receptive? To be willing to relax into this community of family in an open, giving and receiving kind of way? This feels like good advice to me and something I feel ready to do. I want to relax into my place within a larger community. For many reasons I have been resistant and distrustful of this in the past.

Line one: I am at the very beginning in two ways. First, I only just start the job in a few hours so it's true that I'm not quite there yet! But the line could also refer to the nature of this initial job. It's a temporary position. Like so many companies now who fear making a commitment to an employee they don't really know, it's a "temp to hire" position. If things go well during this initial period, I could slide into this role more long term, or I'll have the couple of months to secure another permanent position somewhere within the company. I'm going to guess that there is a long term position for me in another department.

Line five: I agree this looks like a positive all the way around. And a good reminder to act from my heart and not my head.

52: When I first read this I wasn't sure if it was referring to my recent time of stillness in my career? Or, if it might refer to this initial temporary job turning into something more long term. I just read in Huang: "Keeping still means to be tranquil and stable. It is a phase of advancement. Advance and stillness complement each other. Keeping still is preparing oneself for a new advance." So this leaves me with the impression that there will be an opportunity to grow in this job, but that I should be careful about the time to act and not act. This feels inline with the 53 you received, in that it's a slow advance to an eventual commitment. And 53 is about family also, isn't it?

Thank you for your energy and attention with this.

Blessings,
Malka

kevin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Ritsema and Karcher were the co-authors of an I Ching.

They worked together at the Eranos Foundation (Jungian)

Later re-published (with some alterations) by Stephen Karcher in 2002 by Vega books it has a concordance and a simple gloss of the multiple English meanings of the Chinese text. I find it indispensable and very accessible.

I am afraid I like to credit Ritsema by way of giving the earlier version as it is one of those works that, were one to have done only that in life, one might feel most fulfilled.

As for Yin ? Hexagram 2 is the purest (Yijing) expression of the mundane form of that energy.

Thank you to both yourself and Candid for giving me a better view of 53? I have a tendency to see its stuckness side and not the stability side ? Which is why I thought the reading was of the ?reversed kind?.

It is a reading which bodes very well I think ? from little acorns etc.

Wishing you all the very best at this time

--Kevin

malka

visitor
Reaction score
Candid ... Thank you and I hope you are correct! You do have a gift for combining the essential meaning to two hexagrams and creating an integrated whole in just a sentence or two. Really, how do you do that?

Jeff ... Thanks and nice attitude: One down ... Now the other one:

I tried something different with Yi the other day. Rather than ask a straightforward question and looking for a answer, I decided to take a dialogue approach. You know, as though I were simply talking with a friend over tea, talking and being receptive to the response. I was feeling frustrated, impatient, anxious and my often reactive response to this discomfort is to walk away from a situation. And I said to my friend Yi, "I'm going to just retreat from him altogether (the friend / possible relationship.)" And Yi responded to me with 55.1.2 changing to 32. I heard the response as Yi suggesting that walking away wasn't the way to go -- that in fact there is an enduring abundance possible with the friend. And the lines: the first says he is my equal, my match.

A couple days later I heard from him and we talked for hours about life. But as before, a sudden disappearance and lack of follow through on his part. Alright Yi ... then if not walking away, what is the best approach for me to take with him? 51 unchanging. And what happens then? 19.1 changing to 7. OK, a responsive, disciplined approach to uniting is on it's way? I don't know how 51 is an approach as much it might be telling me about the potential for a beginning. I'll wait and see what happens next ... My gut is telling me not to take any action until I hear from him next and so that's what I'm following.

Stay tuned. And thank you again for all the support which I so clearly need.

Blessings,
Malka

malka

visitor
Reaction score
Kevin ... That's generous of you to credit Ritsema along with Karcher. Thank you also for giving me that background.

Thank you for the good wishes at this most tender time in my life. Thank you all.

