...life can be translucent

Menu

Brakes 55.3>51

G

goddessliss

Good morning,

I now have another leak with my brake fluid. The fluid can be see on the front left hand tyre rim but have taken the wheel off and can find nothing amiss. Now there is a wet patch under the area that maybe the master cylinder sits although it is also where the 2nd reservoir is.
It actually is so sloooooooow it is barely noticable inside the reservoir where I can fill it and it only happens if the kombi is on a slope.

Where is the brake fluid leaking?

55.3>51 Right arm broken???

Pocossin would appreciate your take as always - be joyous Liss

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Where is the brake fluid leaking?
55.3 > 51

55.3>51 Right arm broken???

Well, something's broken or loose or there wouldn't be a leak. With a name like Abundance, I'd guess the leak is coming from the reservoir. Is there a pipe to the right of the reservoir? Wilhelm's suggests checking with a brighter light. Bradford's suggests using a dust -- baby powder or flour, just a pinch -- to locate the source of the leak. Also, if the brake system components were wiped clean, then it should be possible to identify the source of the leak after driving a bit.

long yi

visitor
Reaction score
Check the rods that take fluid to the back of the car (rear brake). If you are on a slope, the fluid flows to the back and leaks faster. Most mechanics can fix this problem, but this repair is not cheap.

G

goddessliss

Thank you both for responding. At this stage we are going to check and possibly replace the seals on the calipers and also the fuel line from the reservoir but until we start working on it we won't know for sure. - Liss

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).