...life can be translucent

Menu

41.4 > 38

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
UHi guys,

Asking this one for a more locational/instructional request about where exactly my water main is leaking? I probably should have asked it more generally too, so to include the question what is the prob, ie. is it an erroded old pipe, a tree root or something else?

Anyway I have been losing a lot of water, which only came to my attention when I got a massive water bill, I now how the main turned off and the plumber arrives tomorrow. i remember a thread where sooo was able to help locate a similar problem from a casting so I thought I'd give it a go.

So far it has me thinking, 'where there is a decrease in divergence' or maybe the other way around, so maybe close to where the pipes diverge. The image of 41 makes me think maybe there is a bit of a lake forming underground, lol, hmmm but if that is true i wont be laughing! The image of 38 makes me think there is some where in clear sight where you can see the water. * added* but so far i cant see anything.

Love to know your thoughts! :bow:

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
Hi CC,

Maybe its a connection point(41.4) where the water is lost... maybe where the main supply and you home's pipes meet(38). Or somewhere around the kitchen or anything else has to do with fire ( from 38 hex )

good luck with that.

S

svenrus

Damage caused by frozen ground, beyond Your reach.
".... she [yilding Yin at the forth place] relies on the help of the one at the bottom [firm Yang], who is strong and firm. When she obtains help and support, her ailment is alleviated...." Alfred Huang.

Damage caused by frozen ground: Uhhhh, are You situated in the tropics ?

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
svenrus, no I live in australia and it is freezing here at the moment, more than it usually is for this region. But not freezing enough for snow or ice its autumn here.
Maybe the frozen ground is concrete?

anemos, thanks for mentioning the kitchen as relating to fire, 4 weeks ago i had to have a blocked drain unblocked just outside my kitchen, i just wouldnt think that would affect the mains, but honestly i dont know too much about plumbing.

well thanks for both of those, I'll write back tomorrow what the plumber says.

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
Well the plumber just left and the toilet was leaking, inconspicuously, so he just replaced the seals. The high water bill though seems to be more about the water company putting the prices up. I have no idea what I'm going to do, but at least I wont be paying for the extra water the toilet was leaking, even though it is a lot less a leakage then I had first imagined.

:)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).