...life can be translucent

Menu

is 27 potential of some kind?

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
is 27 potential or a warning?

Hello everyone :bows:
it looks that 27 UN did not reach its turn in unchanged hexagrams thread, so just to ask what experiences you may had with it concerning potentials when it comes to people relating.
I see it automatically as a warning, "be careful what you feed on" so I could be miss interpreting someone`s affability as it is quite welcomed but rare in this case.
Thanks for your help, d.

Last edited:

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
It's almost pure potential. That's what food is. Nourishment is fuel, potential energy.

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
You are what you eat. Nourishment can shape what kind of day you have. Arguably what kind of week depending on how slow your digestive system is working - the phrases '**** on the liver' and 'looks like he's got the shits with you' are not just clever witticisims ( ;) ) but are in fact indicative of a biological truth. So nourishment can make you have enough fuel to get what you need to get done or it can slow you down and fog up your mind. Food can heal too, so can not eating for some things, if you observe animals when they've eaten something toxic they will abstain from eating until its passed through their system, fasting is a natural way to heal.

But wouldn't you say all the hexagrams show potential? I would...

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
A potential loaf of bread doesn't sound very appetizing, nor nutritious, nor a reason to be grateful to the earth who grew seeds to grain, the hands which separated the wheat, and ground it to flour; to the hens which produced the eggs, and the cow that produced milk, and churned to butter. No, I'll take real bread, now, instead of its potential sometime maybe.

I'd change the word potential to potency, which only happens after the body and soul are properly fed good food. Nourishment is also an outward motion, to feed and nourish life; or as Brad put it, the fire.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I currently see 27 uc as more about need than potential. It's an open mouth, you are hungry, can you afford to actually live on thin air, perpetual hunger ? Can you afford to live on potential ? No...so I often see 27 as just showing a wide open needy mouth. So what are you going to fill it with ? Something real or something that might fill it ?

I'm editing my post to say on reflection i think this is about as far from potential as is possible to get...a hunger isn't a potential its a need. Is a need a potential ? If you need a drink is that a potential ?

A need is a need is a need...you need to know exactly what it is you need then you can go and get the right food but you can't eat potential

Last edited:

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Another point- you don't have the food yet. And getting it is going to cost energy.
And several of the lines talk about ways of spending this energy that may not be worth the expense.

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
Or, maybe you have the food but have not offered it yet, or yet again, they aren't hungry for it; maybe they just haven't discovered an appetite or acquired a taste for it.

I can illustrate a point, but I must speak the recipient's language in order for the food to be eaten (thought about). Then, if I go to another, with different belief references, I must speak that language, before I am welcomed as a source of nourishment. Some prefer wine over water, but it's all the same rock 'n roll.

Besides that, potency and potential are properties of 1.

Last edited:

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
I also think very much of 27 as 'you are what you eat' . . with potential, that instantly translates for me into 'you get what you put into'. Effort, time, attitude, expectations, all play into this - just think of food: fast, slow, organic, cooked, raw, pre-made, soulful. Potential seems a notion made out of various, interlinked webs of actions, possibilities and time so it can be rather abstract compared to actual sustenance . .

In some ways, what I see pictured in hx27 goes back to the cycles of our lives and what we choose to fill with that open field that stands between earth and heaven, past, present and future, each single time

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
Well, this would need to be put into context to help me understand the answer of 27 unchanged, but then it is the wrong section posted reading.
I am aware of needs from my side, there is a need - a hunger for some things but also help offered through words mostly and professionally- interesting and accurate image of an opened mouth, perhaps showing the needy me and the talking nurturing other. Mobile/immobile pair of jaws?

Naturally, I agree that the hunger is not the same as being fed, but it is a beginning of the feeding process...and I was wondering what sorts of nutrients could be offered here :rolleyes:

IC says, 40.1<54 ...well, no one wants me around lately :weep: but it seems to me that the person in question wants only to help me untangle the problem with my sick parent in a professional way.

Also comes to mind...could it 27 be depicted as options OPEN?
As I did ask of possible potential or I am getting back an answer just depicting the current situation.
:bows: &:bows: :hug: to all

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
It's hard to chew with the mouth open, heh. But seriously, 27 does also warn of gluttony and consuming stuff that doesn't really nourish.

Since it's been discovered that real chocolate is actually healthy, not only has the quantity of consumption gone up but they sell 60% and up cocoa gourmet bars in low price point stores like Walmart. Now that's a happy nourishment for many.

So, I would consider 27 to be more about discretion and discernment than openness.

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
Really good, quality and healthy chocolate asks for a small intake also to satisfy the need, especially if one is used to sugary/milky kinds.
So the overall idea is that hex 27 is more a warning than a potential per say?

Last edited:

anemos

visitor
Reaction score

dragona, i'm following this thread but im a bit confused what your question is. In a later post you said how this person, a doctor maybe, provides you some nourishment and assist you to face a problem. Maybe you ask if there is something more there ?

can't say for sure if its a warning or a potential but in my eyes the Nourishment element is pretty straightforward. it seems he nourishes you in times you really need that. Sounds nice.

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
yes, i got the vibe maybe but wanted to check with IC

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score

I'd say portion sizes and selection choices of what we consume, as well as tending to the same types of nourishment of others, is how I relate with 27.

Just as with 42, our increase is intended to increase others.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).