...life can be translucent

Menu

Advice On Letting Go - 38.5.6

raceecho

visitor
Reaction score
Not the answer I had expected.

As you may already be aware, I am going through a confusing time with someone. I drew 40 unchanging earlier today when asking what I should expect in this. I figured that was advice to let go. I will admit, letting go feels wrong in many ways, but I don't know what else to do.

I asked how to let this go and drew 38.5.6

Is that supposed to be some sort of comical relief lol? I am trying to interpret these lines so as to only apply them to me, but the commentary on the lines seems applicable to my situation. I feel like my interpretations may be delusions, so I really need some solid advice here.

Six in the fifth place means:

Remorse disappears.
The companion bits his way through the wrappings.
If one goes to him,
How could it be a mistake?

Coming upon a sincere man, one fails to recognize him at first because of the
general estrangement. However, he bites his way through the wrappings that
are causing the separation. When such a companion thus reveals himself in
his true character, it is one's duty to go to meet him and to work with him.

Nine at the top means:

Isolated through opposition,
One sees one's companion as a pig covered with dirt,
As a wagon full of devils.
First one draws a bow against him,
then one lays the bow aside.
He is not a robber; he will woo at the right time.
As one goes, rain falls; then good fortune comes.

Here the isolation is due to misunderstanding; it is brought about not by
outer circumstances but by inner conditions. A man misjudges his best
friends, taking them to be as unclean as a dirty pig in and as dangerous as a
wagon full of devils. He adopts an attitude of defense. But in the end,
realizing his mistake, he lays aside the bow, perceiving that the other is
approaching with the best intentions for the purpose of close union. Thus the
tension is relieved. The union resolves the tension, just as falling rain
relieves the sultriness preceding a thunderstorm. All goes well, for just when
opposition reaches its climax it changes over to its antithesis.

I feel that along with 40, the advice is that I am not supposed to let go, at least not entirely. I mean I am asking how to let go, and the answer I receive tells me that my companion will bite through the covering, and that it is no error.

I feel some resentment towards her for the way things have went as of now, and maybe that is what 38.6 is about. Can 38.6 be saying that things are not exactly what they appear? That maybe she will disarm my resentment so to speak through a sincere return?

The last line seems crucial. Things are arriving at that climax. A sudden turn around?

Wishful thinking lol?

Please shoot me some opinions so I don't feel like I am going crazy :\

Last edited:

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
hi
40 might describe the tension and the need to be release in some ways.
H38 lines , both talk about misunderstandings. To my experience 38.6 says that whatever the problem is there is a possible solution if the two parties are willing to work on that.

hope it helps a bit.

raceecho

visitor
Reaction score
See, that's the thing though. I asked about advice for myself letting go, yet both lines read about two people coming together in time, apparently after some veil is lifted so to say (38.6). Confusing to say the least.

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
you said : I drew 40 unchanging earlier today when asking what I should expect in this.

Your interpretation was "letting go" . which is not at all irrelevant with h40 but there are many different ways what that could mean. Maybe Yi point to something else ?

"That maybe she will disarm my resentment so to speak through a sincere return? "
Does what you say here might have a connection with H40 ?

The common theme of h40 and 38.5.6 , from here seems to be misunderstanding
h 40 : The image of DELIVERANCE.
Thus the superior man pardons mistakes And forgives misdeeds.

both 40 and 38.6 talk about cleaning, making something clear . I'm sorry I don't understand what is confusing here so seems I can't help on that respect. You see a conflict between those readings that I fail to see :-( . Hope others will come and help .

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
See, that's the thing though. I asked about advice for myself letting go, yet both lines read about two people coming together in time, apparently after some veil is lifted so to say (38.6). Confusing to say the least.[/

I find your initial post confusing as you have posted big chunks of Yi in amongst your own prose....it's hard to read, takes a bit of work squinting at the sceen to seperate what you are saying from the Yi....so a general tip to get more answers here may be to make your query easy to read. There's lots of queries posted here, people may not want to spend alot of their own time wading through huges pages of jumbled up Yi and you

Anyway I think you have clear answers. 40 might mean let the relationship go or it may mean let your grievance with her go. Looking at 38.5.6>58 it looks very much like you are best to let your grievance go. She sees things differently to you....but there's plenty of exhange to be had (hex 58). The lines speak for themselves...38.6 what appears bad to you isn't so threatening and 38.5 can mean getting through to a source of wisdom to aid a decision. 38.5, the ancestor bites through....can mean accessing understanding from those before you.

The yang change pattern of 38.5.6 is hex 20 so you do need a bit of time to think this through to see what's there. The yin change pattern is 34 so perhasp the way through this situation is to really focus on essentials here and maybe have a determination to get through difficulties.

I don't know if you want to stay with her or not....my eyesight gets too strained to wade through your first post....but the message of 40 uc is very clear

If there's more to do get on with it, if there isn't move on. It looks to me like you and her could continue if you wish to ?

raceecho

visitor
Reaction score
Haha, yeah, sorry about that, I tend to get carried away when I write things out and they can become confusing I suppose.

I'll try to make it simple so you can understand a little easier. We had are relationship for 6 months. Everything seemed well, but she couldn't let go of her past relationship. That in turn sapped passion from our love making, On top of that, I had some medical issues unbeknownst to me that gave me mild ED, which I have since addressed and moved past. Things were chaotic.

She had left him for me, but then she went back. Since that happened however, we've had on and off communications. That lead up to her coming to see me after a month and a half of not being in each other's company, less of some chance encounters.

We didn't have sex, and I respect why, but we were intimate. That passion that was escaping us was there that night, admittedly on both ends. She tells me where she is at can never work, there is no future. She tells me I am the sweetest guy she's ever met. She seems to feel some obligation to this other person, at least in my perspective.

We talked this past Saturday, but it ended abruptly. She shuts down when things get deep. That drove me to ask the advice on what to expect. I saw 40 as letting go, but it appears from your commentaries that really isn't what 40 is about. When I asked for advice on how to let go and drew 38.5.6, I felt like it was telling me to do the opposite.

We can continue on, if she makes the breakthrough this time. I feel like 38.5.6 is suggesting that she will. I didn't want to be delusional, so that's why I asked the advice of clarity.

I think that should be easier to understand lol, and thank you for your responses, though I am still trying to decipher some things.

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
Personally i'm more confused than in the beginning ... sorry :( Don't take it wrong maybe its how things really are.

I went to see a previous thread because you said that you had explain the situation and i thought i was missing something critical.

When i saw this your 38.5.6 reading came into mind and the "cleaning" comment of mine which was kind of visceral than rationaland i needed to see where it came from . To me rain has a cleanishing feeling ... maybe thats why

Side reading

I have recently developed a somewhat irrational case of germaphobia. I cut my self recently by accident thinking a knife had a false edge. I asked if I had possible contracted anything and drew 60.1.4.6

I assume the Yi is telling me to stop worrying, you didn't catch anything, and if you let these fears continue (a bitter limitation), that they are going to start consuming other parts of your life. Think that is a fair assessment?

Maybe there is a connection , at least i can see one. Moreover, Meng's comment on that, seems to match in a way with the 38.6 here.

Something is not as it appears, imo, so maybe you just need to give more time to that readings and let them speak to you.

wishing you all the best

raceecho

visitor
Reaction score
I believe that may be the case. I asked some questions about things to come since 40, as simple as it is, couldn't quite clear it up in my mind. I drew 19 both times. Once 19.1.2.5 > 8 and another 19.5.6 > 61, so I believe something is on the way. The Oracle seems to be insisting on the image of 19. An approach to union and sincerity? I would like that lol

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).