...life can be translucent

Menu

About Timing

wind

visitor
Reaction score
Hello my fellow friends of the Oracle.

I was looking at the time chart for castings over at http://www.yijing.nl/i_ching/yilin/yilin-time.htm and a profond question came to mind.

When basing a casting on time, how does one make such judgement based upon changing hexagrams? For instance, I drew a 33.1.3.4 to 42. If I were to follow the first hexagram, the month in question would be July. If I follow the resulting hexagram of 42, the month would be February.

Is the answer an average of these two months? Do I follow the first or the resulting hex? Does anyone have a basic rule of thumb they'd like to share based on time? I would like to have a greater understanding as to how a cast results in a "when" situation.

I kindly thank all and anyone that cares to share. Hope everyone is doing well. :hugs:

gene

visitor
Reaction score
hello wind

I suspect that like me a lot of people don't really have an answer to this. I personally never ask time based questions, although, there is, I suppose, nothing wrong with it. I think that a rule of thumb is that we decide prior to the reading how we are going to judge the reading. One way of doing that would be to decide before hand how much time would pass between each changing line, or if only one line is changing, which line is it and have a plan for how much time would pass from the first to the last. An agreement with your subconscious mind a priori I think would be the best way to work it.

Gene

wind

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you so much, Gene.

I wil take your method ino consideration for any time related castings. I'm actually kind of glad there isn't a set way of seeing it. I was starting to obsess over it. Lol.

Thank you once again. I do appreciate it greatly.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).