Malka

C

candid

Malka, thank you. I don?t know. Maybe just being fluid, allowing the answer to form without trying to direct it. Coffee takes the form of the cup. The cup is the relating hex., which provides the contextual field. The coffee is the experience: the flavor, texture, temperature, etc. The coffee and cup become one thing: a cup of coffee!

malka

visitor
Reaction score
The job is going well, I adore my boss (actually it's quite a mutual fondness) and there is plenty of room for growth within the company. The actually work I'm doing in this "temp to hire" situation is tedious at best, and a job level that is far below my abilitities and experience, but I am successfully looking at it as an entry point and not an end point. If the 37>52 was about a stable family-like scenario at work, so far (and it's still early) it looks like this is becoming a reality. And the 53, a step by step process.

There are some big fire drills in my family life at the moment and I haven't even the energy to consult Yi on it yet, as I'm just trying to keep my head above water at the moment. Stay tuned for a new thread, or two!

Candid ... nice image with the cup of coffee. I'm going to hold onto this one as a lens to view my future readings through. The canvass and the painting one that floats out there (is that one from Hilary?) is another good image for understanding the relationship of the hexagrams. One again I'm grateful for all the great resources, experience and love on this forum!

Thanks to all,
Malka

S

seeker

Just thought I would share my own experience since you mentioned temp to hire. About 6 years ago I took a job that was temp to hire through an employment agency. It was a secretarial job, and like you was well below my skills and education, but I had a newborn baby to support and a husband who didn't make much himself. It was in the investigative unit of an insurance company. After a while they realized that I had a talent for finding information through the computer. At one point and investigator even commented that if I couldn't find it, it wasn't there to be found. They hired someone else to do the secretarial work and put me on the computer researching full time. But then the company downsized and my position was eliminated (they decided the investigators should be doing that work themselves). My cousin got me a job in the welfare dept, as a worker interviewing clients and determining eligiblity, not what I wanted to do, but again, needed a job. But I made lots of referrals to the fraud dept (my work at the insurance company had taught me a lot about looking for clues) and I caught the attention of the investigator. 3 and a half yrs later, when an investigators position opened up, I got the job. I got it because the previous investigator recommended me and because of my prior experience. It took a while, but now I am in a job that I love and am very well suited for. But I probably wouldn't be if I hadn't taken that temporary position. Funny how things work out sometimes
happy.gif

malka

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Friends,

I thought I would write here instead of starting a new thread. Since I last connected with all of you much has happened in life. There was a serious illness in my immediate family, and happily this situation has now turned for the better. Also, my job went from fabulous to nightmare in a matter of hours. This has been a stressful time.

I must credit Yi however, for immediately following a big work project where I learned about my boss's true nature, I consulted Yi about what to do. I received 33 unchanging. Clear message indeed. I didn't totally listen. When my boss started a campaign to catch me doing something wrong (I had just receive accolades from her boss, and apparently this wasn't ok) I just couldn't retreat in silence. Instead I initiated a conversation, "What's really going on here and can we walk through this together? " NO.

I told the temp agency I didn't want to extend my assignment beyond the initial contract period, and instead requested they start finding a new assignment for me. Unfortunately, a week before my scheduled end-date my boss terminated me without notice. I found this to be just a bit nasty, and certainly unnecessary. I'm disappointed. And here I am looking for work again.

A most surprising opportunity has come my way. It's a position in another city, and a job notice was sent to me by a friend. Before the first telephone interview I asked Yi about interviewing for this position. Answer: 57.3 to 59. I read the line and it's what stood out most to me in the reading. It was clear I needed to relax and stop worrying. While this was only the first question about the situation I'd asked, my mind was surely anxious and filled with doubt. Why not, I'd just been let go from a position and I've been looking for work for a long time. After the telephone interview, which went really well, I asked what I needed to know about me and the company? 47.6 to 6. Again, in this reading it was the line which jumped out the most. I was told to let go of the past and what's happened there (unsuccessful job search) and regain my confidence in the moment. Move forward. Does this also mean to move to a new city would be a good thing?

Your feedback about these job readings is welcomed. I also want to acknowledge that I owe responses to a couple people, especially Val and Demitra. I will check in with both of you in the next couple of days. You have been in my thoughts and prayers and I cannot thank you enough for your support and caring. Same wishes go to everyone. This community has been a gift to me.

Love,
Malka

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).